• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my "wannabe jeepspeed" grand cherokee build

ok finally an update. got the new axle in and u joints instead of the cv's. and also got my new clayton 4link long arms that will be ran as a 3link until i make the passenger side upper mount. still need to install the driveshaft and get the trac bar cut down a few inches and is set for new steering that will come at the end of the month. pics.

007-5.jpg

010-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-1.jpg

looks good!!! you think you will have it ready for memorial day? we are heading out to golfo de santa clara over by rocky point ( but not as far) if you want to go. its like the mexican glamis..hahhaa.. but everyone camps out by the beach and there is this big hill everyone races on

huuuge update:

got the knckles reemed and steering put on, the new long arms adjusted and positioned the axle, then it was off to shop#2 for c gussets, the other link so can connect the 4link, and maybe notch the crossmember if the driveshaft rubs. also the shock mounting points will be lowered about an inch. hopefully get to take it out during the week and on the weekend. pics to follow hopefully tonight.

your inspection cover plate is missing from your trans, I wouldn't drive it for very long like that. a rock getting kicked up in there while that flywheel is turning would get thrown right through the side of the transmission.

i ordered the steering. it was like 280bucks. for the rear i thik im going to wait untill i cage it, had a shock mount break(not the new ones) and the coil shot off and the jeep fell to one side through the whoops. scared the bajeezus outta me. then i was imagining if my tire woulda came off it wouldnt have been pretty.

Back