• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers - because i trust you guys

cherokeekid said:
all the lock rites/geniune etc I've dealt with came with extra pins, aussie as well?

Have had Lock Rights missing pins before, but never with any extra ones. Even the replacement kits I've ordered have always had 4 pins and 8 springs...

WOW! this has become quite the debate.

stop it! your confusing me....:rattle:

:D j/k :laugh3: as of a few minutes ago, i placed my order for the Aussie. will let you all know how it ends up. Thanks everyone for there imput.

carry on :conceited

Last edited:
PolishX said:
I Hope noone thinks my locker plan is stupid

D30 open regearing to 4.56
8.25 Detroit and regear .
Ultimately, it doesn't matter what we think. You are the one that will be driving it.

PolishX said:
I Hope noone thinks my locker plan is stupid

D30 open regearing to 4.56
8.25 Detroit and regear .

Detroits rule.

Here are some reasons.

10. Occasional loud banging sound gives you an adrenaline rush that is better than coffee
9. Excellent opportunity to demonstrate your superior mechanical understanding to your
mechanic while explaining to him that, no . . . your rear end is not broken
8. Your significant other won't ask to borrow your Jeep, cuz they are afraid to drive it
after that parking lot incident
7. Lane changes no longer require all that annoying effort of actually having to turn
the steering wheel
6. Beating sports cars off the line on wet pavement
5. Having a 4X4 that actually turns more then two wheels
4. Single lane U-turns
3. Cool, brightly-colored "Warning: May Cause Injury or Death" stickers for your dash
2. No need to plow snow from your driveway . . . ever

And the Number One reason for having mechanical lockers in your Jeep:

1. Opens up a whole new and exciting hobby: Making fun of ARBs!!!

KarlVP said:
And the Number One reason for having mechanical lockers in your Jeep:

1. Opens up a whole new and exciting hobby: Making fun of people who don't know how to properly install ARBs!!!

Fixed for ya. :D

ECKSJAY said:
99.9% of the problems with the things are installation related anyway. :D They get a bum rap by the uninformed. ;)

It would appear then that 99.9% of all ARB installations are preformed wrong then. ;)

Actually I rarely see problems with the ARB themselves. Usually the problem is in the solenoid, or the compressor, or the electrical system for the compressor, or the air line, or the...........

FiFo said:
It would appear then that 99.9% of all ARB installations are preformed wrong then. ;)

Actually I rarely see problems with the ARB themselves. Usually the problem is in the solenoid, or the compressor, or the electrical system for the compressor, or the air line, or the...........

Yeah, or maintenance related.

This is why I don't have ARB's. I'm not a big fan of maintenance. usually, my diff maintenance includes: crack diff cover, wait for chocolate milkshake to drain, refill with lucas 80-90. Reinstall diff cover.

For what its worth, I work in the warranty department of Randy's Ring and Pinion and I've never seen Richmond deny a warranty on a Lock Rite.

Matt98XJ said:
For what its worth, I work in the warranty department of Randy's Ring and Pinion and I've never seen Richmond deny a warranty on a Lock Rite.

Because they rarely break is my assumption......true?

John90XJ said:
Because they rarely break is my assumption......true?

Yeah, I rarely see them come back, and when they do, Richmond warranties them. I see lots of Detroit EZ lockers come in though. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Matt98XJ said:
Yeah, I rarely see them come back, and when they do, Richmond warranties them. I see lots of Detroit EZ lockers come in though. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Cool....that's the kind of real life experience that works.

I could be wrong, let me know. Automatic lockers are not preferred in the front, ESPECIALLY with one as weak as the D30 due to binding issues when wheeling I.E. taking sharp turns up a hill rubbing on a stump or similar causing breakage of axles. With a selectable it could be turned off for tight binds then back on again once a better angle is reached.

mud1059 said:
I could be wrong, let me know. Automatic lockers are not preferred in the front, ESPECIALLY with one as weak as the D30 due to binding issues when wheeling I.E. taking sharp turns up a hill rubbing on a stump or similar causing breakage of axles. With a selectable it could be turned off for tight binds then back on again once a better angle is reached.

Going on 5 years with my Lock Right and I've not found that to be my case...in spite of what others have said about them. ;)

In some cases, yes it will bind up. Easy fix is a Tera 2low kit, about $160. I think it's a GREAT entry level combination and way cheaper for the lockright and 2low than an ARB, OX, etc. and the associated install costs.

John

mud1059 said:

Back