• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hi all from Central Massachusetts, Currently have a 99 xj chili pepper red stock. Thinking about at least 3.5 in with 31's. This is the second jeep, first one was a 93 yj, then the family came....

Hi, just getting myself reacquainted with this site. I joined when I bought my 01 XJ Limited in 2005. I live next town over from Phillipsburg, NJ on the Delaware River. My XJ is all stock so far. I just installed 4 Old Man Emu shocks and the matching steering stabilizer. I did a 4 wheel brake job and replaced my outer rear axle seals myself. Never did that before. I attended a 4x4 show at OK4WD in Stewartsville, NJ on Sunday Oct 7. My XJ won 3rd place in the mid-size stock SUV class. Check out the link:
www.ok4wd.com

I installed a set of PIAA driving lights last winter and upgraded my headlights to IPF with the replaceable bulbs and I upgraded the bulbs and removed the lamp shields on my factory fog lights. I did a lot of damage when I hit a large doe in march 2006, my insurance paid to put the jeep back together. I am the 2nd owner, I bought it used from a dealer. Its my 1st Jeep.

Dave

Hey guys, my names Logan, I'm 18 and I'm from New York. i bought my '01 XJ right around x-mas time last year w/ about 100k miles on it. its all stock as of now, but tires are going on friday and hopefully lift by next week. still not sure what im doing in the back so any suggestions would be awesome. im looking to get around 2" in the front and 2-2.5" in the rear.

Hey guys. my names justin and im from portland ME
n647192651_384846_469.jpg

Hey, my name is John. I recently got a 2000 black XJ Limited. No mods other than my stereo system yet(waiting to see what this years taxes bring lol).

Future mods:
OME 2" lift
Adj Trac bar
Sway bar Disconnects
Cragar Soft 8's
30x9.50 or 31" tires

This seems to be a very helpful site!!!

John

Hello,

I live near Philly, PA. I bought my XJ back in June and shortly after that I got bit by the 0331 head. Luckily, I got the extended warranty and got a Jasper Rebuilt put in. No real mods yet. I've only been taking care of the mechanicals first. New motor, cold air kit, new 3 core radiator, new water pump, new front brakes and rotor, new rear drums, new radio and speakers, and my favorite mod re-using some hose from the air intake job to keep my AC from draining into the frame. Next up is header and cat-back exhaust and then a 3" lift.

2000_xj_small.jpg

Hi, I'm Ahren and I live right outside of NW Philly. I have a 5 speed 92 XJ which I got last summer to replace the 94 XJ that I drove into a red light-burning old woman. Fortunately, I hit her wheel well, not her, but the 94 overheated all the time, so it now serves as a great source of parts in my driveway without me having to worry about it overheating. I've done a few things to my 92. . . like installed a draw-tite front hitch receiver, stage 2 JCR rock sliders, a stage 2 JCR rear bumper, then went on to firm up the droopiong rear end by beefing up the rear spring packs with one leaf each from the 94, which gives it a slight lift in the back--much better than the sag it had. I finished my work for the winter with the addition of an Aussie locker in the rear D35. I'm only running BFG 235/75/15's so I think I'm good for the time being. I'm thinking about going with a Super30 setup in the front with an OX locker, but that's next year's money.

Overall, I've been really thrilled with the existence of this fine network, and I've learned more about working on my Jeep than I ever thought I would care to before I really got into the work.

I usually wheel in central PA in the Sproul state forest which is the largest tract in PA. There are some logging roads, open-access power line roads, some mud, some rocks, some fun non-roads in an area that seems to have been a strip mine long ago. . . I guess a little bit of everything but not too much of anything. I like it, though, and if there's anyone else out there who wheels that land, drop me a line. I'm up that way about once a month.

Although I own a sweet 04 WRX STi, this is my daily driver (when it's not on jack stands) and aside from the leaking roof, I love it.

This is a great site!

Sorry, no pics. I bought my daughter a digital camera, and myself an Aussie locker.

--wavingpine

Hi All,
I'm Chris. I have a 95 xj I have had since April. I am from Central Mass. Here are some pics of a quick run a bunch of friends and I had last weekend. Let me know what you think and suggestions are always helpfull.

PB180096Medium.jpg

PB180087Medium.jpg

PB180055Medium.jpg

PB180021Medium.jpg

PB180010Medium.jpg

Hey guys, my name is bob im from spencer ma, and i got a 99 jeep cherokee used to have a 94... here are some pics sorry for the size wish i knew how to change it

DSCI0190.jpg

DSC02769.jpg

bestview-1.jpg

Is it generally legal to wheel the power lines? I ask because I live next to a lot of power lines with fix-em trails but never knew if they were ok to travel on. I know I could call the town and they'll tell me to call someone else and I'll get a voice recording, etc.
Thanks in advance

Hello All,
Wayne from Buffalo, NY here. Just got back from an area near the 1000 Islands here in NY with an 87 Pioneer. It is a black, all stock, California truck w/250,000+ and has a few "Minor" issues that will need to be resolved but all in all a very solid foundation for the project truck I was looking for. I was over 200 miles away, thru the plates on her and drove it home! :lickout: I am new to XJ's as my last mod was a 97 Explorer (loved it but tooooo many issues:hang: ) so I decided to go older and get a more basic truck. Came looking for some mod ideas on the internet and landed here.
I just put the wife's mustang away for the winter and will need to drive the Jeep till spring as she is using my pick-up till then. Not a prob as this will give me some time to decide what to do with the Jeep once I can "park" it for a while. I know it will be coming "UP" in the world but just how and how high are a couple of questions I am playing with. I also do not have any real trails to ride other than the in-laws 115 acre farm:farmer: . Any of you fine folks in the WNY area that could clue me in to some other legal trails and what they are like might be of use in my decisions of where to go with the mods to this truck.
Sorry, no pics yet as I just got back with it four days ago and honestly haven't gotten around to taking any with the holiday and all.
So Hello again and Thanks,
Wayne

Mambeu said:
Hey everyone, my name is Matt (or Матвей, whence comes my username), and I'm a full-time college student and part-time barista in Ithaca, New York. This is what my Jeep looked like two weeks ago (it's lost about a hundred pounds since then):

270_7060.jpg

I look forward to meeting all you guys at NAC-fest! :wave:

I'm Sean from Sparta, NJ. I just got my first jeep (1986 Laredo) and I also speak russian (5 years of class!)

91Woody said:
Is it generally legal to wheel the power lines? I ask because I live next to a lot of power lines with fix-em trails but never knew if they were ok to travel on. I know I could call the town and they'll tell me to call someone else and I'll get a voice recording, etc.
Thanks in advance

with the differences in state regulations its not an answer that can be given really. some power line runs are owned by the power company, although most are a "right of way" that crosses everything from public land, private land, wetlands and wildlife management areas.. well worn trails/roads generally indicate the amount of usage, be it legal thru owner permission or trespassing with a lack of enforcement..
make a point to know where you are wheeling and if you honestly do belong there. a visit to your local town hall tax assesors office will give you access to tax maps with the land parcels drawn out and listed.. public information. most tax offices have a little old lady sitting there bored all day and when you come in with an interesting topic like identifying propertry ownership and borders with the intention of making sure you dont go where you arent supposed to go, will often get you more info and cooperation than you'd expect because shes just glad to have someone to talk to.

A couple of you guys that have been around a while know me...

Took a hiatus from Jeeps to go waste a bunch of money on German go-fast junk (some VWs and an Audi) but I'm back in the game hardcore now.

So anyways, I'm Ryan... I've gone through a pile of Jeeps and wheeled everything from a stocker to a chopped XJ on 38s.

Currently working on 2 rigs.
a 93 4-door 4.0L 5-spd w/ a junk tranny. it's gettin an auto + 3.73s and 33s + 4". It'll wheel until the 95 gets built, then it'll tow the 95.

my 95 is currently almost dead. My last trip to rausch creek pretty much Killed it. It's actually lower than stock 'cause the suspension/chassis is beat (I ran blue/blacks in a stock XJ... and only ONCE took a strap) It's gonna get retardedly huge... not sure how retardedly huge, but retardedly huge is a definite (like 47" LTBs & rockwells or something similarly rediculous) I wheeled it like it was bigger tho!

had an 85xj,86xj,87xj,87mj,88mj,89xj and a 90xj (and that damn POS 4.0L WJ too that got 5 trannys and 2 motors before I dropped it like a bad habit)

some were for parts, some were DDs, some were beat to shit trail whores, some were big some were small and one barely resembled a Jeep.

It's good to be back in the game!

the 93 should be ready in a month or so, and once that's done, I'll probably be hitting rausch creek every fawkin weekend.

DSC00010.JPG

Ryan--

Where do you wheel around Selinsgrove? I'm from Williamsport (although I live outside of Philly now) and am in the area every 3-4 weeks. I usually wheel Sproul State Forest NW of Lock Haven. But I have a brother in the Selinsgrove area who I'm sure would love to get some cheap thrills in when I get my power steering fixed (broke after wheeling over Thanksgiving) and I'd like to try out some new places if they're out there.

--Ahren

Hello NAXJA,

I'm Pat. I'm 18 years old, i live in Davidsonville MD (annapolis area) and am totally obsessed with my jeep. Its a 96' sport aw4 np231 dana 30/35 with 3'' crusty coils upfront and a bastard pack out back, it has 30 inch dunlop muds. towhooks,a jks trakbar and alot of custom bodywork thanks to a grand caravan and 2mailboxes(don't ask). no pics cause i don't have a camera. but was wonderin who was around me and likes to get muddy/ pull me out(j/k)?:doh:

edit:. i am not currently a paying member but plan to be by christmas. once i get my checkcard

Last edited:
Back