• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech day in January!

Ill be in MEXICO getting hitched!! Post pictures!!!!!

Dang man! We'll get you on the next one!!!

Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

OK, lets see a show of hands on who is wanting to come, We still need to set the time.

I could show up to drink all your food, eat all your beer, and even practice on your welder. I'd rather see new faces show up for something like this.

If things look that boring, I'll show up for some comedy relief. ;)

OK, next Saturday, January 28th is the day. Tom and I spoke and decided on 10:00 AM.

If we could get a good idea of a head count so post up or PM me. I can pick some people up, I'll have three seats available, PM me definitely if you want a ride and we'll figure it out, I'm in Lochbuie (Brighton) and am picking up Kittrell from Broomfield.

We're thinking brats for lunch and hopefully done mid/lateish afternoon.

Tom's (oldman) house
3469 Janus Drive
Loveland, CO 80537

DO NOT FORGET YOUR PPE! If you plan on getting close! :D

Clear safety glasses that meet ANSI Z87+ at the minimum, with ratings for UV and IR.
Sensible footwear, something that will protect your feet from glowing-hot steel.

Here's the list again of what's going down:

Cutting LCA brackets, track bar bracket, and sway bar brackets off a D30
Cutting spring perches and shock mounts off a D44
Welding on track bar bracket, sway bar brackets, artec truss, inner c gussets, LCA mounts, and pass side UCA on to the D30
Welding on TNT ubolt eliminator perches and an Iron Rock truss on the 44.
Welding on SFR WJ knuckle spacers on to both WJ knuckles
Reaming out the WJ knuckles to their proper size.

Pictured below are all the parts. I still need to pickup the LCA brackets from Hooligan on Monday and buy the paint.

Should I press the ball joints out of the D30 to get them out of the way? They're being replaced anyway?

D30

D30 Housing
Artec truss
Artec inner C gussets
Artec UCA mount
Stinky fab axle side track bar bracket
Stinky fab spring bucket supports
Stinky fab sway bar brackets
Stinky fab WJ knuckle spacers
Hooligan LCA mounts
Old D30 hubs for template for knuckle spacers

D44:

D44 housing
TNT ubolt eliminating spring perches
TNT shock mounts
Iron Rock truss

1 gallon of Top Secret TS-100 paint
Paint brushes (cheap)

Is there anything I am forgetting?

Axle%20Stuff_zpsushvkcc4.jpg

Get any feedback from the Facebook page?

Anybody going to bring an XJ with a D30 Front so we can get some measurements?

Anybody going to bring an XJ with a D30 Front so we can get some measurements?

If it helps, I can bring the stock height XJ they are going in. I think I should be able to fit everything in the back.

It would change my car pooling abilities though!!! :D :laugh:

Sorry guys we will not be able to attend, something came up that will take most of my day. Was looking forward to it but just can't make both things happen.

I was planning on at least dropping by, but with work I'll have to see how things go.

There's a chance I'll have to work both days this weekend, maybe not.

Even if I don't I might have to use this weekend to catch up on things from this week, which is looking like a 70 hour week minimum.

Yay...

Sorry guys we will not be able to attend, something came up that will take most of my day. Was looking forward to it but just can't make both things happen.

Bummer dude!! :(

I was planning on at least dropping by, but with work I'll have to see how things go.

There's a chance I'll have to work both days this weekend, maybe not.

Even if I don't I might have to use this weekend to catch up on things from this week, which is looking like a 70 hour week minimum.

Yay...

Oh shoot, I've definitely been there, that's a bummer dude. Hopefully you can swing it but I understand if not.

:cheers:

This is turning out to be a typical CO Chapter event, which is just about zero participation. I only count 4 people attending. One of them lives at the venue and another is the subject of the tech day. It would be great if folks came out, even just to hang out.

Life happens!

I'll be loading up an MJ in the morning. After that, I'll check the time and go from there.

This is turning out to be a typical CO Chapter event, which is just about zero participation. I only count 4 people attending. One of them lives at the venue and another is the subject of the tech day. It would be great if folks came out, even just to hang out.

My $.02:

This association (specifically in CO) is in a kind of rebuilding phase - participation has been down for a while (correct me if I'm wrong).

Rebuilding associations takes time - one year ago(ish) a young professionals group I am in was getting 3 people to their networking happy hours :)anon:). This months had 20+. It takes time to rebuild a club/association, things cycle so it isn't out of the norm.

What we as a association and especially the BOD need to do is be patient and a champion for the core values of the club - we in this thread especially - know these are great events and there are many pluses to participation. We just need to get that word out; word of mouth and ESPECIALLY on social media. Mike Lopez, eflores, and a dude named Mo are doing a great job and I need to help more.

XJColorado has a HUGE member base - no reason we can't bolster our membership/participation we just need to build it.

I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, being annoying, or being "that guy" that is oblivious, I just have seen this in at least two of the associations I am currently an active member/BOD on.

:cheers:

Back