• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9.4 MILLION acres slated to close in Moab. Please take action NOW.

Here's what I got back from my congressman:
October 4, 2009 Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1925, the America's Red Rock Wilderness Act. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and concerns on this important issue.

As you may know, Representative Maurice Hinchey (NY-22) introduced H.R. 1925, which would designate certain portions of public land in Utah as wilderness for protection by the federal government. As a member of the House Committee on Natural Resources, I am committed to protecting public lands for future generations. That is why I am a cosponsor of this legislation. While we may not agree on this issue, please know that as an avid hunter and outdoorsman, I am committed to protecting our natural resources for all to enjoy.

H.R. 1925 was referred to the House Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands. I am a member of this committee and I will keep your views in minds should this legislation come before the committee for a vote.

While we may not agree on this issue, I want you to know that we agree on many issues and it is important to keep the lines of communication open. I hope you will keep contacting me with your ideas and let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For more information and additional details about legislation, please visit my website, http://heinrich.house.gov. While you are there, you can also sign up to receive periodic updates on my work in Congress.

As always, I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Sincerely, Martin Heinrich
Member of Congress

Looks as though Cabela's has made a formal statement that Metclaf does not speak for their Corporation, even though he apparently testified to Congress that he did.

They also made it very clear what side of the issue they stand.

Cabelas20HR201925.jpg

From this thread at pirate4x4.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825795

Emails sent to my congressman and both my State's Senators.

Another reply:
Dear Mr. Himes,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

S. 799, the America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009, was introduced by Senator Dick Durbin (IL) on April 2, 2009. This legislation would designate certain federal lands in Utah as wilderness areas including areas within the Great Basin, the Zion and Mojave Deserts, the Grand Staircase-Escalante and Moab-La Sal Canyons, the Henry Mountains, Glen Canyon, San Juan-Anasazi, Canyonlands Basin, San Rafael Swell, Book Cliffs and Uinta Basin. S. 799 would also set forth administrative provisions regarding the exchange of state-owned lands within the wilderness areas, federal reservation of water rights, and authorization of livestock grazing, among other issues.

After it was introduced, S. 799 was referred to the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. At this time, no further action regarding S.799 has occurred. Please rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind if the legislation comes before the full Senate for a vote.

You may be interested to know that during my service in Congress I have always been a strong supporter of Wilderness. In Fact, A bill I introduced in the House of Representatives to designate Sabinoso as a Wilderness area became a reality with the signing of the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009 by President Barrack Obama on March 30, 2009. The Sabinoso Wilderness is situated in San Miguel County, 40 miles east of Las Vegas and 25 miles northwest of Conchas Dam State Park. This area will undoubtedly provide outstanding opportunities to hunt, hike, horseback ride, take photographs, and simply experience the unspoiled lands of our ancestors.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns regarding any federal issue by visiting my website at www.tomudall.senate.gov. For more information, you may also visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Senator-Tom-Udall/106433512869 and receive up to the minute updates through my Twitter page at http://twitter.com/senatortomudall.

Very truly yours,
Tom Udall
United States Senator

Sounds to me like Mr. Udall just replied with a copy/paste response. He even goes on to point out that he SUPPORTS the exact thing we are denouncing?? Sounds like a typical politician, doesn't even look at what you said.

Back