• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Annual Big Bear Event !!! Which weekend?

Which weekend for Big Bear SoCal Fest?

• May 2 & 3

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • May 9 & 10

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Other - post below

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mother... either weekend is fine. The last 2 years I've had to be at the airport at f*ck:30 in the a.m. on Mother's day to drop that year's 8th grader off for their WA DC trip. This year's my son's last year home before college. But as a mother, I'd prefer to wheel =).

However, as some potential participants are about to become parents for the first or second time over the next month or so, I'd advise against Mother's Day weekend. Other than it being colder than f*ck, why can it not be Earth Day weekend (I'm guessing it's probably the 25th/26th of April?) like Cal mentioned? The last 2 weekends in May sound bad... Jeep thing Remi mentioned, and Memorial Day.

My 2c

why can it not be Earth Day weekend (I'm guessing it's probably the 25th/26th of April?)

I agree.

Mothers day means I can't do it. Holly would not approve is being the first one and all ;).

Second, April 26 would be okay, that's around the weekend we originally started doing this and also happens to be my birthday ;)

why can it not be Earth Day weekend (I'm guessing it's probably the 25th/26th of April?)
Reason we did it on Earth day once in the past was to get the trail cleanup some coverage. We ended up with no coverage, really cooooold weather and since this year we're not doing trail cleanup during the event, why Earth Day?

OK... I resind my vote. Mother's day would not be good. All though, I wouldn't miss NASCAR that weekend.

I am being told that folks want to change their vote.

The vote count in the poll is no correct because of this.

We actually have at least 3 folks wanting to change their vote to the 1st weekend.

I will be closing this thread out tomorrow evening.

It looks like it is going to be the first weekend in May! We will know for sure toomorrow night.

Once closed, I will submit the dates and start the official threads in the Official Evetns section on the main page.

Thanks!

I am being told that folks want to change their vote.

The vote count in the poll is no correct because of this.

We actually have at least 3 folks wanting to change their vote to the 1st weekend.

I will be closing this thread out tomorrow evening.

It looks like it is going to be the first weekend in May! We will know for sure toomorrow night.

Once closed, I will submit the dates and start the official threads in the Official Evetns section on the main page.

Thanks!

Even with 3 people changing their votes, its still only a tie?

:edit: I'm a tard. I added 3, did not subtract 3.

My mother always wanted to go camping on mothers day when she was alive..So does my wife, she is a mother, wait can't say that...LOL She is a mommy

So, anyone else gonna vote or chime in?

I need to get this going next week so we can have a successful event.

You know that means you gotta' buy the beer?

Sucks for him, That means hes gotta go to the car wash and find a bum to buy it for him.... Freagin Minors!!! :D

A little change-up this year.

We will do the trail work day at a different time!!!

This means Sat & Sun wheeling!!!!

I will start another thread later this week in the official events section. We have to have the weekend determined firstm then we will need the volunteers to help organize it!!

do you think that we will get more participation by splitting it off? EDIT: Nevermind I found the request.

Any last minute comments?

I am closing the thread today.

Yea, Can you make it May faster? I had a blast last year!!

Sucks for him, That means hes gotta go to the car wash and find a bum to buy it for him.... Freagin Minors!!! :D

who says all car wash people are bums?? sometimes they're cheerleaders... but if theyre commin from serrano that generally isnt a good thing lol

who says all car wash people are bums?? sometimes they're cheerleaders... but if theyre commin from serrano that generally isnt a good thing lol

In Phelan you can find most of the bums at the car wash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back