• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 15th Annual Jeep Jamboree

Link for info/camping no worky. Not sure if I will be able to make it. If I can maybe I'll drive my POS Saturn down and ride with someone.

Jeremy, you're probably not a member of the SoCalXJ Yahoo group, at which point the links won't work.

According to Cleveland National Forest rules, you need an Adventure Pass if you are going to PARK or camp. Not if you're coming down to run trails. And I have no idea what, if any, enforcement is going on. In the past, it's been minimal, and was basically a $5-10 fix-it ticket for not having a Pass, but I have no idea if that's still the case.

Info about Corral Canyon can be found here: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cleveland/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5277155

Map of area: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5277278&width=full

Campground info: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cleveland/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=47428&actid=29

Camping is free, first-come-first-serve. Pit toilets in concrete block buildings. Decent amount of shade trees.

you didn't include my verbal vote :(

Even if there was a way to tabulate a verbal vote, which there isn't, I wouldn't. Not because it's Vanimal and I didn't want your vote to count, but because the socalxj.com yahoo group members get the right to vote. That's the rules, and non-members can suck it!

Haha, no, seriously, I'm just lazy, and the poll feature makes it easy to see who voted.

I REALLY wish I could make this. The worst of it is that I will be in Death Valley that weekend. Close close, yet so far...

David Bricker / SYR

Green sticker vehicles? Is anyone running their buggy?

Cool. Thanks.

What's the interest in an easy/moderate run? Newbies, people taking it easy, stock or near stock, and I'd say open/open 31's–32's. Anyone with at least one locker or 32's on up should hit the moderate run.

Lately there hasn't been enough interest in this to warrant another run. It's usually 1 or 2 people at the most, and they end up riding with someone. I can lead a run like this, if someone else wants to lead the moderate run. Or I can give the easy-easy/moderate map to someone who wants to lead it.

Is there already a plan for runs? I'm 35s 2 lockers. Hoping to do Sidewinder either direction and go from there

We usually play it by ear Saturday morning. It really depends on who shows up, and how many from each group. Some years we have to split the moderate group into two groups because there's just too many people. Traffic jam issue. Other years there's very few people, and there's really only one run.

My guess is the moderate run will look like this:

Camp -> Sidewinder -> Bronco FLATS -> Gunslinger -> Gunslinger offshoots (1911A, etc) -> Camp and/or lookout tower.
People can bail out back to camp or the lookout after sidewinder, or after gunslinger.

Anyone who wants to do harder then above, they should know what they are doing. They can just start heading up Bronco Connector right by camp. If they get through that unscathed, there's always play on the Gunslinger offshoots/end with sidewinder.

Last edited:
I didn't think people with only 31's open/open had any trails.

I'm not making it this year but I am definitely planning on next year.

What's the interest in an easy/moderate run? Newbies, people taking it easy, stock or near stock, and I'd say open/open 31's–32's. Anyone with at least one locker or 32's on up should hit the moderate run.

Lately there hasn't been enough interest in this to warrant another run. It's usually 1 or 2 people at the most, and they end up riding with someone. I can lead a run like this, if someone else wants to lead the moderate run. Or I can give the easy-easy/moderate map to someone who wants to lead it.

Kevin is probably going to want to do that since he won't fix his junk. That's what he did last year, "we must turn back I just scraped the diff..."

Sidewinder could be done in a fairly stock jeep. We were out there a couple months back, wasn't bad. I haven't been on 1911.

Yes, connector has become quite the challenge, can be don on 35's with lockers though.

Back