• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aug 9-11 Carolina Beach Trip

Re: Tenative Carolina Beach Trip

Yea, you might actually get some cage work / traction bar.

And of course I don't have a trailer now.... ugh! I'm working on a traction bar now. :clap:

If this is still happening, color me interested.

2-4th could still work for me. The weekend after might work a little better.

KP mentioned he was interested in coming, and that Dirk may ride along as well. Guess we need to set a date so they can plan to come (if they can come).

9-11th could work better for us as well.

Really only because it's another week out and gives me more time to get my ducks in a row. I wish they had power and water hookup camp sites out there. That'd be awesome. I'd drag the pop-up out there.

It's camping on the beach. Literally. You can't have everything!

Whatever you guys decide, I'll be down for the saturday/saturday night to hang out. It's about 90 minutes for me to CB. I might bring the jeep, I might ride the scoot. Maybe bring the boys.

I have a wet down for a GySgt on the 2nd and I'm pretty sure my wife won't let me stay all weekend if single women are a recommended item ;)

I'd really like to do this. I don't know if its feasible atm.

I just googled this, I don't know anything about it. Worth a phone call if you want to camp close.

http://www.carolinabeachfamilycampground.com/

Edit: The reviews aren't great.

Hey hey! That might be my ticket right there! I didn't even think to search for a campground!

Edit:

No electricity!? Who pays for a campsite with no electricity?!

Last edited:

I want to make this trip but with Moab on the horizon, it's not gonna happen this year.....but next year I'm gonna plan on it.

I just googled this, I don't know anything about it. Worth a phone call if you want to camp close.

http://www.carolinabeachfamilycampground.com/

Edit: The reviews aren't great.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, Nick and I scoped it out a couple years ago as a possible.solution so others could come...and we weren't impressed.

Where do you guys camp at? Do you just drive down the beach till you find a spot you like or have you two got GPS location you go to every year?

If this is the one I'm thinking of, Nick and I scoped it out a couple years ago as a possible.solution so others could come...and we weren't impressed.

Probably. I'm certainly not impressed with the lack of power. I don't care what kind of campground it is as long as it has running water and electricity. Afterall, I only plan to sleep there.

By the time I drag the Pup all the way up there, bring a generator along to run some power then I could have just paid for a hotel. That's just how it's going to have to be if I can get everything in order in time. We'll have to play it by ear after the court hearing crap.

Where do you guys camp at? Do you just drive down the beach till you find a spot you like or have you two got GPS location you go to every year?

Drive down until we find a spot we like. It is usually within 50 yds or so, We try to set up within a decent proximity of the porta-jons without being too close. When I was there in January though I camped on the inlet side to park the jetski, and found things I liked and didn't like.

Inlet side:
+Less wind and waves. Can park the jetski. Less people driving past. Farther to drive in. Watch boats come in and out of the inlet and down the waterway.
-Farther to drive in. Porta-jons were not within walking distance. Completely cut off at high tide (may be fixed) Not a true surf.

Surf side:
+Can set up closer to porta-jons, more space not as crowded, surf
-Wind can get frustrating. Very frustrating. People driving by constantly. Cannot park the jetski.

If you were to do a separate campsite I would suggest the State Park, but they don't even have electric sites.

Whatever you guys decide, I'll be down for the saturday/saturday night to hang out. It's about 90 minutes for me to CB. I might bring the jeep, I might ride the scoot. Maybe bring the boys.

I have a wet down for a GySgt on the 2nd and I'm pretty sure my wife won't let me stay all weekend if single women are a recommended item ;)

Tell her the single women are for me. I'll be glad to take care of the whole lot!

I don't mind shifting to the 9-11th, it's more time for me to save some dough for the trip (graduated and looking for employment). Lets just not push it back far enough that it gets to be an issue with school age families starting the new semester.

Tell her the single women are for me. I'll be glad to take care of the whole lot!

I don't mind shifting to the 9-11th, it's more time for me to save some dough for the trip (graduated and looking for employment). Lets just not push it back far enough that it gets to be an issue with school age families starting the new semester.

Ahem....I'm single too!

If only it wasn't 13 hours away...

Start driving :)

Back