• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF August 13th -15th

I rolled thorough Browns camp this evening (I know, more than a week early) and there was only one camp site occupied. I think arriving early in the week will make it easy to find sites there. I'm also pumped because it is the best time of year for swimming in the Wilson at Footbridge Trailhead.

lots of hot chicks at the footbrige!

I am down like charlie brown.. my Japan trip is canceled, so I will be heading out Thursday morning.

Do we have agreement on where we want to camp? If we have a few people that head out on Thursday, we should be able to snag a few spots. or at leat a couple big ones.

Eric, I'm certain I have no idea what you're talking about ;-)

Dave, its down the river towards Tillamook aways. Approx MP 20. Rogers Camp is at MP 33. There's access from Horse Camp at 29.5.

I'm also planning on heading out Thursday morning, is there a time/place people would like to meet up on the way out?

lets shoot for Browns Camp #1 and then horse camp #2 as our back-up plan.

Either way I will get a text msg out to someone to post up where we end up thursday.

For those heading up Thursday morning, Lets shoot for meeting at the gas station around 9 a.m.

So i wont be able to head out until friday most likely. I'm trying to shift other things around and be able to head out late thursday though. could i maybe get somebody to call me or post a notice on here thursday morning with the details as far as where we are staying etc?

Alright sounds good. I am still not real familiar with the area still. Could we post up directions maybe too? lol

Plan A - Browns Camp: Turn at the gravel barn just like your going to Rogers Camp day use area, but instead take a right at the Y off the highway. Stay left at the next Y, and follow the road until you come to a stop sign (a few miles). Hang a left at the stop sign and follow the road into the campground. There should be signs posted the entire way "Browns Camp."

Plan B - Horse Camp: There's a few different ways to get there, but the easiest in my opinion is exiting at the Rogers Camp turnoff. Hang a right at the Y, and then another one at the next intersection. You'll then want to make another right and cross over a small bridge. Your going to stay on this road for a few miles (just stay on the main road), and pass a couple sections of "Powerline" Trail. There will be a sign with "Horse Camp" printed on it near the turn off.

Rutherford Rd off of Hwy6 will also drop you into Horse Camp as well, but it's not really marked to well.

untitled.jpg

Trying to make a "Saturday" run for this.. But I am camping 9 Days in a row the following weekend.. so Im trying to get some "backchannel funds" to make it.. hahaha

Lets also plan on a 930 a.m. departure time for a saturday morning trail run. We will meet at 9a.m. either in the staging area at Browns or just ouside the campground at horse camp (on powerline) depending on where we end up.

Dustin, would you like to pick a departure time for a night run either friday or saturday night... or both
icon10.gif

Plan A - Browns Camp: Turn at the gravel barn just like your going to Rogers Camp day use area, but instead take a right at the Y off the highway. Stay left at the next Y, and follow the road until you come to a stop sign (a few miles). Hang a left at the stop sign and follow the road into the campground. There should be signs posted the entire way "Browns Camp."

Plan B - Horse Camp: There's a few different ways to get there, but the easiest in my opinion is exiting at the Rogers Camp turnoff. Hang a right at the Y, and then another one at the next intersection. You'll then want to make another right and cross over a small bridge. Your going to stay on this road for a few miles (just stay on the main road), and pass a couple sections of "Powerline" Trail. There will be a sign with "Horse Camp" printed on it near the turn off.

Rutherford Rd off of Hwy6 will also drop you into Horse Camp as well, but it's not really marked to well.

THANKS Dustin!!! I'll see you guys there most likely friday then. Will definitely try and be there in time for night run though i dont see why i wouldn't be there in time for that.

To sum it up we have -

Mojojojo - Rod
TORX - Dustin
GlueNtape - Dave
RedJeep3 - Nick
NightFoam - Ryan
NW-xj-Scott - Scott
Shermellow- Sorry man, I don't know your name yet.

Looks like Mojo, Torx, Myslef, nightfoam, Shermellow. Will be meeting at the gas station at 9? with a 9:30 depature.

Redjeep3 - Possibly Friday, if not we will see him Sat.
NW-XJ-Scott - Possibly on sat.

I can't wait for a night run. I have all kinds of lights I need to install this next week. Among other things.

I am bringing Kids. You all should find some to rent for the weekend :)

To sum it up we have -

dave.

ill be up there with a group of newbies.:scared: were going to head for horsecamp friday afternoon, with a secret camp as a backup.

maby well run around a little together.:dunno: im just playing everythign by ear for the weekend.

not shure what trail my group will want to hit, i know im down for a night run with the fellas. so far my group looks like

me: 00 XJ 3" & 31s
92zj stock
99wj stock
89XJ BB & 31s

possably
H3 Stock(i think)
67 chev 3/4 4spd locked F&R

just thaught id give you guies a heads up that ill be lurking in the area:clap:

Bronze.

To sum it up we have -

Mojojojo - Rod
TORX - Dustin
GlueNtape - Dave
RedJeep3 - Nick
NightFoam - Ryan
NW-xj-Scott - Scott
Shermellow- Sorry man, I don't know your name yet.

Looks like Mojo, Torx, Myslef, nightfoam, Shermellow. Will be meeting at the gas station at 9? with a 9:30 depature.

Redjeep3 - Possibly Friday, if not we will see him Sat.
NW-XJ-Scott - Possibly on sat.

Hey just correction ill be meetin up with everybody friday. Oh the mame is Steven btw :)

I can't wait for a night run. I have all kinds of lights I need to install this next week. Among other things.

I am bringing Kids. You all should find some to rent for the weekend :)

Back