• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech day in January!

Dana%2030%201_zpsxibwgd3t.jpg
What freakishly-small hands he has! :D

BWA-HAA-HAA! Just had to give DJ some crap. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We got the D44 Rear all stripped down. They cut off all that had to be cut off the front axle and boxed in the spring perches and got most of the truss welded up.

How much ya got left? Would've liked to join, but 2hr drive plus 17 mo old and grinding/welding...Haven't found a toddler safety glass and face shield yet...

What Tom said; we still have to add the LCA mounts, track bar mount, inner c gussets, and UCA mount to the front axle, add the spring perches, shock mounts and truss to the rear axle.

Some stick time from the President.

20170129104641-043ab431-xl.jpg

20170129104648-4ef9d26b-xl.jpg

Welding in the coil bucket reinforcement after all of the track bar pieces have been cut away.

20170129104654-3eaf85f2-xl.jpg

20170129104659-fde3ed3c-xl.jpg

Tacking in truss peices.

20170129104704-37972b2e-xl.jpg

Laying bead on the tube.

20170129104710-fe82657b-xl.jpg

This is where we left it for the day. As noted previously, still need to weld on the top piece after some copper primer for the inside of the truss. LCA mounts, track bar mount, UCA mount, and driver side truss section. The 44 still needs the rear truss trimmed to butt up to the ubolt eliminators and everything welded on. The majority of the time was spent surgically removing the pieces around the coil buckets. It may be more prudent for anyone looking into this truss and WJ steering to simply replace the coil buckets as well.

20170129104719-6b0a24e7-xl.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, for having that many chefs in the kitchen you guys got a lot done! Nice work!

Been hip-deep in a kitchen remodel otherwise I'd have been there.......

It reminded me of the first days of NAXJA. We were always ganging up on mods in somebody's garage.

Wow, for having that many chefs in the kitchen you guys got a lot done! Nice work!

Been hip-deep in a kitchen remodel otherwise I'd have been there.......

Thank you Troy - would have loved to have had you there! :thumbup:

It reminded me of the first days of NAXJA. We were always ganging up on mods in somebody's garage.

Yes it was good stuff for sure. :thumbup:

Good stuff... I was building a shower pan and reminding myself that a F250 D44 is significantly heavier than a D30, or even a rubi D44. My back hurts.

Or how long it takes to get out of the spark shower. :O

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back