• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my "wannabe jeepspeed" grand cherokee build

Looks good. Are you gonna use a shift boot to cover the hole where the shock goes thru or are you over it and just gonna let it ride?

i was thinkin about puttin a shifter boot to cover it. gunna have it out all weekend at tds so well see how much dust gets in. dont really gop muddin either it rains like 3 times a year here haha

and anyone with a broken motormount bracket...i pray you never have to change it. had to remove the track bar mount, airbox and steering column just to get all the bolts off. and goodluck if your doing it alone. took me just over 3 and a half hours jus to put on the bracket and 1 motormount. tomorrow looks promising for the other. haha

i was thinkin about puttin a shifter boot to cover it. gunna have it out all weekend at tds so well see how much dust gets in. dont really gop muddin either it rains like 3 times a year here haha

and anyone with a broken motormount bracket...i pray you never have to change it. had to remove the track bar mount, airbox and steering column just to get all the bolts off. and goodluck if your doing it alone. took me just over 3 and a half hours jus to put on the bracket and 1 motormount. tomorrow looks promising for the other. haha

You should seriously take a look at the mounts from T&J's that reinforce the block side of things too.

yeah its in my original post that im gunna get the t&j upper mounts. they make them for the zj xj and wj. talked to them about it at the offroad expo they just didnt list them on there site. also they have the sliders and frame stiffeneners for the grand. doesnt matter about the engine size for the zj there all the same frame setup for mounting points.

also just got back from the TDS jeeprunn! man what a time!!!! had to show people what a grand could do in the notches at night!!! and also today was a mudfest fun doing endless donuts and playing in the notches and trails.. anyone see me??

well heres an update. got some poser shots today on an old train loading ramp. i could have gone up about 6-12 more inches before the front and rear were fully drooped out but my back tire kept hitting the bottom of the ramp. im happy. also noticed the top part of mt passenger rear door is bent out :/ wtf??!?!?

004-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

dig the new plates haha

008-2.jpg

before and afters up on the jack.

023-2.jpg

021-1.jpg