• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 sport - Holes in exhaust resonator...exhaust size?

Woodswanderer

NAXJA Forum User
While working on the rear shocks and front springs, my buddy pointed out that my resonator is rusting through...No big deal, it useless anyhow🤣 my solution? Slap a $25 cherry bomb glass pack straight thru muffler in place of it.

Problem is, i cant seem to find info on what size inlet/outlet i need. Can someone confirm what size the OE exhaust pipe is? Im reading conflicting reports that its 2.25” from cat back as well as 2.5” from cat back.

Has anyone done the resonator this way (or fully deleted it)?

codename 99 problems: Daily driver/tow rig build thread

I assumed you meant muffler, since I don't believe the Cherokee has a resonator. I had a glass-pack on my MJ for a while. It sounded nice, but the drone gets annoying and gives you a headache after a while. I like it better with a decent muffler on there.

I assumed you meant muffler, since I don't believe the Cherokee has a resonator. I had a glass-pack on my MJ for a while. It sounded nice, but the drone gets annoying and gives you a headache after a while. I like it better with a decent muffler on there.

Kind of an unexpected kick in the ass tbh...previous owner replaced the exhaust from the header back 2 years ago 🙄

I have to do a manifold gasket at some point, may just do a full 2.5” header back setup with a stainless steel header, 304 SS universal high flow cat into a cherry bomb and reuse the stock tail pipe or side dump before the axle...

I dont mine the drone, thats what the volume knob on the stereo is for 😉

In that case, I recommend breaking out that tape measure in case the PO didn't go stock.

I did find a part number for cherry bomb that gives a 15* offset with 2.25” in/out. 23” overall length. Kind of like the idea of a longer glasspack vs a stupid short one, more ability to muffle.

Looks like the PO’s mechanic put a walker quietflow on, i’ll have to double check the receipts he gave me

Back