• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my "wannabe jeepspeed" grand cherokee build

Not if it had a 242.

My buddy had a non-disco HP30 in his 1987 Wagoneer with a D44 out back. :cheers:

LOL, but he didn't say it had a 242 in it. Better :callme: the guy to find out and report back. :D

BTW, I just noticed it came out of an 87 YJ, did any of those have a 242 or were all 231? :dunce: I know they don't have coil buckets or LCA/UCA mounts. :laugh3:

LOL, but he didn't say it had a 242 in it. Better :callme: the guy to find out and report back. :D

BTW, I just noticed it came out of an 87 YJ, did any of those have a 242 or were all 231? :dunce: I know they don't have coil buckets or LCA/UCA mounts. :laugh3:

haha YJ. Didn't even notice/think about that. hahaha

All the YJs are disco. All except the last year had 260 U-joints.

im good probably monday. i just forgot about my axle being broken haha hope the weld doesnt break.. can u stealth bombb through the desert? hahaha cuz they patrol it but cant catch me. well shoot some video too. ill let u know tomorrow.

This sounds dangerous and illegal. I like it.

Oh I can stealth bomb through anything :) gonna try to change my water pump in the am.

BLM was out hard this weekend.. if you are off the trails they dont like it..hahaha.. i got stopped twice, i blew my rear shocks while going about 40 on the whoops :D... oh well they were only cheap pro comps anyways... now to start on my bed cage.. so when you guys coming?

It can be OTK, it's just a matter of how you want to set it up. If you wanted to make it OTK, and run it like an inverted T setup, all you'd have to do is weld some tabs (reinforced of course) to the tie rod and connect the drag link to it. I know there's some pictures floating around in this section somewhere...

Back