• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hypothermia Run 2008 (March 29-30)

Well, I have good news and bad news.
I stopped by the exit (Tinkham/Ashel Curtis) earlier today (both north and south sides) and there is a nice couple of inches of beautiful fresh snow and I understand that they are expecting more over the next few nights. The snow packed VERY well, was nice and firm underfoot and seemed like it would be favorable conditions. It will be slick under the new snow, but I would guess it would be at least reasonable to attemp and with any luck we should be able to at least make for a decent attemp at a trip.

The bad news is that after lunch I seem to have come down with what I suspect is the flu (high temp, whole body tingles and is week) and it looks like I will most likely be laid up in bed for the near term. Although anything is possible and I might be recovered by then I also need to get my front Lock rite, gears, center pin, and shafts installed also which would be adding just a little more to my plate.

I suspect I am going to have to bail, unless I get over this quick (my fingers are crossed).

Either way, I hope to hear another update from Matt and Matt with more favorable news in the near future.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I also need to get my front Lock rite, gears, center pin, and shafts installed also which would be adding just a little more to my plate.

That's like an hours worth of work, maybe hour and a half. Get on it ;) Do we need a quick work party? ;)

J

Avanteone said:
That's like an hours worth of work, maybe hour and a half. Get on it ;) Do we need a quick work party? ;)

J

Throw an hourly labor rate in there and I'll consider that a quote. :wave1:
( P.s. are there different rates dependant on if Eli does the work or not? :eyes: )

Avanteone said:

J

It's not that much work, now that I have the correct parts ;) It will probably take longer to pack the Jeep and load it on the trailer than it will to finish up the front axle.

I also feel MUCH better now than I did last night. But I am still not up to getting under the Jeep yet. We will see how I progress.

Michael

Good to hear you're feeling better. So what's the final plan, or still waiting for a report from one of the Matt's? I'm debating going /w you guys if the snow is decent or running up to Evans.

J

Avanteone said:
Good to hear you're feeling better. So what's the final plan, or still waiting for a report from one of the Matt's? I'm debating going /w you guys if the snow is decent or running up to Evans.

J

I am still hoping we are going to hear something from either of the Matts?

Michael

pretty sure it looks something like this:

corona-lime-slicer-1.jpg

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm just totally swamped and won't be able to make it out there before the weekend. However, with as much snow as Tiger Mtn and the Issaquah Plateau got last night and are sheduled to get, coupled with Michael's positive report about the snow, I'd say we're a go.

-----Matt-----

We got a good inch at my house (at sea level) so I can only imagine it is REALLY great up there.

I am still trying to get better. I am hoping to get the axle done tomorrow with any luck. If I do and continue to feel better I might be able to make it up for a day, but I can't see staying over night this time.

Michael

I might be back in for a day run on Sunday.

Okay, are we still talking about making this a camping trip, or just a quick Sunday run? I'm in for either, but I know John is only coming up for Sunday.

Who still wants to camp? If there's sufficient interest, I would suggest meeting on Saturday at the Tinkham Rd./Denny Creek exit off I-90 at 1200 hours. How does that sound to everybody?

-----Matt-----

Back