• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Oddly enough, I tried to register a minute ago, and whadya' know? I was already registered, heh.

2000XJ setup for SCCA NER RallyCross competition.

Rusty's airtube with 9" K&N, flowmaster 40 series 2.5" outlet, Bilstein HD shocks, Rusty's TB spacer, a bunch of lights on the front, yadda yadda yadda.

If anyone had seen it last year, it would have had 4 Hella's on the roof, a Thule roof basket, 2" lift with BFG AT's.

Now it looks like this...

473762252_a29a570d6a_o.jpg

Hi everyone...Erik here, from Newark DE. I've been a GM guy my whole life, but I've always wanted a Jeep. So I picked up a 1990 XJ last week. Great site you've got here.

awesome! another XJer in my area. We've got a few lifted XJs in New Castle County, keep your eyes open. :)

Nice...I've seen a few around over the past couple years and it's always been inspirational. Now I just need to get her ready for the trail...

Here are some driveway pics from the night I brought her home:

front%20small.JPG

side%20small.JPG

angle%20small.JPG

Rest assured that my first mod was the "transparent vent window mod"

Hey,
Rich here from Beverly Ma (north of boston).
Just got my first truck. 94 cherokee country. Green/Gold exterior w/ tan leather interior. Stole it from a use car lot for 850 dollars. Has a few problems but the drivetrain seems to be pretty solid. (especially for 176k).

Heres some pics from the day after I got it. These are some poser pics from some big rail road tie thats on top of a curb. LoL
2082803310101305642S600x600Q85.jpg

2288042800101305642S600x600Q85.jpg

2338448870101305642S600x600Q85.jpg

2937099180101305642S600x600Q85.jpg

This is me standing on an obsticle course use for customer test drives at a landrover dealership. They block it off at night :( .
2398789450101305642S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple of those aluminum wheels if you want them.

Jeeps rule!

USM Ty Ty said:
Oddly enough, I tried to register a minute ago, and whadya' know? I was already registered, heh.

2000XJ setup for SCCA NER RallyCross competition.

Rusty's airtube with 9" K&N, flowmaster 40 series 2.5" outlet, Bilstein HD shocks, Rusty's TB spacer, a bunch of lights on the front, yadda yadda yadda.

If anyone had seen it last year, it would have had 4 Hella's on the roof, a Thule roof basket, 2" lift with BFG AT's.

Now it looks like this...

473762252_a29a570d6a_o.jpg
Nice jeep, you have any issues with almost rolling it or keeping up with the WRX's? Looks like fun, i know they do it out in eastern NY but where else around here? One of these days when i get the money id love to do that and ice racing.

BBeach said:
Nice jeep, you have any issues with almost rolling it or keeping up with the WRX's? Looks like fun, i know they do it out in eastern NY but where else around here? One of these days when i get the money id love to do that and ice racing.

It's been flopped on it's before, but that was back when it was lifted and whatnot, and not racing. So far in rallycross I've only had one near rollover, and that was either because of a broken rear shock, or the landing impact broke it.

As for having trouble with the Subarus, no, not really. In the last two races I've come in 5th in class out of 20 and 6th in class out of 13. Two cars with multiple drivers always ahead of me are an Audi A4 and an older Mitsubishi Galant VR4.

I'm getting faster and starting to catch up...the Jeep takes a little finese sometimes to get right.

USM Ty Ty said:
It's been flopped on it's before, but that was back when it was lifted and whatnot, and not racing. So far in rallycross I've only had one near rollover, and that was either because of a broken rear shock, or the landing impact broke it.

As for having trouble with the Subarus, no, not really. In the last two races I've come in 5th in class out of 20 and 6th in class out of 13. Two cars with multiple drivers always ahead of me are an Audi A4 and an older Mitsubishi Galant VR4.

I'm getting faster and starting to catch up...the Jeep takes a little finese sometimes to get right.

Did you do the New England Forest Rally 2 years ago in Rumford? I remember someone put thier ride in a ditch, it was either an xj or an explorer. I couldnt get close enough to see it.

Well I've been on here for a while, haven't gotten around to introducing myself quite yet though, figured I should.
I've had my XJ for a year and a half now, still not a part of any clubs but plan on joining one. I've got 4.5" of lift, cut fenders with TJ flares, a Custom 4x4 Fab winch bumper and a smitty bilt rear tube bumper, a lockright in the D35 and its sitting on 33x12.5 mud kings on AR tailgunners.
I also converted the closed cooling system to a open cooling system.
I love my Jeep :loveu:
I can't find any pictures right now, maybe I'll post some up later.
Hope to see some of you around!

-mark

98XJSport said:
Did you do the New England Forest Rally 2 years ago in Rumford? I remember someone put thier ride in a ditch, it was either an xj or an explorer. I couldnt get close enough to see it.

I was there as a Rally America worker, but that wasn't me. It was a 4Runner, one of the sweep vehicles. They missed one of the narrow bridges and flopped onto their roof into a very small river.
447860005_3da67215c7_o.jpg

My name is Chris from MO. this is my first day here, dont know how to post pics or anything else. not even sure if i am doing this right. do know how to wheel my rig. well kinda. i have a 1990-ish xj w/ 6in. of lift, 35/12.5 rear 44 locked front 30truetra. building exo cage, front bumper and hopefully tube doors. not a pretty rig but a pretty tough rig.

USM Ty Ty said:
I was there as a Rally America worker, but that wasn't me. It was a 4Runner, one of the sweep vehicles. They missed one of the narrow bridges and flopped onto their roof into a very small river.
447860005_3da67215c7_o.jpg
That prolly hurt, hope they were alrite. How much does it cost to enter these events and how much have you put into your jeep. Be careful with an intake like kn without a heat/dust shield.

Last edited:
BBeach said:
That prolly hurt, hope they were alrite. How much does it cost to enter these events and how much have you put into your jeep. Be careful with an intake like kn without a heat/dust shield.

They were fine.

A rallycross like what I race in, entry fees are usually $50-60 for non-SCCA members.

As for what I've put into my Jeep, not much.

Rusty's Airtube with 9" K&N
Rusty's 2.5" catback with Flowamaster 40
Rusty's TB spacer
Bilstein Shocks

Depending on the terrain, I run either Toyo ATs or BFG ATs. Thats about it for upgrades. Goes pretty good.

USM Ty Ty said:

Thats the one, I only got close enough to see tires in the air. Hopefully get to go again this year, although the locals tend to complain when the rally guys hit thier brakes ;)

hello all my name is Nate I live just south of harrisburg pa near 3 mile island anyways i have a 2000 sport 3in lift 31in bfg Mt with more mods to come soon . dont know how to post pics yet but i do have some on my space here's the link http://www.myspace.com/dacaholic anyone live near me? let me know hopefully I will meet more of you guys at NACFEST . later

Back