• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why OffRoad Armor will never see a penny from me

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
First let me start by saying I know the guy behind the company personally. Have for years and he's a local guy to our chapter.

When things were rolling for JD last year or so he was getting a lot of negative feedback. Taking money and no product in return. Blowing off customers. Ignoring self obligated deadlines. And failing to come through in anyway at all until the customers reached point of showing up to his house demanding money back. Always with an excuse of being sick, at the hospital, family emergency, whatever.

I figured, things must not be that bad, let me order some sliders through him and give some good feedback for him, these people are obviously overreacting. 3 weeks. WEEKS. After the initial 'promised date' to have me the sliders, I finally got them. This is after text upon text, call upon call, offer to pick them up, pay more for shipping, whatever. Always an issue with him Being sick, his family needing something in an emergency, or he had to go to the ER.

So, I left no review, I was pissed how it turned out, but I knew the guy and didn't want to make things worse.

Fast forward to coloradofest last month. JD is a sponsor here, and part of his agreement is to offer up so much gear to raffle off. His attendance was questionable for weeks prior to the event. We began working ways to get his gear to cofest. I offered to go get them, haul them out to the event and everything, just to help out. Yet time and again, there was an excuse. An issue with meeting up. He couldn't make it into town to drop them off at my brothers place. Nothing.
Then he's supposed to make it out to cofest for the raffle and bring his gear. That never happened.
Several different winners for his 3 items. Myself and two north of myself, and Jd.

I offered to run the sliders and bumper north for him when I picked up the rear bumper I won. Sounded like a plan. Then it became excuse after excuse. Like I said, I know JD personally, so he knew it was going on my sisters rig, who leaves for college this week. So there was only about a 3 week timeframe to get it from him and pick it up.

Several attempts were made to have him drop it off, have him ship it, have me pick it up. All failed. The other folks haven't gotten theirs either because of the same sad excuses as he always gives. I'm too sick. I can't do anything. I'm in the er. Bumper isn't here it's at my dads where he has room to store it. Jd live on 20 or so acres with a workshop. But he doesn't have the room? He doesn't feel good and is in the er being sick, yet he posts pics of him and other members drinking in his shop partying instead of being at cofest or finishing the work he was obligated to get done.

So now that my sister is leaving. Jd 'apologized' and offered to do the sliders on my brothers rig to make up for it. Against my judgement, my brother agreed. Jd backed out twice from meeting up. And then finally flat told him he wasn't gonna do them at all.
And still hasn't delivered the items to any of the folks.

If anyone is curious, or if there is rebuttal from OffRoad armor, I have screen shots of all the texts, the pics from drinking when he couldn't make it to cofest. Etc. etc.

How fair is it to other sponsors to pay their dues and be stand up folks when he gets to be a slime ball and gets same treatment.
How fair is it to members who support the chapters with raffle funds, to get screwed by a company who can't live up to their word to come through.

Regardless of being on naxja anymore or not, they will never see a penny or a positive thing to say from me. This bs has to stop with companies.

Buyer beware.

Didn't he buy the company from AJ who had all the exact same problems and excuses?

or am I remembering wrong?

I'll update later with pics of the text convo.

Made an offer to Jd to provide the obligated bumper. And it would be raffled (free) to the folks who were at and bought tickets originally.
He agreed. To doing two even. And that they would be available this weekend.

Yet again. He flaked. And stated he doesn't care about making it right with the community since he was cancelling his sponsorship anyway.

Was talking with him on Facebook and I guess his plasma took a dump... But that just happened the other day so I don't see that being related to this going back.
I do understand as a small shop at times getting backlogged, but this sounds a bit different than just being backlogged.

I understand being back logged or behind. Hell even if he wasn't, just saying he was would have made it all better. It's the fake agreements to show up, but never actually showing up and always having an excuse for a month is a bit ridiculous. Especially when people trying to stick up for him trap him in a lie.

It's not a matter of being mad the product is 'late' (not a single of the 3 items has been received) but that he bold faced lied to people and continues to do so. THAT is the problem.
Saying 'I effed up and need a few weeks man' would be like damn need a beer and a hand for a few days?
But the lying just makes it all a bigger problem.

29135400576_1896661f88_z.jpg

28547046714_ae3a4d34c6_z.jpg

29090807541_aac7799fa9_z.jpg

29135382316_2675796a9a_z.jpg

28547067794_e5ea4cb4f1_z.jpg

Last edited:
29108586246_4e66bd4f3b_z.jpg

What i dont have copies of is the efforts for 2+ weeks prior to cofest to pick up the completed items. Every time a pickup was set up he bailed, no showed, or gave the same excuses you see above. So for over a month its been a battle of excuses and bs for shit that is supposedly done, yet not done, shipped, but not shipped, delivered, but at his dads.....

You'll notice the 'it's been done and sitting at my dads'
Then the 'I'm still working on it'
Followed by 'I'm not a liar it's been done'

Also the 'I shipped them their stuff'
Turned into 'I can still ship them their stuff'.

It's all a circle. Giant circle of bs.

Guys like this ruin small business names for other small businesses.
When I order from dirtbound, they flat out say, allow this much time to get the item together. Then update once things change. That's how you run a good business.
Sadly. This guy will turn folks away from well run small business.

Back