• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My kids got in a fight. (dogs, a lil graphic)

That really sucks, I hope all recover quickly.

This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but sadly I feel that it's safe to say that 90% or more of the general population has no idea how to co exist with animals in the family which in turn gives lots of different animals bad raps after the fact. Most people don't know how to look for the warning signs that something is fixing to happen or that tension is building and half the time I don't they'd even care to know.

That really sucks, I hope all recover quickly.

This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but sadly I feel that it's safe to say that 90% or more of the general population has no idea how to co exist with animals in the family which in turn gives lots of different animals bad raps after the fact. Most people don't know how to look for the warning signs that something is fixing to happen or that tension is building and half the time I don't they'd even care to know.

I knew it was going to happen my 100 pound un-nuetered german was maturing and my 50 pound pit thought he was top dog.

you know what assuming makes you?

hey guys, my pit is an excellent dog. i think it's all in how they are raised. i would happily take the pit off your hands, but i am way too far away, and i already have a pit, a border collie, and a great dane mixer mutt. but seriously of all of them, the pit is the best behaved, although he can get territorial over food and toys, he has never done more than growl at wichever dog is messing with him. i hate to say anybody should lose their balls, but i think if both dogs are male, you could probably lower some tension between them if you cut down on the amount of testosterone they are sportin. i hate to hear this about your dogs, and i hope you don't have to put either of them down. i do realize that my good pit might be the exception to the rule, but he really is the best, smartest dog i have ever had or been around.

Ok all I have to get in here. I have four full grown pits in my house. Have had them for over four years and never never never one problem with any of them at all. They eat with each other drink with each other sleep with each other. I have two kids one 7 year old and one 13 year old and never has there been a problem with the dogs and the kids.

At one time I had a shep and a pit and the shep started crap with the pit all the time. Everyone wants to always point fingers at the pits because what they have heard on the tv about them. The only reason they have got a bad name is because people for years now have used them to train to fight. It's all in how the dog is raised and that falls on the people that raise them. They were first breed for hearding bulls, (comes the name Pit bulls) this being known would think that they are very strong and determained dogs, so sick humans decided to start fighting them and that has built a bad name for them.

At one time it was Sheps that made the news for attacks just the same as one time was Rots then Dobies and so on. At one time or another there has been a dog called a bad dog but bottom line it is in the way they are raised. Don't let TV make your minds on how you think about something like this. Before passing judgement trying being around them and learn them.

As for what happened with you and your loved ones I am truly sorry and wish it wouldn't have happen always sad to hear about something like this. Very thankful they all are alive and well now. Not one bit of my post here is in anyway saying that your dogs have been raised wrong at all, but trying to let the people that think that all pits are bad that they need to realize that they are wrong. I'm sure you have raised them very well or you would have had more problems then this one this is just something that has happened and maybe can learn from this. So they don't share very well so just don't let them have bones at the same time or place. Maybe try putting in kennel when the bone time comes to keep from having something like this from happening in the future. In no way shape or form should any of the dogs be put down and if you need help finding a good home for the pit please let me know. I have found many good homes for this missunderstood breed and am always willing to help out more.

Ok I could go on for ever but I think I have said enough to get enough crap thrown back at me here and I'm ready for it so let come folks I'm ready for it lol

P.S. what the hell does the color of your skin have to do with the kind of dog you own?

P.S. what the hell does the color of your skin have to do with the kind of dog you own?

If you have to ask, you live in the middle of no where so what's the point. White trash people own them as well I guess.

I've never heard of an "ive" or a "cuz" so does that mean that you own one?

If you have to ask, you live in the middle of no where so what's the point. White trash people own them as well I guess.

Now I'm white trash well so be it I might need to step out the trailer here and shoot me some beer cans.

Lol looks like everyone has been having fun. I guess I'll interrupt it with an update.

Ado gets his tubes pulled tomorrow.
the pit is back to jumping around with his bone.
I'm debating chopping the germans balls off It's just a shame he has such a great blood line. I couldn't afford the Schutzhund training anyway.

Here are some pics

The carpet looks much better (this was from yesterday the sides of the pic are cleaned now too. Rug doctor worked great)
IMG_4600.jpg

Here's my son and his tubes
IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

wow thats pretty nuts

Back