• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech day in March!

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
After a fun and successful tech day in January where we removed the brackets off a D30 and a D44 and beginning welding on new brackets we can now hold a second one to *hopefully* finish this project up.

When: Sunday March 5th at 10:00 AM

Where: Tom's (oldman) house: 3469 Janus Drive Loveland, CO 80537

What: Dana 30: Weld LCA brackets, UCA bracket, finish welding truss, weld trackbar mount, and weld sway bar brackets on. Dana 44: Weld TNT ubolt eliminators, weld shock mounts, and weld Iron rock truss on.

Fire away with any questions - I'd love to have some sort of lifted XJ with a D30 front to get some measurements off but I think we can manage.

Re: Tech day in January!

Anybody coming this weekend?

BTTT Love to have some experienced dudes come for input and some noobies like myself to learn!!

:D

I would like to make one of these. Working day shift this Friday,Saturday and Sunday.

SHOOT poor timing. We may end up needing to reschedule unless we get some more people coming so you may be able to make it.

So it looks like I won't be able to make it. Just too much stuff piling of with taking last week off, and needing to get the buggy rolled into the shop. It's already looking like long days and late nights to get what I need to done.

I finally got to meet with our USFS Volunteer Coordinator. Color me maybe!

I would love to show up , but I feel compelled to work on my pile pushing hard towards trail ready by end of the month ...I still have the case sitting for you ...next trip to town I will drive up north to you. I would love to come and work on these axles with the group , but I have limited to get this thing done...lol...I am tired of working on it and so are my neighbors .

I would love to show up , but I feel compelled to work on my pile pushing hard towards trail ready by end of the month ...I still have the case sitting for you ...next trip to town I will drive up north to you. I would love to come and work on these axles with the group , but I have limited to get this thing done...lol...I am tired of working on it and so are my neighbors .

People are busy, no worries man. There will be more! :D :cheers:

People are busy, no worries man. There will be more! :D :cheers:

Thanks for understanding I got until the end of the month before I start working again., so I have been putting in the time hoping to be trail ready I have not run s trail since August.2014 ...driving over Jersey walls in a less than half done rig with shocks dangling not mounted.tack welded exo b pillars and rear door skins duct taped on was closest thing to wheeling in 2 years. Hopefully I.will see some of the group on trail this year .

I gots permission! :)

Just did a 4l80 for some repair. Yay. Not.

4L80's are way easier than these 4L60's. I rebuilt a ton of them at work as they're what later HMMWV's use. This 4L60 is my first and I'm not liking it. I'll stick with axles in the garage from now on.

Back