• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks: So easy a blind 6 year old can do it in 5 mins. with a Spongebob screwdriver

Lol my only post was deleted in this thread. but i like where this thread is going.

I suppose it's probably a good idea for bimmerjeeper to take his shocks to a professional, but he's going to have to settle for whatever off-beat solution they come up with if they shear off a bolt. I would not be surprised to see anything at all these days, from drilling a nasty hole through the whole floor, to leaving a bolt out, to some solution that costs an arm and a leg.

That is why I suggested he not go to a Meinike or Walmart level store, but use a shop that has welding and sheet metal skills and hardware & tools, heavy duty repair shop, body shop, custom shop to get it done in case it takes any fab work.

I've seen that done by crummy shops... including a meineke, iirc. Anything to get it out of the shop, owner won't notice till it is shock replacement time again, etc.

Back