• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 14th Annual Jeep Jamboree

There is a camp area w pit toilets at the bottom of bronco peak.. I'm assuming that's where we will all be.

Probably a good idea. Any over flow can go to the one at the east end of sidewinder. Was thinking of doing a small scout run for the "new trail" and the new harder parts of gunslinger.

there is also a camp at the bottom of bronco connector.
There is a large field near the entrance off of buckman springs rd, which i believe is the primitive camping, but could be wrong. we could have a big camp there possibly. i dont see the dire need to have a real campsite as we didn't in the desert so it would be no different, aside from having more trees to pee behind,

I've camped around Lake Morena before, lots more space for sure. A little drive to CC, but nothing major.

I'm more for the campsite at bottom of bronco by the connector like you and Kevin said just for closeness to the trails. Then the area by sidewinder maybe. Any space needed after that can be lake morena.

Regardless of where you camp, it's all close by, and meet at 4-corners in the morning for line-up.

Vanimal!!! Lets make sure there isn't any Bicycle events that weekend. I know your kinda tied into that as well as jeepin.

I'll see if I can swing by for that

Only a month to go... Bronco's apparently really torn up. That'll be the "my rig is built to the hilt and I still expect to destroy it" run, I think.

Me, I'll go for something milder =).

The insane (Rick Rethoret/JumpThis) are running Bronco--it's tore up as all (I can't) get out (without a winch and/or some major breakage). I hear it's really not advised unless you're very buggied or very built, or very insane.

I'd expect quite a few to run
Sidewinder, and/or Gunslinger & its offshoots, and the new 911 trail or whatever it is out there.

For any stockers that show up, we'll run the perimeter road, which I've heard is cool but haven't done, and probably run up to the fire tower (for those who can climb 5,000 stairs to get an awesome view).

Back