• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 19th, Snow Run

XJourney said:
My Little Pony: You're rig sounds fine except having no rear recovery points. You don't have a hitch either?
As far as the CB, quite a few of the others don't have CBs either so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.
And I don't put alot of faith in chains IMHO they are for ice, not the fresh snow you would see on a snowrun.

Well I have a new CB on the way and I have my CB antenna in the back the Jeep, just needs to be mounted. The CB should be here hopefully next week sometime. As for the rear recovery point....nope no trailer hitch. If you all think I can make it....I might try to get that day off to try it.

Thanks XJourney for you opinions!!

mr_sniggly said:
Maybe I asked my question wrong. On the last run, I think Michael said we needed to decide on Jack's pass OR Reiter's cause something was different about his setup(?). It seemed like an "either/or" situation and I didn't understand what difference it made?

Mark, It was me who said that. It had more to do with what "work" I concentrated on doing before the trip than what I brought with me. However, I do bring different things with me for each trip. I do not bring chains or sleds to reiter pit!!

2xtreme said:
Mark, It was me who said that. It had more to do with what "work" I concentrated on doing before the trip than what I brought with me. However, I do bring different things with me for each trip. I do not bring chains or sleds to reiter pit!!
A Toboggan (sp?) might be fun on that sand hill though... ;)

My_Little_Pony said:
Well I have a new CB on the way and I have my CB antenna in the back the Jeep, just needs to be mounted. The CB should be here hopefully next week sometime. As for the rear recovery point....nope no trailer hitch. If you all think I can make it....I might try to get that day off to try it.

Thanks XJourney for you opinions!!

I've got a couple more XJ hitches lying around my shop in Auburn. $40 with no mounting hardware. Cheap/easy recovery point.

I will see what I got going on the 19th, I may be able to head up with you guys.

John

hards91xj said:
Is this going to be Jacks Pass snow run or Rieter dirt run ?
Here's the webcam on Stevens Pass summit. It's at about 4200'. There's snow there but not much: http://www.stevenspass.com/WebCam/WebCam.htm

We could (in my opinion) go on up Jack's Pass and see if we might get some snow. If not, it won't hurt anything to go back to Reiter.

A whole bunch depends on how the weather pans out this week...We might not be able to decide until Thursday or Friday.

checking in, still up for a run. It's not looking to good for a snow run, so far the weather isn't cooperating. It looks like the weather is supposed to be about the same this week as it was last week. Looks like Reiter? Well keep us posted.

Hey, guys. this is only my 3rd post. I'm pretty sure I'm in. The only thing i'm going to need is recovery points for the front. What is everyone else using for the front and how do you attatch?

I've got a totally stock jeep except for the tires. I'm on 30x9.5x15 dunlop mud rovers on stock wheels. I get a little rubbing at full crank, but I went out and checked them today and they do fine when articulating after I took off the mud flaps.

after i get the front done on Friday, I'll be ready for the day!

jeff

jmxj98 said:
Hey, guys. this is only my 3rd post. I'm pretty sure I'm in. The only thing i'm going to need is recovery points for the front. What is everyone else using for the front and how do you attatch?

I've got a totally stock jeep except for the tires. I'm on 30x9.5x15 dunlop mud rovers on stock wheels. I get a little rubbing at full crank, but I went out and checked them today and they do fine when articulating after I took off the mud flaps.

after i get the front done on Friday, I'll be ready for the day!

jeff
Jeff,
I bought my rig in 99 with the hooks already mounted as the Up-country kit:
site1102.JPG

Mine is basically a stock rig (for now) with Wild Country TXRs same size as yours and yes...mine rub a little too at full crank. If you can get a couple (at least one) recovery point(s) bolted up there you should be good to go.

GREAT 3rd post by the way! ;) Happy to have you join us, Jeff! Follow this thread this week for final details. Last minute notes will be posted all the way up to Friday evening.

(**SIDEBAR NOTE TO HANS - I received my Medic Basic (CPR) Certification last Wednesday and hope to have my First Aid kit upgraded from the simple "Costco" advanced to a true certified kit. The one I have is sufficient - I just want to make sure it's complete for future events.)

Sorry Mark, could not get pics yesterday. Brian got stuck east of the mountains. The Jeep is locked in his garage. After our Funeral Saturday, the wife talked me into checking a furniture store out. Now that she has her new valentines day present, I have to get something else for my toy. In other words, the Jeep is going to become my daily driver. I have to sell my car, and strip it of aftermarket parts.

Due to Valentines day, my XJ should be slapped together Tuesday. I have some work to do on my car tomorrow. Around that, I want to start running my airlines and parts for the Air compressor.

Sorry for rambling on. Had too much time to think about things today and no one to express my needs to.

Last note...

Mark, there are some days you have planned off in March? On Wed., I might have found some trials to explore down around the Nisqually Res.

Jason

JMotorsprt said:
Sorry Mark, could not get pics yesterday. Brian got stuck east of the mountains. The Jeep is locked in his garage. After our Funeral Saturday, the wife talked me into checking a furniture store out. Now that she has her new valentines day present, I have to get something else for my toy. In other words, the Jeep is going to become my daily driver. I have to sell my car, and strip it of aftermarket parts.

Due to Valentines day, my XJ should be slapped together Tuesday. I have some work to do on my car tomorrow. Around that, I want to start running my airlines and parts for the Air compressor.

Sorry for rambling on. Had too much time to think about things today and no one to express my needs to.

Last note...

Mark, there are some days you have planned off in March? On Wed., I might have found some trials to explore down around the Nisqually Res.

Jason
Yeah! I've got Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (March 2, 3 & 4) off. My sons are flying in Monday and we're going to goof off for the rest of the week before one of them ships out to Korea (Air Force).

Maybe we should see if some of the other folks want to put a more informal run together(?). Who knows! Maybe I'll have MY lift done by then, huh??

We can talk more about it this Saturday.
Mark

Last edited:
paul_xj04 said:
Little pony ill go, where to and a time and day.

Sorry Bro....I didn't see the post....my bad!! We ended up going to Taneum creek in Eastern Washington. I don't get on the computer that much on the weekends. I am usually stuck under my jeep (cause it fell off the jacks and is laying on me) or I am out wheelin'.

Back