• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My kids got in a fight. (dogs, a lil graphic)

All dogs have potential to kill. except maybe a chihuahua. I can pull food/treats away from him just fine. He let me treat his wounds which says somthing for him. I'm sure it was a very painfull experience.

Did I read correctly - your Shepard's name is Adolf? Obviously after the Nobel Prize-winning German chemist Adolf Otto Reinhold Windaus, right?

Naturally

Iraqi police

I see. So that one particular IP is just a moron?

Lol I'll have to find a old video so you can make that determination yourself.

Sorry to hear about your dogs. How's the clean-up coming along?

I'm at work right now but I rented a rug doctor my bissel wasn't up to the task. It's turning out surprisingly well I will post pics when I'm done.

I called my friends cleaning lady she said she would come do it. Then a couple hours later she called me and said she thought about it and she can't do blood. I don't blame her lol.

WOW why does it matter what his dogs name is.

You would be surprised at peoples reaction when I yell Adolf in my angry army voice.
they go from WTF to appauled pretty quickly when they realize it was my dogs name.

people automatically assume I'm racist I don't care what they think :).

If you named your dog charles I wouldn't automatically assume it was after charles manson.

WOW why does it matter what his dogs name is.

Just thought it was interesting, as a German, to hear that someone named their GERMAN Shepard "Adolf". That name has some history, but carries NO relevance to the incident between the dogs.
I named our dog Steve for no particular reason, but I've yet to meet a Steve I haven't gotten along with.

I named our dog Steve for no particular reason, but I've yet to meet a Steve I haven't gotten along with.

I lived in Germany for 4 years and never met an Adolf I didn't like.

People are way to sensitive. Racism is taught its not learned from a dogs name. And im half slovic. You dont see me getting all butt hurt!!!!! Isnt it spelled Adolph any way

I named my dog six pack the down side was everyone tryed to to make him drink a six pack. I wasen't ammused

Can I make a general statement about you, even though we've never met? :rolleyes:

Long and short of it: adult dogs were left with a puppy and unsupervised. They decided who would be the dominant dog (as they do) and animals got hurt. Once they've been at this point, there isn't any turning back. They need to be separated and I think there's a good chance that the pit is going to be taken, provided the vet does what they're supposed to do. Unfortunately, through events like these, breeds gain reputations...when it's not the fault of the dogs. It just wasn't a good situation for anyone.

:D Of course you can make a general statement about me, whether we've actually met or not. Whatever you've gleaned from reading my posts here obviously applies, as well as whatever "reputation" I may have gained on the boards and in person. I'm generally thought of as a well-intentioned smartass who is fun to wheel and camp with and is usually the first person digging out tools to help someone broke down on the trail.

As far as the dogs go, both pits and to a lesser extent German sheps have developed a reputation as unstable dogs, prone to aggression. This didn't happen in a vacuum or by accident, it happened as a result of many incidents similar to the one MP described. Is some of it unfair? Sure, like any generalization. But this isn't a generalization, it's a specific incident between two historically unstable, violent breeds of dogs. I had a shep when I was a kid, she was a great dog 99% of the time, but she was a shithead around other dogs. had a buddy who had one years ago, same deal.

Sorry if I struck a chord with that comment, but it's spot-on in this particular incident. If you've had pits or sheps that were great dogs 100% of the time and were peaceful and playful around other dogs or kids, then that's great, I'm very happy for you. But that's not the general rule, the opposite of that is.

Isnt it spelled Adolph any way

Nope. Adolf. Who said anything about racism? Me = German. Culturally sensitive, maybe - but not racist. I don't care what you name your dog, hamster, or fish - just don't act shocked when the general public becomes offended when you're yelling his name - you knew what you were doing when you named the dog. It's like the people that tattoo their faces, split their tongues, shave their heads, and pierce every few square inches of real estate on their body, yet bitch because everyone stares at them when they go to the mall. Good lord.
I'm sure it's all in good fun until you move next door to a family who had relatives that didn't make it out of Auschwitz or any of the other camps.
I've been thinking of a name for my boat - you know, people like to name their boats. Maybe "Task Master", or Amistad. It just seems like fun. :rolleyes:

Nope. Adolf. Who said anything about racism? Me = German. Culturally sensitive, maybe - but not racist. I don't care what you name your dog, hamster, or fish - just don't act shocked when the general public becomes offended when you're yelling his name - you knew what you were doing when you named the dog. It's like the people that tattoo their faces, split their tongues, shave their heads, and pierce every few square inches of real estate on their body, yet bitch because everyone stares at them when they go to the mall. Good lord.
I'm sure it's all in good fun until you move next door to a family who had relatives that didn't make it out of Auschwitz or any of the other camps.
I've been thinking of a name for my boat - you know, people like to name their boats. Maybe "Task Master", or Amistad. It just seems like fun. :rolleyes:

Stop talking about the name, no one else is. :bawl:

Back