• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hey, I'm Phillip from Barbourville, Kentucky. I have a 95 and my 17 year old soon has an 85. Mine is bone stock four banger. Just creeps around old logging roads and strip mine roads. My son is the reason I started visiting the forums. He blew his 2.8 (245,000 plus miles) and he decided he wanted chevy V8 power and some mild lift (3-5 inches over stock). Just been cruzing to get some ideas and guidance from the experienced crowd. You guys seem to have your ducks in a row around here.

i've been lurking around a while now but never got around to posting here so... i'm john from washington, nj (warren county). i've got a 2000 xj, with RE 4.5", 31s, some skids, a rigid front bumper and some other stuff.

jeepsnowsized.JPG

poserflex.jpg

Hello, Bob and Bobby (6 year old son) here from Ocean Co., NJ.
We have a LOW budget, 1989 XJ with Bronco coils and some S-10 springs in the back, riding on 31s. Other than that she is stock. Its a Father/Son project to get my son involved with Jeeps and to get him in the woods.

Plans are to trim the fenders and save up for 4.5 RE lift to get alittle more tire under her.

hey, i've been on the forums for a little while and figured it was about time to introduce myself. I'm from wilbraham ma and ive been building my xj myself and with help from friends. I put on a 4.5" RE lift and some 31" BFG a/ts for heres the before and after pics the moment. I replaced the smashed fender and grill with ones off a waggy xj. heres the before and after pics.
jeep002_1.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Hey All
My name is Dave and I'm from Staten Island NY I just signed up to the site and got my year membership. I recently purchased a 1995 XJ 4dr with a 4.0L and Dana 30 (front) and Dana 35 (rear) axles with a trac-loc. I just finished up some floor pan rust repair and replaced the factory carpeting with a gray rubber floor covering ( what a pain in the A$$ ) asside from that its stock, hopefully not for long though. Well glad to be here this is a great site. Hope to meet some of you at the upcomming event.

welcome aboard guys!

Hi
Picking up a 87 Cherokee for now as a grocery getter. My son in law has a 89 YJ. I live in North Reading Ma and spend a lot of time up in Maine. I do plan to replace the springs and not sure whether to keep it stock or lift it slightly.

Hello all! :wave1: :new: I'm new to this site. :NAXJA: I'm usually on Pirate.:piratefla
My name is Steve and live near Baltimore, Maryland.
I have a 92' XJ 5.5" RE lift on 33's for now, and a almost stock 66' Ford Bronco. The Cherokee is my daily driver and wheeling rig. Unless gas prices keep going up.... we will all be back on horses!

Hey Im Justin from St. Marys, PA. 97 XJ Sport 4 inch SUPERLIFT - 31" tires (til i can afford 32" or 33" and dont want to cut fenders just yet). Been on the forums for awhile now. Building my XJ up little at a time. Fairly New to wheeling and just found this thread yesterday.

Hello Im Karl from Lancaster Pennsylvania I have a 1998 sport with 3 inches on 31 a/t as my daily driver. Im currently building up a 1992 for a trail rig and I also have a fiberglass 1985 Cj7. Ill try to get pictures at some point.

hello from the jersey shore
I'm Dan from Toms River NJ
95 XJ 3.5 bastard kit ...
RE sway bar disco's
right now 30" Cooper STT's soon to be 31" BFG A/T
SYE and Rusty T-Case skid
Olympic rock bumper

and of corse a leaky rear main seal
DSCF0210.jpg

I guess I'm now the ranking FNG on here.

My name is Rob, I'm from Baltimore. I picked up a new (to me) Blue 2001 XJ with 64k on the clock yesterday for $8900. It's a fully loaded Sport, 4x4, w/ 4.0. It's my 3rd Cherokee but I've been out of the "scene" for about 6 years.

So far the upgrades are a fresh coat of wax and an LL Bean interior fly rod rack (I'm sure that's good for 20hp/40tq!).

Anyone know where I can pick up a used hitch from? I'll post in the WTB section as well for that, but figured since you're reading this...

IMG_7297-1.jpg

hello all just wanted to say hey, my name is mark i'm an up and coming wheeling nut i'm a member of the ADIRONDACK JEEPS CLUB IN UPSTATE NY AND i have a 96 XJ 4" lift with 31's and a 91YJ called project nightmare that is a S.O.A. with an 8.8 l/s with rerar disc,on ss mt's, front and rear teraflex revolver shackles S.S.SYE KIT from tom woods, soon to be added o.b.air frt locker, winch, and a sams offroad spring antiwrap bar. and more to follow i'm sure.

Last edited:
hey, im josh im from Ludlow ma, ive been stationed im georgia for 2 years, now im headed to North Carolina. Just picked up a 98' XJ from a college kid who im now finding out did some wheeling and not enough maintenance.
Ive got a 3.5 RE superflex sitting at my parents house in ma. as well as a set of 32/11.50s waiting for me to make the 1000 mile drive this friday. This forum is definitely a life saver and im looking forward to wheeling with some of you northeast guys.
P7170008.jpg

I'm Emily from lovely Cape Cod. So far I've got a black '90 laredo. Right now it's basically stock. Not too sure if I want to put much money into that one. I've also got a black '96 classic with a 2 inch lift, 31s, brush bar, and a few fog lights. If anyone knows of any good places to go muddin on cape cod, let me know.

I have a '99 XJ Classic. Stock for now...but not for long. I live and wheel in Northern NH. RE lift coming soon along with some BFG Muds.
Here she is!
S4020857.jpg

k_kuch said:
I have a '99 XJ Classic. Stock for now...but not for long. I live and wheel in Northern NH. RE lift coming soon along with some BFG Muds.
Nice clean looking XJ there! Always good to see more XJ's in NH!

Back