• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ways to let the police know you're upset with them.

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
I think he got his point across:

Working in a stout former bank building with windows closed and air conditioners humming, Orleans County sheriff's deputies didn't know what was happening in their parking lot until a neighbor called 911.

A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for resisting arrest and marijuana possession, was rolling across their vehicles -- five marked cruisers, one unmarked car and a transport van.

By the time they ran outside, the tractor was down the driveway and out onto the road.

With their vehicles crushed, "We had nothing to pursue him with," said Chief Deputy Philip Brooks,..

..,"Nobody was hurt. That's the thing everybody's got to cherish," said Sheriff Kirk Martin.

Vermont State Police said in a statement that Pion would face seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.

Pion was being held at the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport on $15,000 bail.

Sheriffs said they did not know if Pion had a lawyer. A phone number for him could not be located.

Martin estimated damage to the vehicles at more than $300,000; state police put it at more than $250,000.

Not only were their roofs and hoods caved in, but "the radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars ... We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns," Martin said.

Brooks said the destroyed vehicles constituted more than half the fleet of sheriff's cruisers in the rural county on the Canadian border.

Click through the link, pics are,.. well,.. hilarious. I keep thinking how it went,..

"911, what's your emergency?"
"What?"
"Hey, Jake! Some joker on the phone says there's a screwball out in the parking lot smashing all the cruisers."
Five minutes later:
"We can't even chase him down?"
"Does anyone have a POV?, even a Bicycle? That think can't be doing more the 15, maybe 20 mph!"

Link to story at myFoxdc.com: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19184491/police-vermont-farmer-crushed-cop-cars-with-tractor

They charged him with leaving the scene of an accident? That's bulls##t. They should have charged him with leaving the scene of an intentional.

They don't want to be ticketed for speeding in front of a cop like anyone else.
Have you ever heard of "professional courtesy"? Most law enforcement won't write tickets to other law enforcement officers even out of uniform driving a POV. Hell, here in Phoenix, Redflix programmed it into their red-light and speed cams.

Have you ever heard of "professional courtesy"? Most law enforcement won't write tickets to other law enforcement officers even out of uniform driving a POV. Hell, here in Phoenix, Redflix programmed it into their red-light and speed cams.

It was a joke as to why they needed radar detecters... ;)

Haha! That's awesome! Are 5 cop cars REALLY worth 250-300k though? That seems a bit ridiculous, but it wouldn't surprise me if they spend 50-60k per vehicle.. Silly police..

Haha! That's awesome! Are 5 cop cars REALLY worth 250-300k though? That seems a bit ridiculous, but it wouldn't surprise me if they spend 50-60k per vehicle.. Silly police..

a lot of that cost is the equipment. Equipment that's usually purchased once and then rolled over into new chassis.

Radios, lightbars, cages, camera systems.

It's usually purchased piecemeal, ubt when you wipe out the whole thing at once I could see 50-60 grand in each cruiser. Hell, an in cruiser camera setup is 4-5K per cruiser.

a lot of that cost is the equipment. Equipment that's usually purchased once and then rolled over into new chassis.

Radios, lightbars, cages, camera systems.

It's usually purchased piecemeal, ubt when you wipe out the whole thing at once I could see 50-60 grand in each cruiser. Hell, an in cruiser camera setup is 4-5K per cruiser.

I guess that makes sense.. It's still funny though. :roll:

Yeah, there's a lot of transferable nickel and diming on each car. Plus everybody overstates value when making an insurance claim!

I mean, do you have any idea how much a good 12VDC donut warmer costs?

Plus all the equipment, radios, weapons, cage, cage installation costs, etc I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Back