• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police shoot and kill suspect with "crowbar" at a Carl's Junior

But but but, if you shoot him in the face, you get like a bonus to critical chance and he's guaranteed to go down. If you shoot him in the body, he'd just shrug it off, it takes like 6 hits to the body to equal one to the face...;)

That's true and you'll never get the high score if you don't go for head shots.

If somebody is threatening me enough that I feel the need to shoot him you can be sure I'm not shooting him in the leg, arm, or weapon. Center mass baby, center mass. And I'll keep shooting until he's either no longer threatening me or I'm empty.

Dont be stupid, people dont side against the PD just because... shit depends.

No, they side against the police out of sheer ignorance, 99% of the time.

um, what? they WERE ACTUALLY IN this situation, they were there...how do you know what that situation felt like?

There's a BIG difference between being at the situation, and being in the situation. They were at it, certainly not in it. They weren't the ones on either side of the guns, therefore they were not in the situation. In their defense though, I'm sure they didn't think they were about to witness a homicide.

If somebody is threatening me enough that I feel the need to shoot him you can be sure I'm not shooting him in the leg, arm, or weapon. Center mass baby, center mass. And I'll keep shooting until he's either no longer threatening me or I'm empty.

This guy gets it.

The outcome in my mind was clearly justified! The cops used a tazer first which didn't even fase him:eek:. And just the fact that the tazer did nothing it wouldn't surprised me if the guy tried to get up after the first rounds were fired. Justifying the second round, but we don't know cause we can't see him when he goes down. I'd like to see everyone who bashes what cops do in these high stress enviorment spend a day in their(cops) shoes! Its easy for someone to say they went to far if they aren't the one having a guy charge them with a pick axe. I believe the police are here to protect the public!:soapbox:

And this would be a prime example of why you conceal carry. Never know what crazy mofo is going to show up at the restaurant you are at.

Justified but I would have to say it's a bit of over kill. If you can taser the guy in the face you can shoot him in the face. Way to waste tax payer's money on wasted ammunition.
Ok when someone comes at you with a crowbar, pick axe, pipe bender, whatever they use, come tell me how many bullets you used to put them down. I'd like to know.

um, what? they WERE ACTUALLY IN this situation, they were there...how do you know what that situation felt like?

Im glad whenever anyone films police potentially missbehaving, the alternative is for nobody to cover it, which is what would happen if it wasnt caught on film.

There will always be retards who say they used unnecessary force but were they there and in the moment in that officer's shoes? NOPE. Those people make an already difficult job even more impossible to deal with.....
im with ridgerunner here.

Im glad whenever anyone films police potentially missbehaving, the alternative is for nobody to cover it, which is what would happen if it wasnt caught on film.

I meant what it feels like to be in the officer's shoes, in a situation where you have your service pistol drawn and are in a potential situation where you will have to use the ultimate use of force... you misunderstood my statement and took it to an ultra simplistic meaning.

why do you even care about what the camera man said?
THE STORYS IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA.

Furthermore, 1 bullet or 10, dont care if its justified... as long as its not 30+... which has happened.

No, they side against the police out of sheer ignorance, 99% of the time.

No, they side with the guy who got murdered for no good reason.
You are no better, if you side with the police without looking at the situation at hand.... is it needed to say that it depends on the situation ?!? might as well change your name to frito...

tumblr_lfjybuMWyz1qec398o1_500.jpg

Furthermore, 1 bullet or 10, dont care if its justified... as long as its not 30+... which has happened.

Huh? Why do I care? Because it is a perfect representation of what is wrong with the thought process of individuals in this country in this day and age.

And by god your damn right the story is in front of the camera, an armed individual was obviously disobeying commands (which the police officer isn't going to say "oh hey you fella why don't you come on over here with your weapon and we'll have a chat, oh yeah move right for my technically unarmed partner and make a menacing gesture towards him with your weapon") and the officers felt legitimately threatened for their safety and opened fire, you don't count bullets, you shoot til the threat/perceived threat is neutralized, 1 or 100 it doesn't matter you shoot til the threat is eliminated, in the heat of the moment your going to put the lead downrange and on target. If you don't believe that or subscribe to that then I don't even begin to know what to say. What exactly are you getting at with your comments? Forgive but i'm having trouble understanding your view on this matter

They were justified in shooting him. He could easily have seriously injured the cop if he had swung that pipe bender.

Talking about 30+, my local jurisdiction shot a man 76 times. With two AR's and a shot gun. Is that even possible? He deserved it too though.

They were justified in shooting him. He could easily have seriously injured the cop if he had swung that pipe bender.

Talking about 30+, my local jurisdiction shot a man 76 times. With two AR's and a shot gun. Is that even possible? He deserved it too though.

Link to the news report.
I doubt it but if it's true there was a reload in there somewhere.

76rds I think would have showed up on the national news but I could be wrong LOL

Doesn't take that long to empty a 30 round magazine in the ARs, that's 60 right there. An extra sixteen may be eight round magazines in the shotguns perhaps.

It doesn't take long no but the LEO would know the target was down way before that point. He said 2 ARs and one shotgun. Ridge is correct in saying that would be all over national news.

At my old job we had a FATS trainer. It was some over priced simulator that Nintendo WII puts to shame. The only good thing it did was used demilitarized weapons with CO2 powered blowback. Anyway it hung up all the time I was able to get 37 rounds on a bank robber before he hit the ground. Got a reload in there... lol gotta love bad technology.

And this is a prime example of why you shouldn't conceal carry. I doubt tazing in the face was intentional. When engaging a target in public you have to be aware of all of the dipshits around the target enjoying the show. That's why you always shoot center mass. Not to mention he's firing one handed With a dog pulling on him in his other hand.
Please go get real training before you shoot a bunch of bystanders and make CCW's look bad.

The joke...you missed it. Cause I was so serious about wasting tax payer's money on spent ammunition. *face palm*

Legit, He was clearly raising the weapon to strike. The other officer was still holstered and would of had no chance at that distance.

Close range the crowbar would win, I agree.

Back