• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest 09

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! You gonna have Matt help you? :dunno::laugh3:

I think anyone who had their ass handed to them on the trail and had to have others help them put their junk back together is automatically disqualified from being eligible for tech. inspector.

Curious: What specific things would be inspected?
For Autocross racing we pretty much look at wheel bearings and brakes. A cursory inspection under the hood for battery hold down, fluid caps and any glaring problems. Wheel bearings are the most common failure to pass reason - too loose. It would be great to get a hot list posted with the hopes that no one fails inspection.

Curious: What specific things would be inspected?
For Autocross racing we pretty much look at wheel bearings and brakes. A cursory inspection under the hood for battery hold down, fluid caps and any glaring problems. Wheel bearings are the most common failure to pass reason - too loose. It would be great to get a hot list posted with the hopes that no one fails inspection.

It's gonna be hard to detect any cooling system issues, but maybe at least look to see no fluid leaks, bad fan clutch, etc. I would say a quick list of what needs to be looked at would include:

Battery hold down/cables
Major slop in tie rod ends, track bar bushings, etc.
Ball joints/wheel bearings
Play in any u-joints, driveline or axles
Brake pedal doesn't go down to floor
Fr. and Rr. recovery points
Functioning lights
Fire Extinguisher and recovery strap on board

With at least two guys, this shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes per vehicle, and it's all just common sense and basic safety stuff.

My $.02

John

It's gonna be hard to detect any cooling system issues, but maybe at least look to see no fluid leaks, bad fan clutch, etc. I would say a quick list of what needs to be looked at would include:

Battery hold down/cables
Functioning lights

With at least two guys, this shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes per vehicle, and it's all just common sense and basic safety stuff.

My $.02

John

Ill be doing tech inspection this year, and will make up a checklist for each rig. If your junk isnt up to par, better get it there. ;)

:D

Battery hold down/cables
Functioning lights

My $.02

John

Thank you! I noticed on PNW you mention parking brakes as well. I have a nasty rear man seal leak. If Eli is going under I'll be sure to over fill it.

Ill be doing tech inspection this year, and will make up a checklist for each rig. If your junk isnt up to par, better get it there. ;)

:D

If you can get this list of your out as soon as possable that would be great =) I did fine last year, but I really really dont want to be "that guy".. but just in case, I'll be being my wing nuts and a file ;)

Ed

Here is a quick list. I may add or remove a few between now and then.

Battery hold down/cables

No bungie cords, rope, duct tape, ect. will be accepted

Replace your worn parts before wheeling, wether at NWfest or otherwise!

Dont even bother showing up if it goes to the floor. There are lots of hills, and we dont need loss of brakes.

Functioning lights

There are public roads and forest service roads, and you can be ticketed.

Fire Extinguisher

There have been a few fires, and you should have one in every vehicle IMO!

First aid kit

They come in handy! Just something you need incase you get lost from the group and get injured.

Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench.

If you dont have these, make friends with someone who will lend you theirs. Please make sure the spare matches the size of the rest of the tires.

Safety belts for driver and any current passenger.

They should be worn at all times. Stuff can happen on and off the trails. If you need the extra room to look, tuck it under your left armpit.

Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle. Acceptable forms of attachment points:
-Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
-D-Rings
-Shackle/Clevis
-Hitch(either front or/and rear)

(All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)

You will need at the minimum of 1 tow point. 2 are highly reccomended.

Adequate spare parts(axle shafts, tie rods, electrical, ect..)

I know not everyone can afford spare parts, but make friends with someone who has the spares that you dont, and see if you can borrow them for those 'oops' moments.

2 bungee cords is a battery tie down right ? JK and bring 25 gallons of water for the guy behind you that over heats 240 times like last year i wont point any fingers you know who you are ;o) you wouldn't think a radiator cap could cause that many problems... i had a great time last year i will be there for sure again this year

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite Alex. I should be ok though. Ive got my 31 mud terrains, and ive disconected the sway bars. Plus im rolling the fenders and welding the rear end up here in hopefully less than a week

I'll help out with the welcome wagon. It will be nice to help point people in the right direction to help them feel welcome and comfortable with the regulars.

i am going to organize a few fun games n things for the lil ones and the big kids as well. I will try and incorporate it into the dinner raffle night so everyone is there and can participate.

I'll help out with the welcome wagon. It will be nice to help point people in the right direction to help them feel welcome and comfortable with the regulars.

And accept their beer donations? :cheers:

icon4.gif
Underage drinking will not be tolerated this year! A bunch of adults can't be responsible for a few that choose to get out of control. Plus if a Ranger or Police officer decides to pop in, you wouldnt want to get a ticket! Sorry, but NAXJA cant take the blame for a minor drinking.
icon4.gif

If we have an excuse to get some work done at John's shop? Would he be ok with doing a pre Naches inspection at his shop for us that are short on time or less mechanically inclined?

Thanks
Jason

if i can get my locker put in and some more armor by then i may just have to head over there.

if i can get my locker put in and some more armor by then i may just have to head over there.

Not all the trails will require lockers, only the more difficult ones.

The most important thing to have are rock rails and tow points. Even if you don't have those things you can come hangout and meet people and hitch rides on some of the built rigs if you wanna see the harder stuff.

-Alex

Back