• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you people come up with these names?

Well I'm not fat but my XJ was when I got it, at least i thought so. So I decided to put my Fat XJ on a diet and lose some weight and build up some bulk. I do the same thing with every vehicle I own. I thougth the name was very befitting of my mentality on performance.

I like to ski and the name of my skis are the "skogen sprag pro model" we got tired of calling them that when discussing them between friend so we started to call them skogs. then i pick up the name skog. just for gramitical sake the o is a long O

skog

Well, the name is Arya Ebrahimi. Arya can also be a girls name in Iran(where my father is from), so I drop the last A most times. I still answer to both, so it doesn't really matter. It's pronounced like "R E uh" or "R E" for short. Oh yeah, and I drive an '01 XJ ;) BTW, I'd really like to know where Beezil comes from(been buggin me for like a year) :) Peace

Ary

Umm not too much mystery to mine but there is a history. I am XJguy in every email, news group, and any other online service or feature. I took on the name even before I discovered the XJ only forums. Way back then I used to visit car chat rooms on AOL, so XJguy was the name I have used, often confused for Jaguar owner. I was the only guy who was making essentially a race car out of a Jeep..all I could think about was my Jeep. Everyone said why not just buy a sports car..I said no I love my Jeep..hence I am the XJguy. Now moer than evey I am the XJ guy since I am starting a business that at least for the time being only caters to XJs.

XJguy

Goatman came from someone playing with my last name at a new job one time, and it stuck. Richard Gauthier, which is pronounced go-t-a, hence "goat".

Now some people say it comes from the way I drive my Jeep. :D

Originally posted by MaxJohnson
future mods:
"it's a Jeep thing" sticker
low range shifter,
high plains drifter,
more cheese,
"The Dillinger" hub caps,
"You wouldn't understand" sticker

I think I've been forever immortalized in a sig.... I already had that tribute webpage. :D :D :D

Now, back on to the topic...

Dillinger - First XJ...named after my most famous relative ever...

Stryker - Internet alias only.. My favorite German Shepherd

Honcho - the name of my mini-me MJ pickup that looks alot like it's bigger brothers at present. Hey....it beat "gladiator" :rolleyes:

T Bent

It is the top secret code name for people named Tim Bentley that don't want anyone from back at "the institution" to find them. Wearing foil hats is common too.
Tim B.

I know it will not be that popular but I have a 2wd XJ. And everyone always just assumes all jeeps are 4wd, so hence false 4x4 in French. I just like to show the beam punks that a straight axle can jump too. And I also like to drive too fast for rock crawling.

Scott Mac. said:
I'd be interested in hearing the long version.

White Eagle.

In shamanic journeying, the eagle is my power animal. But I'm not a Native American, hence "White Eagle."

Yellowxj--straight forward
xjclimb.jpg

Because its fricken yellow... American LeFrance YELLOW...not green or lime green or baby shXt green or kawasaki green...damn it all...I never thought having a different color would be so hard. Stupid electric utility trucks in my area have the same color too. Try to be unique only to have a whole fleet of trucks riding around the same color. Grrrr..
If your ever in central florida and wanna ride give a holler...

2OFFROAD my tag and my mission in life

5-90, I am in Illinois, and here if you follow the norm for plates-passenger, letters then numbers, no more than 8 and trucks, numbers then letters no more than 7 (I believe) then they are standard plates. Vanity would be those that don't follow this pattern, IE no numbers
78 bucks a year for standard plates

mine is very simple.....

'eshel' is hebrew for 'a grove of trees', and also means 'the fire of G-d'.
there is also a tree that grows in Israel, around Ashkelon, and it's name is 'eshel'.
so there you have it, a short lesson in hebrew.
shalom alechem,

eshel

Back