• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech day in January!

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
All right! oldman (Tom Houston) has offered to assist me with my axle project(s) :worship: . We are going to do a tech day in January, I wanted to post up to gauge some interest on if anyone wanted to come help/learn.

What we are doing:

Cutting LCA brackets, track bar bracket, and sway bar brackets off a D30
Cutting spring perches and shock mounts off a D44
Welding on track bar bracket, sway bar brackets, artec truss, inner c gussets, LCA mounts, and pass side UCA on to the D30
Welding on TNT ubolt eliminator perches and an Iron Rock truss on the 44.
Welding on SFR WJ knuckle spacers on to both WJ knuckles
Reaming out the WJ knuckles to their proper size.

Where:

oldman's house, he lives in Loveland. My DD is a 2016 Silverado and I can carpool people up from Denver if any one wants too...

When:

This is the question, Saturday January 14th, Saturday the 21st, or Saturday the 28th can work. Or Sunday the 29th.

Let me know if there's any interest, if I forgot any details, and well firm the date up.

:NAXJA:

Me and the boy will show if I don't work the Saturday it falls on.

If you know your schedule now - let me know. Mine is "flexibile" - I just need to schedule myself off. :cheers:

Id be interested to drive out and learn its only 3.5 hours out there. And put some faces to some screen names!

I think we may BBQ some brats for those who show up.

If I'm home I will probably drive on up...probably a good time to toss that transfer case in the bed as well .

THIS is going to be awesome.

I'll bring Edwards Meats brats. The best in the land. :D

:cheers:

If I'm home I will probably drive on up...probably a good time to toss that transfer case in the bed as well .

That would be much appreciated.

Okay - Saturday the 28th of January it is! Mark your calendars!!

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

It's official. I put it in my Outlook calendar.:cool:

The address is my place in Loveland.

3469 Janus Drive
Loveland, CO 80537

How about a address and do we need to bring anything ie soda,chips,desert,big hammer?? :cheers:

PPE's would be good:
Clear safety glasses that meet ANSI Z87+ at the minimum, with ratings for UV and IR.
Sensible footwear, something that will protect your feet from glowing-hot steel.

For the un-initiated, PPE stands for PERSONAL Protective Equipment. I use the emphasis because, in short (bad pun alert), I don't want to wear your safety glasses any more than I want to wear your underwear.

Be responsible for your own health and well-being. Go to your local hardware store and buy your own safety glasses. You will find that a lifetime of vision is cheaper than a 12-pack of beer! :soapbox:

Thankyouverymuch. :)

Dark work glasses for plasma & welding helmet for when welding is occurring. Otherwise be prepared to look away...

Back