• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How stupid are we, Americans? Time to clean the House and Senate

To hell with the Constitution?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/to_hell_with_the_constitution.html

[FONT=times new roman,times]Judge Napolitano deems ObamaCare "unconstitutional at its core".[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Besides the systemic ban, a key component of ObamaCare may also run afoul of the Constitution. The "individual mandate" for citizens to buy health insurance seems to violate the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause. In The Washington Post, attorneys [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]David Rivkin[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] and Lee Casey [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]assert[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]: [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]The otherwise uninsured would be required to buy coverage...for no other reason than that people without health insurance exist. The federal government does not have the power to regulate Americans simply because they are there.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]During last year's campaign, I made this [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]"existential" argument[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] myself, comparing the "individual mandate" to poll taxes. In [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Harper v. Virginia Bd. of Elections[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] (1966), which struck down poll taxes in Virginia, Justice Douglas delivered the Court's opinion:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]Long ago in Yick Wo v. Hopkins ... the Court referred to "the political franchise of voting" as a "fundamental political right, because preservative of all rights." ... fee paying has, in our view, no relation to voting qualifications; the right to vote is too precious, too fundamental to be so burdened or conditioned.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]Is not the right to exist even more "fundamental" than the right to vote? Isn't existence a precondition of "all rights"? Yet this is what the "individual mandate" taxes: existence. In the Wall Street Journal, Rivkin and Casey [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]write[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]: [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]But if over time, as many critics fear, a "public option" health insurance plan turns into what amounts to a single-payer system, the constitutional issues regarding treatment and reimbursement decisions will be manifold...The only thing that is certain today is that the courts, and not Congress, will have the last word.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]In her coverage of the [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]November 5 rally on Capitol Hill[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] and attorney Mark Levin's impassioned speech to the assembled throng (great video of it in the link), Penny Starr reports:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]Both the House and Senate versions of the health-care reform bill would force all individuals who are citizens or legal residents of the United States to buy health insurance or else pay a fine, even though the Congressional Budget Office has reported that the federal government has never before required Americans to buy any good or service. Sen. Orrin Hatch (R.-Utah), a longtime member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told CNSNews.com recently that this mandate is not constitutionally justifiable and that if Congress can force Americans to buy health insurance "then there's literally nothing the federal government can't force us to do" .[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]But now Congress is ramming through their abortion of a bill by the thinnest of majorities. [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]The House just passed its version 220 to 215[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times] -- a 3-vote margin to pass the "mother of all entitlements." The [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]Senate is considering its options[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times], among them the "nuclear option" (called "reconciliation"), which would allow them to get around a filibuster.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]If Congress were to do the right thing and initiate an amendment to enshrine the "individual mandate" in the Constitution...it would fail miserably. If America is still America, Americans will not tolerate being told they have to buy something, especially if it's for no other reason than that they exist. If ObamaCare becomes law, folks will drop their insurance out of principle. They'll file suits against the feds. The states will resist, perhaps rebel. And great will be the tumult thereof.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]I'm afraid Congress has not only misread the Constitution, but they've also misjudged the American people. Or maybe they just don't know what country they live in.[/FONT]

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/to_hell_with_the_constitution.html

FUKK YOU.

By the way, nice use of capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. I'm sure that your countrymen would be very proud of your shining example of Canadian intellect.

Spelling? or was that intentional to get past the filters? His response is just exercising our 1st amendment and your response proves his point.

Back on subject:
Do you think there will actually be a voters box revolt?

Spelling? or was that intentional to get past the filters? His response is just exercising our 1st amendment and your response proves his point.

Back on subject:
Do you think there will actually be a voters box revolt?

I most certainly hope so.....if there isn't, then We the People don't deserve our Republic, if we're not willing to fight for it.

A Voice of Reason from Within-calling for Term Limits Amendment.

"As long as members have the chance to spend their lives in Washington, their interests will always skew toward spending taxpayer dollars to buy off special interests, covering over corruption in the bureaucracy, fundraising, relationship building among lobbyists, and trading favors for pork - in short, amassing their own power," said Mr. DeMint, who is running for a second term next year.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/11/demint-revives-bill-to-ban-permanent-politicians/

At the end of the 18th century, many of the framers of the fledgling United States—the first major modern democracy—also put stock in the idea.

Benjamin Franklin, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were among those who considered term limits an important way to check individual power.

Benjamin Franklin said:
"I am apprehensive, therefore - perhaps too apprehensive - that the Government of these States may in future times end in a monarchy. But this catastrophe, I think, May be long delayed, if in our proposed system we do not sow the seeds contention, faction, and tumult, by making our posts of honor places of profit."

This won't happen overnight, but let's get it started now.

This won't happen overnight, but let's get it started now.

I'm in. You & I may not vote the same or have the same political motivation but I agree the crop of bums in office now are terrible. That said...I disagree with term limits. What if we get some one that we like? 8 years later bam! They're gone! My view is we already have term limits, We the People just never choose to exercise them.

We the people are just too ignorant and happy to continue raking in the welfare checks, C4C checks, free healthcare, and whatever other free stuff they throw our way. We the people don't realize that none of it is free. It's coming from someone's paycheck. If not our own (and those receiving "benefits" never pay into taxes) then someone is paying it. If the people actually paid attention, we all wouldn't be having this discussion. We'd see all the broken promises, lies, forced ideology, lack of representation, etc etc, and vote them out. Politicians would be forced into honesty because we'd be keeping track and voting them out when they no longer served our needs.

@Boatwrench: Yep, intentional for the filters. XXXX just didn't do it for me at the time. My own filters were a little loose this morning after a long annoying night at work (not so bad tonight, thus far).

Write in "Revolt"?

@Darky: Agreed. I know way too many sheeple who drank the Obama/Dem. Kool-aid and refuse to remove the blinders. They get mad at me for speaking against anything he does/says; few have done any research on their own to be able to form an educated opinion on most things I bring up.

They get mad at me for speaking against anything he does/says; few have done any research on their own to be able to form an educated opinion on most things I bring up.

It's interesting that you say this. In your research you must not have gone deep enough to see exactly why voting is futile. And why POTUS doesn't really run anything.

Have you ever read a book called "The Secret Team" by L. Fletcher Prouty?

I guarantee it'll change your perspective on things. (Unless you go into shock, and then denial, of course)

Last edited:
I'm in. You & I may not vote the same or have the same political motivation but I agree the crop of bums in office now are terrible. That said...I disagree with term limits. What if we get some one that we like? 8 years later bam! They're gone! My view is we already have term limits, We the People just never choose to exercise them.

I agree. Historical voting statistics are proof that the majority of US Citizens choose not to vote.

There are many reasons and excuses for this, but We the People need to realize that both actions are choices. You choose to vote, you choose to not vote.

I will go so far at to say that as long as you choose to vote, you choose to be Free. If you choose to not vote, you choose tyranny...... a simple history lesson will prove this accurate.

I think the recent elections are a prime example of what happens when folks actually take ownership of the Freedom, take an interest in their future and show up at the polls to cast their vote.

Looking back at last year, Obama was not elected by a majority of US Citizens, he was elected by a minority of US Citizens....who actually voted.

If you choose to remain silent and fail to exercise your Will by voting, there are consequences for inaction.

I agree. Historical voting statistics are proof that the majority of US Citizens choose not to vote.

There are many reasons and excuses for this, but We the People need to realize that both actions are choices. You choose to vote, you choose to not vote.

I will go so far at to say that as long as you choose to vote, you choose to be Free. If you choose to not vote, you choose tyranny...... a simple history lesson will prove this accurate.

I think the recent elections are a prime example of what happens when folks actually take ownership of the Freedom, take an interest in their future and show up at the polls to cast their vote.

Looking back at last year, Obama was not elected by a majority of US Citizens, he was elected by a minority of US Citizens....who actually voted.

If you choose to remain silent and fail to exercise your Will by voting, there are consequences for inaction.

I still feel that two things have to be changed, one is to add a none of the above to the candidates and the party straight ticket lever needs to be removed and voters forced to choose candidates, don't put them in with any party affiliation either.

It's interesting that you say this. In your research you must not have gone deep enough to see exactly why voting is futile. And why POTUS doesn't really run anything.

Have you ever read a book called "The Secret Team" by L. Fletcher Prouty?

I guarantee it'll change your perspective on things. (Unless you go into shock, and then denial, of course)

I didn't say anything about voting. I was referring to the reactions from Obama's sheeple whenever I say anything against their man. Strikes me as an 'Emperor's new clothes' kind of thing. A blind 'he said it, therefore it must be good' mentality.

I just don't offer political opinions in that particular circle of friends anymore.

What age range is said "group"

If it makes you feel any better, imagine being 25 in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

x2 on voting from the rooftops!

Senator Reid's Bill requires all Americans to pay an Abortion Tax
HR3590 bill

It’s right there beginning on line 11, page 122, section 1303, under “Actuarial Value of Optional Service Coverage.” The premium will be paid into a U.S. Treasury account – and these federal funds will be used to pay for the abortion services.

Section 1303(a)(2)(C) describes the process in which the Health Benefits Commissioner is to assess the monthly premiums that will be used to pay for elective abortions under the government-run health plan and for those who are given an affordability credit to purchase insurance coverage that includes abortion through the Exchange. The Commissioner must charge at a minimum $1 per enrollee per month.

Ironic, this bill is labeled "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".
I guess since the fetus isn't paying taxes yet, it's OK to kill it......but wait, by legalizing abortions, they are cutting into their own "revenue" stream, because that fetus will someday have to pay taxes?

What age range is said "group"

If it makes you feel any better, imagine being 25 in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

x2 on voting from the rooftops!

Age range: 30 - 40ish

I was stationed in So-Cal from the time I was 18 til 22 ('91 thru '95). Never became a resident of the state for a variety of reasons. Mostly monetary; bought a $10k new car and tt&l was going to be something like $600, quite a bit for an E3 (base pay as E-5 in '98 was just over $1500/mo.). IIRC, reg. & title back home in NM was ~$90, and yearly renewals were something like $23.

Senator Reid's Bill requires all Americans to pay an Abortion Tax
HR3590 bill

It’s right there beginning on line 11, page 122, section 1303, under “Actuarial Value of Optional Service Coverage.” The premium will be paid into a U.S. Treasury account – and these federal funds will be used to pay for the abortion services.

Section 1303(a)(2)(C) describes the process in which the Health Benefits Commissioner is to assess the monthly premiums that will be used to pay for elective abortions under the government-run health plan and for those who are given an affordability credit to purchase insurance coverage that includes abortion through the Exchange. The Commissioner must charge at a minimum $1 per enrollee per month.

Ironic, this bill is labeled "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".
I guess since the fetus isn't paying taxes yet, it's OK to kill it......but wait, by legalizing abortions, they are cutting into their own "revenue" stream, because that fetus will someday have to pay taxes?

Downloaded the .pdf, and asked the wife to print it (2S/2U - don't want to waste too much paper!) at work to-morrow. I've been wanting to flip through this thing and shoot holes in it for a while now (and I'll probably literally shoot holes in it when I'm done doing so figuratively...)

I posted this info under the Healthcare thread, but it needs to be seen here as well.

We need to take responsibility for allowing the corrupt officials to retain their jobs in Washington by re-electing them.

I believe there is a ground swell in the American population that is only gaining momentum and voter participation in 2010 will make the record books. We need to be part of this movement to educate and motivate our fellow Americans to stand together to take back our Country from the goverment. They are there to serve We the People and they've forgotten that.......it's time for a wakeup call, and a smackdown.

Here a few tidbits from Rassmussen.......
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ntire_congress

Fifty-nine percent (59%) now believe that members of Congress are overpaid. That’s up 10 percentage points from last October. Just five percent (5%) think their Congress member is paid too little. Thirty percent (30%) think the pay is about right.

One reason for this attitude may be that most voters say they understand the health care legislation better than Congress. Just 22% think the legislature has a good understanding of the issue. Three-out-of-four (74%) trust their own economic judgment more than Congress’.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Americans believe that when members of Congress meet with regulators and other government officials, they do so to help their friends and hurt their political opponents. Most believe that’s why politicians are able to solicit contributions from business leaders.

Most, however, say it’s generally a good investment because political donors get more than their money’s worth. Fifty-seven percent (57%) of American adults say political donors get more than their money back in terms of favors from members of Congress.

Despite these reviews, more than 90% of Congress routinely gets reelected every two years. It’s a shock when any incumbent loses. One explanation for this phenomenon frequently heard in Washington, D.C. is that “people hate Congress but love their own congressman.”

Voters have a different perspective, and 50% say 'rigged' election rules explain high reelection rate for Congress.

When the Constitution was written, the nation’s founders expected that there would be a 50% turnover in the House of Representatives every election cycle. That was the experience they witnessed in state legislatures at the time (and most of the state legislatures offered just one-year terms).

For well over 100 years after the Constitution was adopted, the turnover averaged in the 50% range as expected.

In the 20th century, turnover began to decline. As power and prestige flowed to Washington during the New Deal era, fewer and fewer members of Congress wanted to leave. In 1968, congressional turnover fell to single digits for the first time ever, and it has remained very low ever since.

Looking for a classic example of abuse of power and corruption within the US Government? Look no further than John Murtha.

19 Terms
35 years
Earned the title "The King of Pork"
http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/you-dont-know-jack

"More people fly out of an airport near the north pole than do out of the John Murtha airport (last year the Murtha airport handed 6,700 passengers, compared to 37,000 at the airport in Barrow, Alaska)."
According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, the federal government has pumped $200 million into the airport, located two hours east of Pittsburgh. Jim Ellis, Vice President of TCS, called it "practically a museum piece."...

http://www.bootmurtha.com/

Wondering which other Senators made the Most Corrupt List? See who's made it from your State.....and who needs to be fired!

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/

Electing good people is your responsibility:patriot:

Wondering which other Senators made the Most Corrupt List? See who's made it from your State.....and who needs to be fired!

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/

Electing good people is your responsibility:patriot:

A few observations:
Interesting to see it was a bi-partisan just about evenly split between parties.

I wish when websites put up this type of information they would be a little more informative about where the 41st, 37th, 12th, etc congressional district is.

The four Californians were from the southland.

Where was Representative Pelosi? According to most posts I read on here she is the devil made flesh. Well at least she is not corrupt.

Back