• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

welcome aboard! no idea about wheeling spots near you, but if you know of anything legal... post up a topic and I'll come down. I'm only 1.5 hours from the navy base.

Im john and I live in South Baltimore MD. I have had my xj for a couple of months now and like it alot. Questions comments and feedback are requested. I have not been around cherokees for to long and want to hear what other people think. Thank you.
jon1.jpg
CHEr.jpg
100_0646.jpg

wakesk8fool

Last edited:
wakesk8fool said:
I have not been around cherokees for to long and want to hear what other people think. Thank you.

well John, i think it looks like a green XJ on swampers.. hope you have earplugs. lets see it on the trails!!
Welcome to the NAC!!

Hi John. Looks like you have a taller version of my XJ.

And Mike, I happen to enjoy the sound of Swampers on the highway.

2339858640101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Jeff

I love the highway hum of my Mickey's also

It doesn't bother me if my truck sounds like a truck:looser:

TheInstaller said:
Hi John. Looks like you have a taller version of my XJ.

And Mike, I happen to enjoy the sound of Swampers on the highway.

2339858640101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey everyone...new to this forum. Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Used to run a '93 YJ on 33's, but that has since been sold. I graduated into what some would consider "the real jeeps with unibodies!" Well sorta...I have 1/2 the uni. Picked up a clean southern MJ 4cyl 2wd for a big swap and build. Also picked up a '99 XJ sport yesterday for all the MJ conversions/parts. I'm sure I'll be picking some brains during all these swaps!

Steve

Hi, I'm the brand new owner of a 95 xj. One of the guys who worked with my wife for the last 35 years passed away very suddenly and unfortunately. My wife mentioned he had a Jeep. I asked her what kind but to her it was a Jeep. Anyway, his family called her about it they chatted a while and after she hung up the phone she tells me she picked me up a Jeep for 500 bucks.
Now that Ihave it its body is in good shape but needs exhaust and some hoses and hood locks . Other wise like some one said it runs you dont have to talk to it, It stops and the radio works. Got a 4.0 straight six with 171.000 plus miles on it.
Question is how do I find out what kinda tranny I have and the rear drive also.?and what should I NOT do to it.

Hello all. Im either in the Rochester area or the Syracuse area. My heep is a 97 auto with a 4.5in RC lift sitting on 33x15x12.5 Destination M/Ts. Got the 8.25 rear and stock 30 in the front. Trying to save up money for some 4.56 gears and much needed armor.

6tbj32d.jpg

I've been on the forum for close to 4 years and finally became a member. :)

We bought the XJ after we got our second dog so we can take them both down the shore. I ended up with the XJ stuck in the sand because I had know idea what I was doing. I thought "man, I don't what to get stuck again, there's got to be something I can do to the Jeep to make it less likely to get stuck". I used to build and race drag cars so I'm a pretty handy with the wrenches, etc. As I looked into what can be done to and with the XJ, I went from a total newb, to a wheeler. I get to Rausch Creek every other month or so and really have grown to enjoy wheelin' and my XJ in general (eventually, after I got over it pissing me off breaking motor mount screws, but that's another story). A few years and a lot of $ later here I am.

Hey all, I too have been on the forums for a lil over a year now, and finally signed as a member realizing this isnt a passing fad for me but an addiction! I'm Andrew, from Southern Ontario (between Toronto & Detroit), and wheel a (forever changing) 91 Laredo. My ex was from northern Maine, and lived in Nashua/Keene NH for awhile too. Hope to get stateside this summer and do some runs with ya'll!

Greens-64.jpg

Greens-34.jpg

hi, my name is tim. i have a 1974 j10 that i run and a friend of mine bren is running an 88 cherokee with 3.5" lift (for now. we're working on adding 2 more inches), with some 31" BFG M/Ts on 15/8 black steelies. heres a pic of it.

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

my names Marc....i got a 95XJ and i love it, ive had to replace the motor already which wasnt fun but now its back in the woods....its got a 4" lift with 33" BFG MTs, 1" MML im looking to get rid of some extra parts and the extra motor..

l_9e9e91ddabcd274025da1736977962b9.jpg

Ipod003.jpg

Ipod014.jpg

Hello, My name is Devin and i am just getting into my first XJ i bought on friday, i have heard about this sight from a few people and have lurked for awhile. I am not new to mechanic and building of cars by any means but i am new to the 4 wheeling part of it and want to learn more and tlak with people with the same lvoe of wheelin as i do. I just bought my XJ which was an R-Title on friday and it is already lifted and so fourth, the guy neevr ran iot offraod and there was NO unibody or control arm damage so i think it was worht 4400 bucks. Hoipe to chat with some of yinz and maybe go wheelin one day!

well i have introduced myself and been on here but never threw up and pics of the rig ...

95 XJ
4.0 AUTO
231 SYE
3.5 bastard kit...
31" BFG AT ON CRAGER SOFT 8'S
D30 - AUSSIE
BOTH DIFFS PROTECTED BY RUFFSTUFF

PARTS SITTING AROUND THAT HANVT MADE IT ON YET

TNT HD Crossmember
Alloy Tube Seals
Rock Krawler Track Bar
Skids ...
DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0353.jpg

Hey everyone, my names is Jim. I live in Staten Island, NY. I own a 1991 Cherokee Sport. I haven't taken it out on the trails yet. It never really dawned on me they existed out here, lol. I am originally from Woodland Park, CO. Where trails can lead you up and over 12,000 ft above sea level. Anyways, I am currently preparing to take my stock xj and doing a slight upgrade. I'm tired of the saggy suspension mainly. I just got done ordering a Rubicon 5.5 lift, SYE/Tom Woods CV-shaft, 5 - BFG 33 x 12.50's, 5 - Dick Cepek DC-1 10 x 15 Black wheels. I just received the Rubi Kit and noticed the bar pins aren't installed on the rear shock eyes. How do you get those bars inside ? Taking the bushing out of the shock eye first ?

Whats up guys. I am new to this board but not to XJ's. I have been meaning to get on the board for years but just never got around to it. I usually go wheeling at Rausch Creek every month. I run a local off road shop here in Aberdeen Maryland. Hope to see you guys on the trails soon.

John Rogers
jeepforumavatar.jpg

COM2.jpg

000_0112.jpg

Back