• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My FitchBox (tm)

I stumbled across that one and a few others like it. If I remember and can find the other links in my huge list 'o bookmarks, I'll post them.

Has anyone used these? http://www.waytekwire.com/item/46094/POWER-RELAY-MODULE-CONNECTOR/ They're expensive and you have to buy connectors, but it would simplify the wiring a lot...also it's a 70 amp relay and not a 30-40 amp. Downside is that you'd have to replace the whole thing if the relay failed. They're also kinda big, so I'm not sure if I could fit eight of them + a power distribution block in the project enclosures I've found.

If I could find something like that with a 40 amp rating, I'd use it instead of standard relays. No need for a separate fuse block. All of the 8 circuit fuse blocks I've been finding are only rated for around 100 amps total load. The light bars I'm planning on using draw about 16 amps each, so I'd only have another 36 amps of capacity left. If I added more lights or a 12v fridge/freezer, I'd use that up in a hurry.

Yeah, it's unlikely that I would have everything on at the same time...but I'd rather over build it than risk an electrical fire.

Is there a write-up of Fitch's relay box and switch panel somewhere? His website has been down for awhile... I see plenty of pictures of completed boxes people have made, just no actual write-ups with the wiring schemes and what not.

And what's the advantage of using the relays with sockets pre-wired? I'm seeing a number of different 5 pack ones on eBay for $15...

Here is some helpful info on wiring a relay, it's pretty simple. Using pre wired sockets are handy because you can simply remove a relay and plug another in without worrying about where the wires were plugged in.

I too am interested in doing this but the link for the write up seems to be bad/old. Does anyone have a different link or a write up they'd like to share?:D

Looking back over this thread gives me motivation to work on a Jeep again. Lots of cool stuff here. My jeeping has been interrupted by my mustang cobra. Which is cool, but creeping into driveways and over speed bumps gets old

I too am interested in doing this but the link for the write up seems to be bad/old. Does anyone have a different link or a write up they'd like to share?:D

Fitch is a friend of mine. He is out of the Jeep thing right now and I think he pulled his web site down. I will try to get a hold of him and see if I can get his original write-up back up somewhere.

Fitch is a friend of mine. He is out of the Jeep thing right now and I think he pulled his web site down. I will try to get a hold of him and see if I can get his original write-up back up somewhere.

That would be fantastic! I've researched this hi and low and pieced together a plan to do this but to see his would be rich!

I really hope you can get those write ups and I hope Fitch decides to get back into Jeeping. I remember looking over the write up but haven't been able to find it and now I know why.

I really hope you can get those write ups and I hope Fitch decides to get back into Jeeping. I remember looking over the write up but haven't been able to find it and now I know why.

I haven't spoken with Steve in about a year now. I will try to get a hold of him again.

I'm going to talk him into building me a box if I can.

Back