• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aug 9-11 Carolina Beach Trip

Will it be okay to bring my 12 year old along? Also I guess i would sleep in the XJ or the XK if I get to come. No money for a hotel room.

Yup. We got a house squared away in Holden Beach. Wish I could camp out there with you guys but I don't think the baby would be too happy camping on the beach.

Will it be okay to bring my 12 year old along? Also I guess i would sleep in the XJ or the XK if I get to come. No money for a hotel room.

Kids are welcome, it is certainly a family friendly event. Be forewarned though that adult beverages are usually consumed early and often by a good portion of the people on the beach. Not to scare anyone off, but if drunk rednecks are not a sight wanted then this is not the beach to visit. It's luck of the draw as to the neighbors we get. Some are families, some are drunks, some are plain annoying (team techno), but most everyone is friendly and respectful.

I have an extra tent you are welcome to use. It is not very big, really only spaced for 1-2 people (2 being very cuddly). In January I was too lazy to set up a tent and made myself a burrito with a sleeping bag, extra blanket and tarp. It worked well for a clear night, although the inebriation probably helped with that as well.

I have an extra tent you are welcome to use. It is not very big, really only spaced for 1-2 people (2 being very cuddly). In January I was too lazy to set up a tent and made myself a burrito with a sleeping bag, extra blanket and tarp. It worked well for a clear night, although the inebriation probably helped with that as well.

Along the same lines, I have a four-person tent I can bring if needed. I was planning to just sleep on the beach or in the XJ, but if someone else needs the tent it won't take up much room in the back.

Holden is only an hour or so away from Carolina. I just did a job in Holden a couple months ago.

Thanks guys. I have a tent no worries there. If I come alone I will sleep in the Jeep. If my son comes with me I will pitch a tent. I will be driving down Sat and coming home Sun.

My trail rig should be able to make it and it would be cool to take her out in the sand. I really don't want all that sand in my new Commander or my restored 90XJ. I will have to see if I can get enough money together for food and gas.

I have a LONG couple days ahead of me. I still have to pack and get a lift put on a Jeep between now and then.

The Jeep might not make it but I'm coming either way. I might have to roll out there in a Silverado.

I'm not going to make it. I have to coach football Saturday morning. The league tells us when we can practice now due to field space/usage. I use to be able to set my own practice schedule. This is my last year coaching so I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR! LOL!

at least it's not a Mustang.....

:shhh:

lol, I have a feeling this has something to do with past years.

It's official. The Jeep isn't going to make it. I just don't have time to work, soccer practice, add lift and pack between now and then.

Oh well. I probably shouldn't trust it on a 5 hour drive with my family 3 days after I bought it anyway. I still need to check it over good.

The Cheby is going for a ride on the beach.

Right now there's a 40% chance of storms both days. Hopefully it's just summertime afternoon/evening storms, but let's think of some back up ideas should it be a washout.

I know there's people coming from a good distance (KP especially), so I'd hate for the weather to turn and they drive all that way for nothing. Fortunately Wilmington is a college town, so there's a fair amount of stuff to do.

If it storms I'll just drive to where ever you guys are and visit for a while before heading home.

It's be nice if it was a little overcast but dry...

Alright guys getting within a few days. I'd like to get a final head count. If you could respond if you are coming that would be great, and if you don't have my or Tim's phone number please PM me. This is one of the few places we go where phones are actually effective communication. Also give a vote as to surf or inlet, however I might make an executive decision when I get there Friday as to the distribution of sand on the beach.

1. Cnickgo
2. UNCC_99XJ
3. Lowrange2
4. 1998BlurpleXJ
5. KTHEMP
6. Ghost
7. Shorty
8. Redheep
9. XJSportG
10. CBCherokee
11. Sam24th

Reminder of things to bring:
Some good things to bring:
-A 4wd vehicle. If not usually someone is willing to pick you up at public parking, just give plenty of heads-up so we can plan ahead. I do not suggest coming on the beach in 2wd. Yes I have done it but no I do not suggest it.
-A good cooler or two and plenty of ice.
-Sunscreen. Plus an extra bottle for Tim the lobster.
-Easy up canopy.
-Tent and sleeping apparatus of your choosing.
-Beach games i.e. bocce ball, cornhole, whatever your preferred do nothing game is.
-Water. Lots of it.
-Firewood. People always like big fires and it attracts good looking neighbors (ok sometimes not so good looking).
-Single women.
The more people that come the more fun stuff we can plan/bring/do.

I would like to stress easy-up canopys and firewood. Shade is important and fire is fun. ***Does anyone have a fire bowl or something we can use as such? Old grill, washing machine tub, rockwell rim? Get creative?

Last edited:
I'm in, but won't be there til late Friday since I have a battalion function to attend.... :gonnablow

Back