• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest 09

X2. Be like me last year and leave your Jeep in the driveway and let the beating be given to someone elses rig. :D

-Lyle

A.K.A. Inverted leafs. :roflmao:

~Scott

Functioning lights

There are public roads and forest service roads, and you can be ticketed.
what if you're towing? :eyes:

is this place a 'base camp' and drive to the trails kind of deal? :(

is taking a not-street-legal rig here more than a slight annoyance? :anon:

what if I plead with the cops and tell them that its legal in kalifornia? :confused1

what if I plead with the cops and tell them that its legal in kalifornia? :confused1

How far from street legal is your rig? Is it licensed at all or strictly ORV tags? You can get away with a LOT up there if you're pleasant. Yes, we have a basecamp and drive to the trails. A few of the trails are less than a mile from camp. Depending on how you want to get to the rocks, you can drive 3-4 miles on the highway and then up a FS road.

John

what if you're towing? :eyes:

I think you'll be fine at Naches.

Other places in the state, not so much.

How far from street legal is your rig? Is it licensed at all or strictly ORV tags? You can get away with a LOT up there if you're pleasant. Yes, we have a basecamp and drive to the trails. A few of the trails are less than a mile from camp. Depending on how you want to get to the rocks, you can drive 3-4 miles on the highway and then up a FS road.

John

kinda far...?

stp85533.jpg

3-4 miles shouldnt be a problem as long as the po-po isnt looking...

Does it have license plates?

I have plates with tags from 2006 :confused1

Its a green sticker in CA which is the same registration as a quad... I dont know what Washington has for that program, but it'll likely have that same registration in WA once I get up there.

I have plates with tags from 2006 :confused1

Its a green sticker in CA which is the same registration as a quad... I dont know what Washington has for that program, but it'll likely have that same registration in WA once I get up there.
WA doesn't have a similar program, alas. I'm really not sure what your options are. Because you're transfering it from another state you'll have to get an emissions check (at least) in order to get plates, maybe even a WSP inspection. You should be okay at Naches, but we'll be creative about how to get you back and forth on the roads.

-----Matt-----

Naches is definitely more lenient than other trails systems here as far as legality goes. Just make sure your green sticker is current, it shows that you at least made an attempt at legality of some sort. You should also consider some sort of flares/flaps system, even if it's something you take off for the trail. That is, if you're planning on getting WA plates.

Some Counties do not have Emission Testing. To get WA Plates a WSP inspection is needed.

For up to Three (I think) days, Trip Permits are available. If I remember the price has been jacked up.

Okay it looks like we have a fair amount of help to get it done. We do need more volunteers for trail leaders though. So if you know the Naches area please speak up. Keep in mind we may want a few runs for the more daily driver types of rigs too.

I see nobody wants anything to do with the raffle (aside from winning the stuff). That's no problem, but seeing as I've never been beyond the buying raffle tickets stage, I'll take any help I can get. So hit me with any potential contacts for raffle swag, or any ideas you may have.

Ken

Ken,

I will put a list of trails together for each day and will ask for trail leaders at that time, I would guess about 3 trails per day (mild, medium, difficult) would be good with the size of group (this may change as we get closer and know who is coming).

Michael

Ken,

I will put a list of trails together for each day and will ask for trail leaders at that time, I would guess about 3 trails per day (mild, medium, difficult) would be good with the size of group (this may change as we get closer and know who is coming).

Michael

Another option would be to choose a number of trail leaders that know the area and ask them to submit a list of trail that they would like to see run for the difficulty they would like to lead.

Depending if my wife and daughter go I would volunteer to lead the easy or the moderate run.

Also we probably need one (1) easy trail run, two or three moderate trail runs, and one or two hard trails per day. All of this depends on the number of people that come. I like groups of 8 or less.

What do you guys think??

Another option would be to choose a number of trail leaders that know the area and ask them to submit a list of trail that they would like to see run for the difficulty they would like to lead.

Depending if my wife and daughter go I would volunteer to lead the easy or the moderate run.

Also we probably need one (1) easy trail run, two or three moderate trail runs, and one or two hard trails per day. All of this depends on the number of people that come. I like groups of 8 or less.

What do you guys think??

100% on board with that.

Back