• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One reason the TNT Longarm kit sucks:

Lol, i wouldn't really say my arms are stubby, but they're not too terriably long. They say that from finger tip to finger tip is about the same as how tall you are, so I guess my wingspan is like 72" or so...lol :laugh3:

FarmerMatt said:
Everybody is missing the true conclusion to this thread... If you have an auto tranny than you'll never have to worry about this! Sticks are gay.

Damn, I'm gettin' meself a beer and puttin' some popcorn in the uwave.

:D

One of the things that I like about the Full Traction stuff vs. other high-clearance long arms/radius arms, and this is strictly for go-fast/desert race applications where clearance is not a MAIN concern, is when the suspension is at full droop, there is a smaller control arm angle, at least on the lowers. This will reduce the shock load upon components, such as when landing from a jump or burning through whoops etc. I may be on glue on this as the differences are small, but thought I would throw it out there and see what others think about this.
chris

Skullvarian said:
One of the things that I like about the Full Traction stuff vs. other high-clearance long arms/radius arms, and this is strictly for go-fast/desert race applications where clearance is not a MAIN concern, is when the suspension is at full droop, there is a smaller control arm angle, at least on the lowers. This will reduce the shock load upon components, such as when landing from a jump or burning through whoops etc. I may be on glue on this as the differences are small, but thought I would throw it out there and see what others think about this.
chris

You are very correct. I work with Steve at Full Traction quite often and test a few products for him, and we have had quite a few conversations comparing the long arm kits out there. Our opinions are that 4 link suspensions are superior to y-radius arms in that the angles are far better under compression and extension as well as there are some unloading issues with radius arm kits. However, you have to realize that kits are designed for a purpose and you should strive to lift your vehicle for what your purpose is. TNT kits are geared more for rocks and slow moving conditions and Full Traction kits are geared high speed stuff like desert racing such as Jeep Speed. Yes, both kits lift vehicles and give you better control angles, but other than that, they are designed for different purposes. A lot of people don't realize that and try to compare. Its like comparing a Honda to a Jeep. Yeah, they're both designed to get you from point A to point B, but how is left up to the vehicle.

53guy said:
You are very correct. I work with Steve at Full Traction quite often and test a few products for him, and we have had quite a few conversations comparing the long arm kits out there. Our opinions are that 4 link suspensions are superior to y-radius arms in that the angles are far better under compression and extension as well as there are some unloading issues with radius arm kits. However, you have to realize that kits are designed for a purpose and you should strive to lift your vehicle for what your purpose is. TNT kits are geared more for rocks and slow moving conditions and Full Traction kits are geared high speed stuff like desert racing such as Jeep Speed. Yes, both kits lift vehicles and give you better control angles, but other than that, they are designed for different purposes. A lot of people don't realize that and try to compare. Its like comparing a Honda to a Jeep. Yeah, they're both designed to get you from point A to point B, but how is left up to the vehicle.
He was a real nice guy and helped out tremendously with my parts, the only drawback I can see with the FT stuff is the lowers/uppers are not quite parallel, so there is some inherent binding between them, if only I could raise the upper arm mounts on the frame side, but then they would be inside the cab, still thinking about possible solutions and if it will even be an issue.

Skullvarian said:
if it will even be an issue.

nope, it wont be... =)

standard

standard

standard

standard

whaaaa!!!! oh cry....I have to pull the freaking motor forward on my buggy to get the damn Atlas out....I sorta agree though, when you're buying bolt on stuff it's nice to have some maintenance thought/design in there too.

FarmerMatt said:
Everybody is missing the true conclusion to this thread... If you have an auto tranny than you'll never have to worry about this! Sticks are gay.

Its about time someone made some real sense..........lol

I'm not even going to read all the post and don't have to. There has to be at least 10 people that already pointed out this thread is worthless.

Lincoln said:
I'm not even going to read all the post and don't have to. There has to be at least 10 people that already pointed out this thread is worthless.

And even a few that pointed out that a couple of valid points have been made. :flame: :helpme: hahaha

edit - thought I'd throw up a pic of MY rig, just for $h!ts and giggles.

6AJUMR29.jpg

Last edited:
Avanteone said:
And even a few that pointed out that a couple of valid points have been made. :flame: :helpme: hahaha

edit - thought I'd throw up a pic of MY rig, just for $h!ts and giggles.

6AJUMR29.jpg
is that a JCROffroad front bumper?

That would be PhatXJ's old AJ's Offroad bumper. ;)

And sticks are ghey. ;)

I bet if Avanteone had TNT's kit he would have made it up that. I was there, I know.

Skullvarian said:
if only I could raise the upper arm mounts on the frame side, but then they would be inside the cab, still thinking about possible solutions and if it will even be an issue.
URF disappearing three link.

FarmerMatt said:
And auto's are for wussies that cannot drive a stick. :twak: :conceited TY for the post. This is why I plan on doing my own thing. :flame: AWAY!

Back