• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest 09

Good lookin out, David Archuleta. Now get your dad to start putting together a Jimi Kit (Percocet, vicodin, oxycodone) just in case I gets a headache!!! :greensmok

:roll:

Nice try, but no drugs will be in my kit, just lots of bandages. Well that is unless you can show me a prescription...:D

-Alex

So what your really saying is that you never want to get rid of that old cable on your winch?:confused1

-Alex

No, what I am saying is that as the trail leader I take full responsibility for the length of time it took us to get back to camp, missing dinner, raffle, etc. What I am wondering is why my new line hasn't shown up in the mail yet. :worship:

In reality Alex, I think that run probably taught the whole group a lot of good lessons; We stayed together well, we had all of the spare parts needed, we had all of the experience needed, we SLOWLY learned how to communicate as a group, we learned what the scout motto really means when they say "Be Prepared" (I hope :nono:), and we all made it back to camp safely and in good spirits.
Michael

Feel free to put me down as a trail leader. I'm thinking a run Saturday running DIRECTLY up to the rocks via the quickest route (mostly logging roads) for those interested in getting to the rocks with minimal delay. This will also get me back to camp in plenty of time to get dinner going Sat. evening.

J

Feel free to put me down as a trail leader. I'm thinking a run Saturday running DIRECTLY up to the rocks via the quickest route (mostly logging roads) for those interested in getting to the rocks with minimal delay. This will also get me back to camp in plenty of time to get dinner going Sat. evening.

J

John,
I assumed that Sat Dinner would be at 6:00PM? I have all trail run's back by 4:00PM that evening to make sure everyone has time to "freshen up" before dinner ;)

Would you prefer to run directly up 1708 or do you want to add Lower/Upper Woodpecker on the way up? What time do you want to be back to be prepared for dinner? And how many people will you need help from for Dinner?

I will modify or add a run specifically with this in mind for you to lead.
Michael

Hey Michael, what are the requirements looking like for the Epic run? I just assume it will leave me out (usually epicness involved lockers) but I'm curious. :)

~Scott

Hey Michael, what are the requirements looking like for the Epic run? I just assume it will leave me out (usually epicness involved lockers) but I'm curious. :)

~Scott

An "epic run" means no one named Scott is allowed on the trail.

An "epic run" means no one named Scott is allowed on the trail.

:bawl:
Man Rich...with all that we've been through, this is how you treat me! I mean, you almost died that day the guy infront of me slammed on the brakes! :looney:

~Scott

John,
I assumed that Sat Dinner would be at 6:00PM? I have all trail run's back by 4:00PM that evening to make sure everyone has time to "freshen up" before dinner ;)

Would you prefer to run directly up 1708 or do you want to add Lower/Upper Woodpecker on the way up? What time do you want to be back to be prepared for dinner? And how many people will you need help from for Dinner?

I will modify or add a run specifically with this in mind for you to lead.
Michael

Yeah, if we plan on dinner at 6, I'd like to be back by 3 or so probably. I'd probably run 1706 and at LEAST upper woodpecker, only cuz it's about the same amount of time as taking the road. I figure if we leave by 9, 2 hours to the rocks, would leave us at least 3 hours to play, then head back. I don't know that I'd need much help for dinner, a couple of guys to help setup. I'll just grab Eli or a couple of my club guys that show up, no biggie.

John

Yeah, if we plan on dinner at 6, I'd like to be back by 3 or so probably. I'd probably run 1706 and at LEAST upper woodpecker, only cuz it's about the same amount of time as taking the road. I figure if we leave by 9, 2 hours to the rocks, would leave us at least 3 hours to play, then head back. I don't know that I'd need much help for dinner, a couple of guys to help setup. I'll just grab Eli or a couple of my club guys that show up, no biggie.

John

Your on. It is on the schedule.
Michael

~Scott

The formal requirements will come out with the schedule later this week. This "epicness" has more to do with skills and operating as a team than it does with lockers, big tires, etc. Currently I am thinking 1 TAD will be required.

Michael

I will volunteer to be a trail leader. That will involve folks having a "no whining" attitude and coming prepared, hopefully the tech inspection will take care of most of that.

We should also hold a drivers' meeting prior to each group departure, or at least a general one Friday and Saturday mornings.

I will volunteer to be a trail leader. That will involve folks having a "no whining" attitude and coming prepared, hopefully the tech inspection will take care of most of that.

We should also hold a drivers' meeting prior to each group departure, or at least a general one Friday and Saturday mornings.

I planned on talking with each trail leader extensively before the event about the trails they are leading and expectations for the group.

I agree that each trail leader should have a drivers meeting before each trail ride to include the group and what is expected.
Some of the things that might want to be discussed:
1. Recovery points of each vehicle
2. Equipment on and in each vehicle
3. First Aid equipment and training in each vehicle
4. CB Channel
5. Expected communication (perticularly between the leader and last in the group)
6. Order of vehicles
7. Time restrictions for return
8. Expected trail etiquitte
9. Winching etiquitte and safety
10. Not loosing the person in front or behind you.

I like your idea Doug,
I am not sure when we could have a "general" drivers meeting other than maybe Friday night or Saturday morning. Maybe I should put something up on line before the event?

Michael

Last edited:
All this organization is getting me pumped up! I too think that is a great idea on Doug's part. Possibly have the trail leaders gather up the people in their group and discuss with them what is going on, after Michael has given the leaders the larger, main talk. Kind of a spread-the-word type of deal. That way we dont have to mess with a giant crowd of anxious wheelers and one speaker.

John: Is the route you plan to take to the Funny Rocks the same trail(s) that the whole gang of us took up last year? I would love to run that stuff in my rig, whether I man up at the rocks or not. I enjoyed watching the rigs playing up there last year, and apart from everything else Naches has to offer, Id like to spend an afternoon getting back up there.

-Lyle

John: Is the route you plan to take to the Funny Rocks the same trail(s) that the whole gang of us took up last year? I would love to run that stuff in my rig, whether I man up at the rocks or not. I enjoyed watching the rigs playing up there last year, and apart from everything else Naches has to offer, Id like to spend an afternoon getting back up there.

-Lyle
Yes and no. The road actually leads higher up, closer to the rocks. We'll bypass that trail and continue on the road.

I also really enjoy watching rigs play on the rocks, taking lines that my rig/I won't do. There are plenty of places for rigs like yours to play up there, however.

-----Matt-----

All this organization is getting me pumped up! I too think that is a great idea on Doug's part. Possibly have the trail leaders gather up the people in their group and discuss with them what is going on, after Michael has given the leaders the larger, main talk. Kind of a spread-the-word type of deal. That way we dont have to mess with a giant crowd of anxious wheelers and one speaker.

-Lyle

And you didn't get to see the moon rocks (I think that was it, right?)...those were crazy.

~Scott

Back