• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 14th Annual Jeep Jamboree

i just broke my driveshaft on the street so i think im screwed. i would not suggest anything smaller than 35's and a death wish for bronco connector or you will be on your own when you break.

The insane (Rick Rethoret/JumpThis) are running Bronco--it's tore up as all (I can't) get out (without a winch and/or some major breakage). I hear it's really not advised unless you're very buggied or very built, or very insane.

I'd expect quite a few to run
Sidewinder, and/or Gunslinger & its offshoots, and the new 911 trail or whatever it is out there.

For any stockers that show up, we'll run the perimeter road, which I've heard is cool but haven't done, and probably run up to the fire tower (for those who can climb 5,000 stairs to get an awesome view).

What she said. I asked Rick to lead the hard trail through bronco peak/connector. Moderate we can start out with sidewinder. I can lead or whoever. Have lunch. Then maybe hit gunslinger to bronco flats.

If anyone wants an easy/stocker run there is the outer loop is good and the water tower. Watching the hardcore guys run up bronco connector is fun too.

I don't know where the new trail is. Was trying to prerun it last month but between bronco connector being washed out and breakage lead to on all day winch fest. Didnt get to bed until 3am the next day after starting bronco at 9am.

Hah, that's why I went with that truss. :)

I'll be there with camera to spot Kevin.

Boooooooooooo =(

Come down in your Honda, and you & my (13yo, to you!) daughter can fight over who drives my Jeep!

Boooooooooooo =(

Come down in your Honda, and you & my (13yo, to you!) daughter can fight over who drives my Jeep!

haha.
actually, I'll be backpacking in UTAH, or I would be there. couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I keep looking this up and it keeps telling me 3 hour drive.I wish i could make this sounds like fun.But 6 hours of driving on the roads(round trip in a day) to play for a couple of hours is to much for me.

I will be getting there around 10:30 on Sat, will that be too late to catch the organized run?

I think we were going to meet up and organize around 9, but I dunno for sure. Can't you wake up just a little bit earlier? LOL. Cell service out there's intermittent, too. Do you have a Ham or a CB? I don't remember...

Re: (you need an Adventure Pass) SoCalXJ.com 14th Annual Jeep Jamboree

You'll need one if you're camping or parking anywhere out at Corral Canyon OHV park.

A one-day pass is $5, annual pass (good til March 2014) is $30 & then you can buy a "second vehicle" pass for $5 more (so 2 for $35). They're good for all the local National Forests, I believe -- Cleveland, San Bernardino (so Big Bear), Angeles, and that other one...

You can pick them up at any Big 5 Sporting Goods, Sports AuthoriTAY, and other random spots, as well as the USFS office in Rancho Bernardo. I wouldn't go with buying one online at this late date, and the sites that do sell online all charge shipping...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5181410&width=full should take you to "Where to buy"

Rumor has it it's a $100 ticket without one, but I don't have any idea how stringently they enforce it. Probably not worth taking the risk, especially since the Adventure Pass funds improvements to the National Forests...

Re: (you need an Adventure Pass) SoCalXJ.com 14th Annual Jeep Jamboree

And when you volunteer 100 hours to the AAT program you will earn an Adventure Pass.

You'll need one if you're camping or parking anywhere out at Corral Canyon OHV park.

A one-day pass is $5, annual pass (good til March 2014) is $30 & then you can buy a "second vehicle" pass for $5 more (so 2 for $35). They're good for all the local National Forests, I believe -- Cleveland, San Bernardino (so Big Bear), Angeles, and that other one...

You can pick them up at any Big 5 Sporting Goods, Sports AuthoriTAY, and other random spots, as well as the USFS office in Rancho Bernardo. I wouldn't go with buying one online at this late date, and the sites that do sell online all charge shipping...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5181410&width=full should take you to "Where to buy"

Rumor has it it's a $100 ticket without one, but I don't have any idea how stringently they enforce it. Probably not worth taking the risk, especially since the Adventure Pass funds improvements to the National Forests...

Wasnt the status of the adventure pass in question some time back?

The argument being that since access to the national parks is supposed to be free to all, and paid for through taxes, the additional fee of an adventure pass went against that concept.

Any word?

I will be getting there around 10:30 on Sat, will that be too late to catch the organized run?

SoCalXJ is pretty lax and officially unofficial. Although that's a little on the late side. But I think you could catch up to us pretty easily. I'd like to gather at 4-corners around 9, 9:30 latest. Quick driver's meeting. Make sure everyone is aired down, has tow points, and is scheduled to be on the right run for them. Then have everyone on the trail no later then 10.

Adventure passes are for natl forest, not parks.
As far as I know, at CC, you still need one to park your vehicle, as long as you are driving it you don't.

Back