• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 19th, Snow Run

Well I just got back from Leavenworth. There is denfinitly snow on Jacks Pass. The town of Index has about 3" as of 2:00pm this afternoon. And Skykomish has about 6". The Dec run we didn't even see snow till we got upto pass the landslid.

Since we seem to have such a big group this time. We can divide up. Those who want to can go up to Jacks Pass with me and if we see snow to play in up there, if not we can head back to Reiter.
And the others can go straight to Reiter and we may catch up with them later.
How does that sound????

There are people on pnwjeep.com talking about going out on Sunday and Monday. I might head up to Evans Creek, to find out what people are allways talking about.

XJourney said:
Well I just got back from Leavenworth. There is denfinitly snow on Jacks Pass. The town of Index has about 3" as of 2:00pm this afternoon. And Skykomish has about 6". The Dec run we didn't even see snow till we got upto pass the landslid.

Since we seem to have such a big group this time. We can divide up. Those who want to can go up to Jacks Pass with me and if we see snow to play in up there, if not we can head back to Reiter.
And the others can go straight to Reiter and we may catch up with them later.
How does that sound????

Well that is promising!! However, it was snowing in Lynwood, Everett, and Cameno Isl on Sunday so I would have expected them to have some snow. However, it is supposed to be nice for the next few days so we will see when we get there what it is like.

I agree, we will defineitly want to break into two groups. I think we have somwhere between 10 and 15 trucks if everyone who says they are coming do actually show (not bad for a casual informal event!).

If we meet at the Dutch cup with the whole group and then we can decide who is going where and what runs each group is planing and who will lead etc then we can all meet one another and not have too large of a group on any one trail.

Are we all still good at meeting at the Dutch Cup at 9:00AM. You should have eaten and gassed up by then. This ok with everyone? How about we try to get confirmation of who is going by friday so that we have a good list for meeting in the morning.

Any questions?
Michael

I will be there in my xj on 33's.

A neighbor of mine will be there in his white xj on 33's.

A work colegue might be there in their xj (not sure of size of lift).

My brother will also be there with his xj (4.5" lift and 235 tires :) mostlikely or the quad if we do not get it ready for the drive (after installing the lift).

Michael

Brian will be there in his XJ.

I will be there. IF not in my Jeep, I will be the one begging for a ride.

Later
Jason

I will be there on my baby 32's

Hans

Okay, confirmed, Andy and I will be there between 8 and 8:15 for breakfast. My oldest son, will meet us there and ride in my navigator's chair <grin> ;) ...He asked if he could drive....heheheh...right... :D

Problem with the U-Joints. The U-joints sent with the new driveshaft are too big. Crap. Brian is going to see what can be done at a local shop tomorrow.

paul_xj04 said:
cool same place same time, who all is locked up, winches and such. i have an arb up front welded 44 rear but no winch.

Of the group I listed earlier that was coming with me (they do not often post here) none of them are locked yet but we do have at least 1 winch.

Michael

:sunshine:

It's Running smoothly.

:party:

Gonna go beat it tomorrow before work to see if we can come up with any loose ends.

Jason

Back