• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 14th Annual Jeep Jamboree

I keep looking this up and it keeps telling me 3 hour drive.I wish i could make this sounds like fun.But 6 hours of driving on the roads(round trip in a day) to play for a couple of hours is to much for me.

You whining bro? :D

It's about 2 hours for me to 4-corners/Corral Canyon staging area. A little over 2.5 hours to Johnson Valley.

I wouldn't advise a 3 hour drive for a day trip. Come out for the weekend. People will be out there Friday afternoon until Sunday sometime.

Adventure passes are for natl forest, not parks.
As far as I know, at CC, you still need one to park your vehicle, as long as you are driving it you don't.

True, tru. But the campground rules specifically state that you have to have one... and if you're going to park somewhere at CC & ride with someone, you have to have one for the parked rig.

you do realize the "fine" is just the fee for a day use. so $5. and paying that is not enforced. I never paid them because of speculation that it funded an anti multi use agenda.

Yeah, I saw that on further investigation...

He Broke on San Marcos blvd.

I'm still a little broke from last time. New driveshaft will be here Wednesday. Need to fix death wobble. New upper control bushing in the axle. Weld on steering stabilizer bracket.

Hopefully I can make it! LOL

My Jeep's not broke from the last Connector run, but I am sure am. Fricking health issues (lost 30 lbs in the last 4wks, and this is coming from a guy that was skinny to begin with!). I was hoping to make this too.

Art, you didn't have 30 lbs to lose, dude... are you going to be okay? Do they know what's going on with you????

Art, you didn't have 30 lbs to lose, dude... are you going to be okay? Do they know what's going on with you????

I'll be fine, thanks for asking. Was diagnosed with a colon disease 11yrs ago and pretty much had it under control since then until now. Started a new heavy duty drug last week that seems to be working. All I can say is thank god (and chemists) for drugs!

I'll be fine, thanks for asking. Was diagnosed with a colon disease 11yrs ago and pretty much had it under control since then until now. Started a new heavy duty drug last week that seems to be working. All I can say is thank god (and chemists) for drugs!

Man that's shitty. Hope all works out.

Yes, I had to do that.

My Jeep's not broke from the last Connector run, but I am sure am. Fricking health issues (lost 30 lbs in the last 4wks, and this is coming from a guy that was skinny to begin with!). I was hoping to make this too.

Actually, you're the ONLY one with a rig that didn't break from the last connector run. Josh's rear anti-wrap bar got ripped off the axle. You know what happened to Dan and I.

Mine's ALMOST there. Last night I still had death wobble, was missing an axle bracket, my passenger side knuckle was loose, I didn't have a rear driveshaft, front upper control arm bushing had walked out of the axle. I got it mostly taken care of. Just need to refresh the duct tape, clean up the axle bracket and paint it, and double check all the bolts again.

That sucks! Take care of yourself.

Actually, you're the ONLY one with a rig that didn't break from the last connector run. Josh's rear anti-wrap bar got ripped off the axle. You know what happened to Dan and I.

Mine's ALMOST there. Last night I still had death wobble, was missing an axle bracket, my passenger side knuckle was loose, I didn't have a rear driveshaft, front upper control arm bushing had walked out of the axle. I got it mostly taken care of. Just need to refresh the duct tape, clean up the axle bracket and paint it, and double check all the bolts again.

That sucks! Take care of yourself.

When did Josh notice his anti-wrap bar was ripped off? I don't remember him saying anything about it or even him working on his rig that day.

When did Josh notice his anti-wrap bar was ripped off? I don't remember him saying anything about it or even him working on his rig that day.

He posted pictures to the list.

mike: get the artec brace, it will fix the bushing problem. pirate4x4 code.

Mark

Glad to hear the new stuff's working, Art--I have friends with diverticulitis, and others with colitis, and all those intestinal issues just don't sound like any fun.

Mike, I'm glad you made good progress last night! Hopefully you'll make it down tonight now. As promised, I have a tent for you to use--I think I'm bringing 4 at this point--one each for me, for you, & for Alden, and an extra just in case one of the 3 is less functional than I thought.

Damn--can I leave work yet? I've been here for 1/2 hour and I am sooooo ready to leave!! LOL.

See you all tonight! Or tomorrow, for those not making it tonight... I'll probably miss those coming out Sunday (like CharlesS & his friend), as Alden & I have to leave by 8am...

He didn't notice until he got home. He posted a picture on SoCalXJ.com discussion board:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/socalxj/message/165320

tractionbar01_001.jpg

Back