• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police shoot and kill suspect with "crowbar" at a Carl's Junior

Until the government starts treating law abiding citizens like they're criminals... or when it becomes a crime to speak out against the government. Law abiding isn't always the safest thing to be. case in point: Nazi Germany.

Well this isn't Nazi Germany...The government doesn't treat law abiding citizens like criminals...and it isn't a crime to speak out against the government.

So basically, your statement is full of hypotheticals

Bottom line, the guy was a criminal...raised a weapon...got shot. Good solid kill IMHO. Chalk one up for the good guys.

Last edited:
dont' get me wrong. I fully believe that the police were in the right, I'm just sayin that our country is going the way of law abiding citizens being on watch lists simply because they do things like go to church and listen to talk radio.

What a bunch of dipshits that filmed that. They have NO clue what it feels like to be in a situation like that, or how much 99% of officers hope that that never has to happen. Pretty cut and dried to me though, that fella raised his weapon, crowbar, pickaxe, whatever it was, made a threatening move toward the officer who hadn't drawn his weapon, the other officer felt threatened for his safety as well as the other officer and did what he had to do. There will always be retards who say they used unnecessary force but were they there and in the moment in that officer's shoes? NOPE. Those people make an already difficult job even more impossible to deal with.....

x2

and, of you don't recall, Obama did put out a list of things to watch for to law enforcement agencies that did include things like owning guns, going to church, and listening to talk radio.

dont' get me wrong. I fully believe that the police were in the right, I'm just sayin that our country is going the way of law abiding citizens being on watch lists simply because they do things like go to church and listen to talk radio.

You're HIGHLY paranoid if you think that we're anywhere near the point at which going to church and listening to talk radio will get you on "the list."

The people who put that joke of a list together had to retract it after the public outcry it created, as far as I recall.

You're HIGHLY paranoid if you think that we're anywhere near the point at which going to church and listening to talk radio will get you on "the list."
x2
Watch me all you want lol I guess Im just that scary

Iraq and Afghanistan veterans have been mentioned by our gov as "possible terrorists" a few times.

"the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks" Department of Homeland Security

God only knows how many officers have lost their lives as a result of a culture of frivolous lawsuits where suspects have more rights than the police or law abiding citizens. It's sad.

Pretty much covers any and all law enforcement deaths in one way or another..........

A total of 1794 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past 10 years, an average of one death every 53 hours or 163 per year.

173 cops killed in 2011.

16 since the first of the year.

BTW, cold weather brings real challenges in justifying Taser deployment on a threatening person. Multiple layers of clothing and coats keep the probes from making contact. Certain materials will conduct the current, but it'll feel like an external zap - like a severe static electricity zap but it will have zero effect on the body.

I wouldn't have even attempted a taser shot in that situation. Big coat and a back pack. No real target area.

I wouldn't have even attempted a taser shot in that situation. Big coat and a back pack. No real target area.

"I did not feel it prudent to use my taser on the subject as his clothing would likely prevent good contact. In my many years of experience I've learned that if you can't zap them in the balls there's just no point."

:cheers:

LOL........good one G. :thumbup:

Until the government starts treating law abiding citizens like they're criminals... or when it becomes a crime to speak out against the government. Law abiding isn't always the safest thing to be. case in point: Nazi Germany.
Ya gotta love the forced comparisons to Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia. By making that comparison, you do a disservice to all those who suffered under those regimes.
and, of you don't recall, Obama did put out a list of things to watch for to law enforcement agencies that did include things like owning guns, going to church, and listening to talk radio.
That would be Janet Napolitano who made the list, not Obama, although he did appoint her to be head of DHS. And hey, the list makes sense, from a paranoid point of view. Gun owners will be more difficult to control, they can fight back. Church goers, if they believe a literal translation of Revelation as being true prophecy believe that America and the whole world will fall under a one world dictatorship, or at the least a EU type deal for the world with one guy pulling the strings. People who listen to talk radio tend to be conservative and looking for less gov't control, whereas the gov't wants more control...;)
"the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks" Department of Homeland Security
Gotta love her. Hey, go serve your country, but beware that we will mistrust you for the rest of your life...

Gotta love her. Hey, go serve your country, but beware that we will mistrust you for the rest of your life...

Stalin did it so it's cool right?

Ya gotta love the forced comparisons to Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia. By making that comparison, you do a disservice to all those who suffered under those regimes.

you're right. I apologize.:dunce:

Back