• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My kids got in a fight. (dogs, a lil graphic)

Nope. Adolf. Who said anything about racism? Me = German. Culturally sensitive, maybe - but not racist. I don't care what you name your dog, hamster, or fish - just don't act shocked when the general public becomes offended when you're yelling his name - you knew what you were doing when you named the dog. It's like the people that tattoo their faces, split their tongues, shave their heads, and pierce every few square inches of real estate on their body, yet bitch because everyone stares at them when they go to the mall. Good lord.
I'm sure it's all in good fun until you move next door to a family who had relatives that didn't make it out of Auschwitz or any of the other camps.
I've been thinking of a name for my boat - you know, people like to name their boats. Maybe "Task Master", or Amistad. It just seems like fun. :rolleyes:

Saw a fishing boat with bold, stylized letters professionally done down the side reading: "Salmon Killer". :D

The salmon, could they read, would not be amused. :)

Yeah how did we get here any way. This Tread was about 2 dogs fighting.

And one of the dogs (the one that got his tail handed to him, incidentally), is named "Adolf". I just found it curious - nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't until you said something about me making a statement about the name that it became an "issue".
A small part of me thinks it's funny - and ironic (though I don't expect you to understand what this means). I have to assume that, like myself, MP is a relatively big guy and doesn't get hassled too much over the name. I guess I was just as curious as to how people reacted to the name as I was about the reason for naming the dog "Adolf". I don't know the guy, personally. I'll let the "name thing" go if you do.
MP - Sorry about railroading your thread. The situation with the dogs sucks, hopefully you and the fiance can work something out - hopefully she'll come to understand the danger involved.

Whatever no big deal to me. You just brought up the dogs name i was trying to find out what you where trying to imply. I really didnt mean to offend anyone. i understand just fine

its clear to me. shoot the GF, and dump the pit.

Roger

MP - Sorry about railroading your thread. The situation with the dogs sucks, hopefully you and the fiance can work something out - hopefully she'll come to understand the danger involved.

Thanks, I don't care I find it entertaining.

Anywho I've got an appointment at 3:45 to get the pit sewn up. The german is apparently walking to pee on his own. His wounds are still leaking blood (hoping that's what the drain tubes are for and they didnt leave uncontrolled bleeding.)

But this isn't a generalization, it's a specific incident between two historically unstable, violent breeds of dogs. I had a shep when I was a kid, she was a great dog 99% of the time, but she was a shithead around other dogs. had a buddy who had one years ago, same deal.

Sorry if I struck a chord with that comment, but it's spot-on in this particular incident. If you've had pits or sheps that were great dogs 100% of the time and were peaceful and playful around other dogs or kids, then that's great, I'm very happy for you. But that's not the general rule, the opposite of that is.

I guess the 3 Shepherds I had while growing up were anomalies. Call Guinness. :D My only complaint about any of them was that they didn't live long enough. ;) All were spectacular with kids, all came from different breeders from different areas and bloodlines. All were raised exactly the same way...which may bring up another point. I guess it's unfair to use my record to defend the breed. :laugh3:

wow. and all this started with 2 dogs fighting.

Fun right? :party:

Oh and vet said the pit's healing fine he didn't need stitches he then charged me 38$ which was a much better option than the 1000$ dumb bitch vet at diamond.

I'm just going to get some OC spray from work. Teach the woman how to use it and call it good.
The dogs are kenneled seperatley when we're not home so they're always supervised.

German has 2 more days of drain tubes I'll post some pics when I get home from work.
I got some pics of the carpet too doesn't look like anything happened there now.

They are both feeling much better. The german wants to play. He's managed to ruin alot of my clothes already lol (his drain tubes are on his chest)
I'd just shoot them all and start over.
The Fiance' too?:wow:
:D

Better yet, show her.
Lol She'll be alright, A pissed off gf and some whining dogs is better then a bloody mess the local PD and me leaving work.
I can't really leave my work I have to meet a 10 min response time.

Edit: make that a whining pissed off gf

Not to be racist, but.. You're white? What are you doing with a pit?

Not to be racist, but.. You're white? What are you doing with a pit?

Michael Vick is my idle :wow:

Actually it's my womans.

Back