• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fundraiser and donations for fire victims!

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I just got a message from a sneezing Grant (I think he's close to the ash clouds). Anyways, he is working on collecting canned goods and other items to pass on to the fire victims. He will be taking those at his office at 5584 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807 during regular business hours.

More details will be posted as soon as I get more details in!

awesome to hear! I would assume that donations should include:
- non-perishables (canned goods)
- bottles of water
- blankets
- clothes
- hygiene kits
- kitchen wares (plates, spoons, forks, bowls, glasses) so they can eat the food

As soon as you get more info Remi, let us know if he is accepting any of the above. I have lots of plastic cups, plastic ware I can donate.

Out here in Borrego, FEMA has done a great job (as well as the Red Cross) of providing most of the essentials, what we need that hasn't been provided is towels. It might sound kind of simple, but nobody thaught that all these people would need towels for showering....
Maybe hit up Wal-Mart or whoever and pick up some towels, food is not an issue (at least out here.)

Rick

Thanks Grant!

here's the deal. Grant will feed and do a drive for the folks there. Helping hand is welcome: if you got some time you want to donate to help cook and feed the folks send an email to [email protected] I will be posting more info as it comes in. He will also be doing a canned food and diaper and whatever other necesseity drive as well. He has done it already once in 2003 and he is going to do it again.

Maybe we can do a couple of collection points and the group can donate through them. It will be very hard for folks to get out the Grant's place, but maybe we can use the "rail-road" from collection to collection point.

I can get the items to Grant's house or even to his work.

When is the deadline?

What is he needing, other than help?

THANKS GRANT!

We miss you over here, been too long!

I can collect in the valley and take stuff down to grant. I drive to OC 2-3 times a week.

250 E. Olive Ave, Suite 200
Burbank, CA 91502

Just ask for Cal.

Back