• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 15th Annual Jeep Jamboree

Kevin is probably going to want to do that since he won't fix his junk. That's what he did last year, "we must turn back I just scraped the diff..."

Sidewinder could be done in a fairly stock jeep. We were out there a couple months back, wasn't bad. I haven't been on 1911.

Yes, connector has become quite the challenge, can be don on 35's with lockers though.

I agree. It can be done, and I've seen it been done. Stock XJ or TJ can make it through there. But for multiple reasons I was thinking about a stock or near stock run for those who don't want to screw up their stock-ish Jeep, have shoulder problems (cough Carol), or don't want to hold up the moderate group, which will probably be the biggest group. Sat AM at 8:30-9, I'll ask for a show of hands.

Moderate group should probably do sidewinder->gunslinger->gunslinger off shoots. Easy group we can go up to the lookout, then espinosa loop and perhaps gunslinger to 1911A.

I am planning on joining all of you in my Cherokee, not the buggy, and really looking forward to the fun.

Would someone please verify that you are based out of Corral Canyon Campground, and not a different one, so I show up at the right place Saturday morning. I plan on leaving Friday.

I am planning on joining all of you in my Cherokee, not the buggy, and really looking forward to the fun.

Would someone please verify that you are based out of Corral Canyon Campground, and not a different one, so I show up at the right place Saturday morning. I plan on leaving Friday.

Yes, main corral canyon campground by the bronco peak connector trail. You just head past four corners, and make a left turn roughly 32.7113889, -116.5725 (according to the forest service site).

There is limited spots there, and it's first come first serve. We may need to overflow to Bobcat Meadows.

Drove the XJ to work today...everything seems great (not that it shouldn't). I have two friends tagging along, one with an FJ Cruiser and the other a built Samauri. Not XJ I know but I don't have friends with XJ's :(

We plan to be there about 8am Saturday. See you all then!

Friends don't let friends drive XJs??

Eventually I'll meet the safety requirements ....

LOL... Just come out & do the "easy run" with me...

Can someone PM me or post which way sidewinder will be run. In case my group is running late I want to meet up without going the wrong way. We plan to be at the 4 corners to drop off the tow vehicle at 8 but who knows.

Can someone PM me or post which way sidewinder will be run. In case my group is running late I want to meet up without going the wrong way. We plan to be at the 4 corners to drop off the tow vehicle at 8 but who knows.

Entering from the side closest to 4 corners. Exiting at bobcat campground

So I managed to flop my junk the night before this. This is starting to look like a jinxed event for me.

how did you manage to do that? and why didn't you come anyways? not like anyone would notice the damage lol

Great weekend, perfect weather and great group. Thanks to everyone who ran connector saturday, that was a blast.

Any body have pics of the toyota running the connector? Thanks for letting me and my body tagging along. Nice meeting some of you.

Last edited:
Back