• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OC M&G Wed July 12th 6pm

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Will be held again at Grant's shop:
5584 E. La Palma Ave
Anaheim, 92807

Cross streets: Imperial and La Palma across from the movie theater.

During the meeting we will be raffling off one Odyssey battercourtesy of Force Batteries www.forcebatteries.com

Oh yeah, BYOB!

See you all there

Remi
P.S. There will be a movie shown ;) so everyone BRING CHAIRS!

Any chance of getting one of these on a Tuesday or Thursday?

dvd > pictures...

I'm surprised you did not say you had slides ;)

Hey gang,

School schedule changed again and now I am going on Wed nights.

I know a few others can not make it Wed night either. Can we consider changing it to a Thur or other night for the Aug M&G? I would actually like to have one at my home in Lake Forest. I can fire up the grill and provide buckets of ice to be filled with your beverage choice (BYOB). Maybe even have it on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon?

Comments?

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

School schedule changed again and now I am going on Wed nights.

I know a few others can not make it Wed night either. Can we consider changing it to a Thur or other night for the Aug M&G? I would actually like to have one at my home in Lake Forest. I can fire up the grill and provide buckets of ice to be filled with your beverage choice (BYOB). Maybe even have it on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon?

Comments?
As of next month it will be early in the week. Weekends might work for some, but after talking to people it seems that most seem to be opposed to the idea (weekends = wheeling/wrenching and or family time). A BBQ though can still occur on the weekend without interfering with the M&G schedule.

personally i'd like to see them rotate days every month.. having it change to match one or two peoples schedule isnt super fair to the other 18 guys that wanna show up. :)

cal said:
personally i'd like to see them rotate days every month.. having it change to match one or two peoples schedule isnt super fair to the other 18 guys that wanna show up. :)

x2

cal said:

That's even a better idea! Rotate days and location, make it fair for others....

Heck, maybe we will get around to having more NAXJA events/runs...

I mean a quarterly NAXJA run should be do-able, right? Of course the larger events, like Big Bear and Rockin' XJ in JV can be two of those, so we only need 2 more.....

rpraterxj said:
That's even a better idea! Rotate days and location, make it fair for others....
Rotating locations? Why? We have a great location that has really great turnout. We can drink beer, BBQ, talk shop and noone is there to tell us that we parked wrong or that we're too loud.

Days, yeah, we could rotate them but I was trying to stick to a same day so that the old folks amongst the group wouldn't get confused when to show up ;) ;)

I mean a quarterly NAXJA run should be do-able, right? Of course the larger events, like Big Bear and Rockin' XJ in JV can be two of those, so we only need 2 more.....
What do you want from a quaterly run? There are plenty enough runs that people can go on. If you are talking an official run you're talking waivers and stuff. If you're talking unofficial, they're already there.

cal said:
There was a bigger group that expressed interest in moving the date so it's not being moved to accomodate just one person :D

We should really have one completely official event for a few reasons, one of those being raffle. Since Big Bear has become our money event I'd say that should be it. I'm not saying that Calico and any others shouldn't have a raffle only that there should not be any use of national sponsors for that event, we'll call it a regional official event or something... The sponsors are already stretched rather thin as it is...

As for JV - that event isn't ours and in fact wasn't last time (I didn't realize that). JV is Richard's baby.

Grants place is fine MOST of the time but not ALL the time. Changing dates and locations are a great idea. Plus giving Grant months off will probably prolonge the inevitable of us eventually getting kicked out.

Remi, how the fawk is anyone going to forget the date of a M&G with you reminding them with 65 new posts and ten threads about it? Not going to happen. Your logic is retarded. Changing the days / locations is a fair idea that should be evaluated. Maybe sometimes Hooters, The Old Ship, etc.

cracker said:
Remi, how the fawk is anyone going to forget the date of a M&G with you reminding them with 65 new posts and ten threads about it?
Just ask Cal :D Btw, you gotta learn how to count the reminders and threads. There is one thread per month about the M&G or maybe you're just old and your vision is blurry :D

Changing the days / locations is a fair idea that should be evaluated. Maybe sometimes Hooters, The Old Ship, etc.
Well, if we move out of Grants, monthly raffle will go away, so take your pick.

Last edited:
Now that I put my steaks onto the grill I can finish my thought.

Olde Ship? Hooters? Lamppost? Round Table? Where do you want to go? Why there or some other place?

To me a perfect place for a M&G is a place where you can eat, drink beer and hang out right by the jeeps. We tried Olde Ship and while their beer is great, parking SUCKED. Hooters? IIRC very very few made it to that one (not even the person that called it :D). We did the pizza place down in HB: great food but again we hung out inside and not next to the jeeps. Same thing with the pizza place @ Orange.

Grant has kindly offered us the use of his shop. He even makes arrangements when it comes to taking care of the food. From what I hear we're in for a treat during this M&G (some super secret food :D). Also we can hold raffles there and hopefully the end result will be that food will always be free and there will be a raffle each time for some sort of a cool prize (Oddysey battery this time, Plug kits last time). Now there is also a possibility of showing jeep vids/slideshows on the side of the warehouse.

So..... give me good reasons to move the OC M&G someplace else and convince the other people that show up regularly that those are good reasons :D From what I can tell the M&G's at Grants have the best turn outs ever so why break what works?

The floating days are doable but we will have to work around Grant's schedule and preliminary discussions have already been made about this last week so you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaay late :D

Back