• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hey my names Evan I live about 15 minutes south of albany I have two xjs. Both are 1990's with 4.0s and auto trannys. I am rebuilding one and the other is my DD, The daily driver has 31 procomp ats, Im just lookin to do some wheeling and meet some people

Hi. First post. Like many of you, I've always liked Cherokees, but just recently got my first one.... a bone stock 96 SE with 148k. 4.0HO, AW4, 8.25 rear and some good ol saggy springs. I liked it so much that I made it my DD and sold my 2001 Corolla that only had 60k miles on it. My wife said I was crazy ..... I said I was crazy to have waited so long to do this.

I had no plans to lift it or wheel it....ever ........ then I found websites like this. You are all a bunch of Jerks!!! Not to mention I live in Downingtown, PA only a couple hours from R/C. And Quadratec is only 15 minutes from my house. I'm doomed!

jeep1.jpg

MrSimon said:
Hi. First post. Like many of you, I've always liked Cherokees, but just recently got my first one.... a bone stock 96 SE with 148k. 4.0HO, AW4, 8.25 rear and some good ol saggy springs. I liked it so much that I made it my DD and sold my 2001 Corolla that only had 60k miles on it. My wife said I was crazy ..... I said I was crazy to have waited so long to do this.

I had no plans to lift it or wheel it....ever ........ then I found websites like this. You are all a bunch of Jerks!!! Not to mention I live in Downingtown, PA only a couple hours from R/C. And Quadratec is only 15 minutes from my house. I'm doomed!

jeep1.jpg

Welcome to the group....or should I say addiction.....

Hi, My name is Rob. I own a 1990 XJ 4 door, lifted 4.5 inches with 31'' MD. tires. I am 30 years old and married with 3 step kids, 2 boys ( Roland 7, and Ian 6,) and 1 girl ( Lily 3,). I drive tri axle dump truck, My wife (Marianne)drives school bus and sells mary kay Products. I am working on getting my XJ ready for the trails this summer. I am also looking forward to meeting new people and having some fun with everyone.

Hi. My name is Rob, I own a 90 Xj 4 dr. with 4.5 inch lift,31 inch MT tires. Ajustable track bar and quick Disconnects. I am married with 3 step kids 2 boys and a girl their names are Roland, Ian, Lily, My wife (Marianne)drives school bus and sells Mary kay products. I drive Tri axle Dump truck. I am also looking forward to meeting new people and having fun this summer on the trails. I am still working on getting my Xj ready for that ..

dont know if I introduced myself or not. Im Kirsten from Qtown PA I have an 89 xj thats been sitting that Im fixing up and an 06 tj 4" lift and all the crap that goes with it. I try to get pics up sooner or later. Must say this is a great reference guide :)

racing-rob said:
Hi, My name is Rob. I own a 1990 XJ 4 door, lifted 4.5 inches with 31'' MD. tires. I am 30 years old and married with 3 step kids, 2 boys ( Roland 7, and Ian 6,) and 1 girl ( Lily 3,). I drive tri axle dump truck, My wife (Marianne)drives school bus and sells mary kay Products. I am working on getting my XJ ready for the trails this summer. I am also looking forward to meeting new people and having some fun with everyone.

Welcome to the forum, Rob. It will be great to see you out on the trails someday. NAC-Fest is in June, so If you can make it to that event, that would be cool. It's a great time, and you meet alot of great people, and get lots of ideas for your jeep. Look forward to meetin' ya someday.

-Todd

my name is shawn. im origonally from pa and plan on moving back soon. right at the moment i am in fl helping out my folks. im from the delco area. looking for some people in pa close to where im going back for some wheeln wrenching jeep shiat like that. seen some nice rigs here and a few people from where i am from. hope to hear from "yous" guys here and on the trail.
i have been wheeln through nj, mainly where i have a site down in mayslanding. i have been through tuckerton and momonth too and some of ac. pine barrens and blackwood. , dorothy etc.

my rig is a 93xj and its new to me and in process of building while i am down here. it'll have 4.5" lift and 33's, locked f&r. i was thinking on going with d44 f&r i have them but i dont know if i'll be able to get them done before i move so i may just bring them with me and do them up there. i am a welder and fabr so i know how to do most of that stuff and i have my own welers so no biggie and maybe when i get up there i could do some work for you guys to help out.

well hope to meet some good jeeps and wheelers.

Hi all. Been into the wheeling thing since my father introduced me to it back in 1978. Had quite a few Jeeps over the years and have enjoyed all aspects of building / wheeling them. Recently purchased a 2000 XJ and have been gathering all the goodies to move it upward and outward. I have been a long time member of http://www.pgh-offroad.com/. Hopefully I get to meet some of you in the near future. Kudos on the great site.

Brian

Hey Guys,

My name is Pete and I currently live in Boston, MA. Sold my 03' Dodge 2500 last year before moving back into the city and now driving my fiance's 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I've been on the Jeepsunlimited board for a while.

If anyone is from Boston or the north/south shores, I'm looking for a reliable mechanic to deal with some engine issues.

This is my rig so far. I will eventually add heavier bumpers, possibly a wench, definitely a roof rack. This is the 5.5 Rubicon lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG's, Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels, new bumpers, fog lights, mirrors, flares, and decided to go with Westin Signature stepbars, due to my father in laws like of stretchability, lol
91CherokeeSport.jpg

91CherokeeSport6.jpg

91CherokeeSport5.jpg

91CherokeeSport2.jpg

Hello my name is Nick and I own three XJ's. My main DD is a 1989 Pioneer soon to have 2.5" with RE Full AAL's and ZJ coils/spacer combo. I live in NEPA and ride in Jessup and Dunmore Pennsylvania.

Hi my name is Andy I have a 98 XJ sport I run a 3" procomp lift, 30" procomp mt, 3/4" airaid throttle body spacer, novak tc linkage, olympic rockrawler front bumper, and chopped fenders. Rear bumper and rockers soon to come. I was also wondering how to make a custom avatar?
littleflex2.jpg

frontfenderchop.jpg

MYDC0042.jpg

My name is Steve. I live in Northern NY right across the river from Canada, (in St. Lawrence County for those of you who think Buffalo is in Northern NY). I have a 1990 Laredo with 50% 1992 drivetrain, 85% 1992 electrical and 1988 leather seats. It's still a work in progress as most of you are in the same boat:gee:

A Detour's BackBone, smittybilt winch and an OD rattle can paint job is on the list for for next couple months.

SANY0584-1.jpg

Photoshop Olive Drab
JeepOliveDrabGreen_small.jpg

Not sure if I introduced myself, but here it goes :D I wheel on a YJ, and have had several Jeeps, XJ, TJ, YJ's, CJ's, Woody, WJ, ZJ, etc etc. I like wrenching, and wheeling, long walks on the beach, etc etc.

started looking into buyilding a moderate XJ for family wheeling with the baby (who would know that a small ittle baby takes so much space :D)

I bought a XJ froma buddy that already has some goodies to start with, like Atlas, Currie 444, arb's, etc etc, but the rig does need some TLC (200K plus miles). Looking for tips and ideas, so appreciaet the input, thanks!

cherokeeforsale31708016.jpg

Hey, my name is Stephen, I live in North Reading, Ma
I just bought a 89 XJ with everything pre-installed:
4" Rough Country Lift
33's
Aftermarket Bumper
Roof Rack
Light Bar and Fog Lights(Hella)
Bushwacker Fender Flares

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

I've been lurking for a few months now...mostly checking out all the beautiful XJ's you guys have. I live in Michigan and picked up a 2001 XJ Limited several months back with grand plans to build her trail ready. But our lovely economy here in Michigan resulted in a sizable paycut for me this year (but at least I'm still working, right?)... so I've only handled some minor repair issues under the hood with no real upgrades. Put in a new battery, idler pulley, s-belt, and fluid changes. Still getting a vibration (sounds like it's coming from the rear) when idling though...I'm thinking it's a bad dampener. Anyone have any other ideas?

Anyways...here she is the day I picked her up:
jeep.jpg

I appologize in advance if this isn't the place for the following questions or comments, but I couldn't find a way to post new topics: I'm currently shopping lift kits...thinking about settling on a RE 3.5" on 32's. The idea is to start smaller to avoid the expense of an SYE and axle upgrades. Been shopping junkyards for Dana 44's...but with no luck. Thoughts or suggestions on my plans?

Also...came across a used ARB bull bar. Picked it up for $300. It has a lot of surface rust on it, but it's in perfect structual condition. A guy said he'd blast it for $100 and another guy said he'd powdercoat it for another $100. Someone else recommended an acid dip...but I'm not sure of the pros or cons of that compared to media blasting. Thoughts or suggestions?

Anyone have any experience running a Trail Ready rear bumper...the one with the rear quarter panel and tail light protection? Come to think of it...I have lots of questions about things. So if someone can point me to the right area, I'll take them all there.

Anyways...looking forward to talking with you guys!

Last edited:
Back