• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Snow Run (Sun) Feb 15th

Sounds good. I was up in the pass area this past weekend on my way to the dunes. My buddies and I drove on some of the roads near the ski resort and there seems to be LOTS of snow, but we didn't venture off I-5 very far. Most of it was probably snowplow debri.

Just to make it clear this run is not being cancelled.

As we get more input, we can determin if we run it in the same place or move it. Either way, those with less capable rigs (less than 33's, no TAD's, etc) need to be aware that the conditions are bad and it will be very difficult.

Michael

Sounds like we will have to leave earlier next time, Matt, and hit it again.

For some reason, I had it in my head that it was this weekend. The snow should be better by the time the run comes around (well, hopefully).

-----Matt-----

Knock on wood.

And Rich, if you guys go up again tommorrow I could be up there at like 3-3:30, after school. May be too late though, let me know what you have in mind.

-Lyle

Not so sure about tomorrow, Lyle, and anytime after 1pm would be too late.

Not sure if it will be of a concern by the time this goes down, but exit 45 is closed. They had it coned off east and west today. They were working on the shoulder west bound and looked to have equipment up tinkham too. The park at snoqualmie was great today, I think I got burned.

Not sure if it will be of a concern by the time this goes down, but exit 45 is closed. They had it coned off east and west today. They were working on the shoulder west bound and looked to have equipment up tinkham too. The park at snoqualmie was great today, I think I got burned.
It was closed when Rich and I went up. It is in no way connected with Tinkham.

-----Matt-----

It's still on, Steve. We were just getting a feel for what rigs should be allowed. It will be a bit of work getting up there and we don't want anyone getting too stuck.

My intention at the moment is to let the people with less than 33's and at least 1 locker run the main Tinkham road. I get the impression that this on it's own should provide plenty of challenge.

Then let the others try climbing up to the ridge.

Then again, I haven't been up there so I don't have the experience that a few others have.

What do you guys think?

Michael

Is there gonna be another Pre-Run on Tues, or Wed?

If so I can take mine up for an attempt to see if there needs to be limitations.

Well, the good news is that we got snow at my house (at about 550 ft. in the foothills) both yesterday and this morning. Tiger, Squak and Cougar Mountain all have snow on them as of right now, and Si is all white. It's supposed to stay like this until the weekend (with some more snow on the way) so all may not be lost.

-----Matt-----

Snowing lightly up here in my area, not sticking or anything though. The mountains were getting pounded last night when I was leaving Stevens Pass, and we drove through multiple storms on their way up the pass.

On a sad note, Im no longer in for camping Saturday night. I asked for work off, but my manager said it couldnt happen since it is Valentines Day, and my place of work is a restraunt. But, I am down for camping into Monday if anyone plans to do that.

-Lyle

Back