• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replaced ignition coil and on to exhaust

Just a thought on your heims. Look at ruffstuff. I haven't used them, yet, but from trolling A LOT of people highly recommend Dan's stuff compared to everyone else.

Dan's stuff is awesome and his pricing is pretty good too. I prefer to buy most of my fab parts from him, especially after meeting him at Hammer Town. A very stand up guy.

I'll also throw a shout out to TMR Customs. Those Canucks are really stand up too.

Just a thought on your heims. Look at ruffstuff. I haven't used them, yet, but from trolling A LOT of people highly recommend Dan's stuff compared to everyone else.

Yeah, that was my first thought. Ruffstuff has a nice kit that wouldn't require much fabrication on my end but after speaking to a friend that built his own for his CJ I thought I'd give building my own a try.

Pitman arm ?

The joint end of drag link on the pitman is def on its last leg. Will replace with heim from kit and run drag link into a singls shear over the top of tie rod to passenger side knuckle. Won't be an OTK setup but if I find clearance issues I'll look into high steer knuckle or fabbing different location or go the easy route of buying aftermarket alternate mounting options.

Rig is my DD that I wheel occasionally a couple times a month and I'm very careful with not biting off more than I think it can chew. Nothing ive experienced yet makes me think clearance is issue, hence reason for utk tie rod and single shear passenger side.

But, in saying this. What I think you're getting at is that once the joint at the pitman arm is fixed my steering might not whine as much?

Last edited:
Man, I wish that would've been around when I built Doug's steering setup. That's very well priced.

Man, I wish that would've been around when I built Doug's steering setup. That's very well priced.

I wish it had been around when I built my own on the 99... great price.

hey, I still occasionally roam the earth, Jr.

Back