• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Bald Mountain Snow Run

Ben H

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. Not to be confused with Mucks run in February which is sure to be a good time. This is a feeler for the annual Sierra Chapter's Snow Run. Usually it is held on the three day MLK weekend. But alas, life has taken priority for me over wheeling and I have not had the chance to set a solid date for a weekend. So I would like to extend an invitation to all of my fellow jeepers, Naxja or not. The dates are March 6 & 7 at Bald Mountain up in the Shaver Lake area just east of Fresno. I plan on reserving a cabin, but only after I get some sort of commitment from you all. It can be an expensive endeavor if I have to back out because of no-shows and don't want to forfeit any security deposit. There are plenty of cabins available, so a late reservation shouldn't be a problem unless there is a great snow storm just prior to that weekend.

Usually there is about 15 to 25 people that show up on this run and it is always a good time on and off the trail. If Shark Mark comes, he promised he would kick my ass in a rib cook off, so perhaps a potluck/BBQ is in order for Saturday nights festivities.

Sorry for the late notice, but just until recently I didnt think I was going to have a free weekend until May. So if your down to freeze your ass off and wheel with some genuinely nice people and some not so genuinely nice people, like myself, then by all means join us on our fifth annual Sierra Chapter Snow Run!

All jeeps, stock to stupid are welcome, but you must have at least one tow point, a shovel, chains and a get stuck attitude!

Please post up if you think you can make it so I can determine how big of a cabin to get. Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you on the hill.

Even if you don't have a jeep emmhum Scrappy, you can ride with someone I'm sure, :
Picture092-1.jpg

Last edited:
Get a set of chains, if your feeling froggy get two sets of chains. You will get farther than any buggy without chains on ice. Bring it! If Aundrey makes it he'll even put your chains on for you.

I'm sorry to be missing this run this year :badpc:

I am going to put myself down as a maybe. I would love nothing more than to show you up with some kick ass ribs :)

We have a tentative commitment the weekend before. I'll keep you posted......

id be down but im kinda in billys position, im best with a sunday monday run, that gives me an idea....

Ricky and Mark I hope you can make it, post up if you find out for sure.

If Aundrey makes it he'll even put your chains on for you.

I hope to make it, but I am not going to stay in the cabin.

I am not sure I know how to put them correctly, Ben.
property-graphics-_1070775a.jpg

I'm down as a strong maybe. My rig is stock but I have a rear tow point and I'm looking into a front tow bar. If stock rigs should stay home please let me know.

Strong maybe. I've got to get the steering and cooling system done on my junk to get it back on the road. I should have all the parts this week.

Stock rigs are fine and a rear tow point is good enough. The way it usually works is we go as far as we can and then mob in the snow. One year we didnt even make it to the trail head, but it was a blast. The trip can be an exercise in futility, but is fun. So it looks like it is definately Joe and I. Everyone else is a maybe. I'll need more committment before I drop a few hundred $$$ on a non-refundable security deposit.

This is coming up!

I wish I could so this again -
dscn2201.jpg

dscn2170.jpg

Last edited:
Right on, how has that thing been holding up for you?

Way more capable than I am, that's for sure! LOL

I'm looking forward to this, so far I've been on two snow runs this winter and haven't been stuck yet, looking forward to another attempt to get stuck.

We'll get you stuck Joe, no problem. I wonder if Corey and Todd can come, I dont have their phone numbers anymore and would love to see them. Anyone know what is happening with those two love birds?

Back