• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 19th, Snow Run

Well, ebay is a great place to start Mark. I am looking for one of the Handheld types like Michael has. But, I have one in the garage. If I can find it shortly, it will make it into my Jeep.

by the sounds of it i think this is a reiter run. I dout there will be snow fellas.

anyways what will everyone be in, specs of heep.
ill be in a blue 2 dr. 44/9" axles, 5:13's, locked up, caged, on 36's. just wonderin what trails you guys enjoy, ill run acouple with you guys but i want to try the rock face and try BYS.

this is my rig:
pic202360kb.jpg

Paul your shit probley wont even be done but i am planning on retier that day anway so if for some reason ur shit is actually done give me a call

Part of the reason for the snow run is the ability to have large diversity in rigs on this trip. However, it looks more and more like we will be running reiter pit again (unless something with the weather changes significantly).

It also sounds like we should have a reasonably good turn out of rigs (I think we are currently at about 10.

We have a verity of trucks from near stock, up to 6" and 33's (and of course those of you with 36's) we might want to break up into a couple of groups if the number of trucks stays similar or more and with the diversity of trucks.

I am not familiar with your nicknames for the trails at Reiter. I am familiar with TA1, TA2, The Wall, Shaw Lake, and several others without names that I know.

My recommendation would be that we should meet up either at the Dutch Cup or at the parking lot at the base of the pit and decide based on who is there and where people want to go depending on weather and rigs present.

Michael

smallxj said:
Paul your shit probley wont even be done but i am planning on retier that day anway so if for some reason ur shit is actually done give me a call
mike, i have 3 weeks and all i need is Ken to setup my front gears and go out and buy ball joints and all new wheel bearings, and brake lines and slam it together. hey by the way do you still have that bad driveline from awhile back, i need the yoke part.

So what guys have 35+ tires, locked up and what not and who is 34 and lower. 10 people is quite a freeway to be goin down trails. im down to fawk up my heep. Mike wanna run BYS.

I see a couple people are runnin 30's. Need tire chains just to be safe? Les Schwab ones, paid 82.00 new and only used once.

$25.00

i had to try...

paul, no i dont wanna run bys i would be pulling your broke ass out your two wide anyway. but we willl see if your shit is done you have been saying its gonna be done for thee past 3 months so we will see if your shit is done.

paul_xj04 said:
mike, i have 3 weeks and all i need is Ken to setup my front gears and go out and buy ball joints and all new wheel bearings, and brake lines and slam it together. hey by the way do you still have that bad driveline from awhile back, i need the yoke part.

So what guys have 35+ tires, locked up and what not and who is 34 and lower. 10 people is quite a freeway to be goin down trails. im down to fawk up my heep. Mike wanna run BYS.

of the people who I know personally and who are going, we have a hand full basically stock, a nother few with 31's, another with 32's, a couple with 33's, and then there are the others of you guys who have larger.

I do not want 10 trucks on the same trail. I would like to split up at the base and run appropriate trails for each group. But it would be nice to at least let everyone meet each other and say hi before we hit the trail.

I have 33's and am currently open dif. However, I usually wheel with guys with 38's and locked front and back. I am not aware of any trial at Reiter that I can not complete, however, with the water that is up there at the moment I have no interest in burrying my jeep to the roof in mud either:)

Michael

xjoe said:
I,m in for a run to reiter,black xj 6" 33x12.50's locked, So where do we meet @what time?Thanks.
Joe,
Head East on US2 towards Stevens Pass. Go thru Monroe and continue to Sultan (about 6 miles). Go thru town at the very end (before you start to climb) and look for a fake windmill that's actually a Latte shop. It sits in The Dutch Cup Restaurant parking lot. We meet there between 8:45 and 9:00 am and go on up from there (convoy, good buddy! ;) ).

Andy and I will probably be in the restaurant having breakfast between 8:00 and 8:15. Just look for the Red Stock XJ and the Black Scrambler in the back of the parking lot.
site1099.jpg

site1100.jpg

Park next to us and I'll come out and greet you. If your Avatar is your rig, I'll know what to look for ok?

If you're running late, Hans (XJourney) usually will post his Cell phone a couple days before we go. We run CB channel 4 - but usually don't turn the radios on 'til we hit the road out of Sultan.

These trips are a blast! Glad to have you join us! :D

Mark

smallxj said:
paul, no i dont wanna run bys i would be pulling your broke ass out your two wide anyway. but we willl see if your shit is done you have been saying its gonna be done for thee past 3 months so we will see if your shit is done.
yea, yea, whateva fool. well if Ken can get me front end back by next weekend then im in. just need to buy ball joints, all new wheel bearings and a rear driveline and brake lines. Mikey get me a price check on bearings and the ball joints and call me up today

Has anyone been watching the snow reports, Mt Baker Ski Resort just got 15" in the last 24 hrs at the base which is at 4000 feet. And it isn't suppost to warm up in the next two weeks.

I think I smell a SNOWRUN. I was going to be depressed if I only got in one snowrun in this year. :rattle:

XJourney said:
Has anyone been watching the snow reports, Mt Baker Ski Resort just got 15" in the last 24 hrs at the base which is at 4000 feet. And it isn't suppost to warm up in the next two weeks.

I think I smell a SNOWRUN. I was going to be depressed if I only got in one snowrun in this year. :rattle:

Ok. Maybe this is a dumb question. Does it make a difference whether we do or don't make a snowrun? I read somewhere that somebody had a "different" setup for snow than Reiter's(?). What's the difference? I put my chains in my rig in November and leave them in until March.

mr_sniggly said:
Ok. Maybe this is a dumb question. Does it make a difference whether we do or don't make a snowrun?

Yes and no. I can run Reiter 12 months a year, But can only do a snowruns for about 3 months a year, So in my humble opinion you got to get your snowrun in while you can.

And snow is a great equalizer, you can run stock rigs right next to 4.5" and 33" And no worries about breaking anything. :repair:

Maybe I asked my question wrong. On the last run, I think Michael said we needed to decide on Jack's pass OR Reiter's cause something was different about his setup(?). It seemed like an "either/or" situation and I didn't understand what difference it made?

As much as I am now dying to get my Jeep up to Reiter's, we can only do snow so often. I would vote towards messing around in snow again, over Reiter. I want to see how far I could get first with airing down, over chains.

I would love to join you guys if I can. I have a pretty stock XJ....
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2133980894&idx=1

I made that grille guard from an old grille guard off of a 85 Bronco II, so I wouldn't trust it that much (considering I built it). I don't have any rear tow hooks, I have two front ones, also I don't have a CB (but, I am sure I can have one by the 19th), and last but not least, I don't have chains (I have 31x11.50 Super Swamper LTB's). So, I don't think my Jeep is worthy enough yet!! I have a buddy with the same year XJ as me, but his is really modified, so he probably could go with you guys. My other problem is, getting that day off work....I work until 2pm on Saturday, so I would need that day off to go.

My Little Pony: You're rig sounds fine except having no rear recovery points. You don't have a hitch either?
As far as the CB, quite a few of the others don't have CBs either so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal.
And I don't put alot of faith in chains IMHO they are for ice, not the fresh snow you would see on a snowrun.

Back