• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Cable Identification

krwalkman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, this feels like such a dumb post but I’m lost. I’ve let it go for a few months since I noticed but I really need to know. I have 3 cables in my engine bay that are unplugged. 2 male connectors, one female. Neither of the males will fit with the female. I have pictures of the three attached. All 3 are coming from the wiring harness, so they don’t appear to be some aftermarket wiring.

Maybe the previous owner (7 years ago now) swapped some stuff or deleted some, but I have no idea what it would be. They were tucked away but I had recently discovered them when doing motor mounts.

I tried to take the pictures so you can see where they start.

The male cable in the first photo ties into the harness on firewall on the passenger side. It looks just like the cable that goes into the little vacuum valve behind it, but there’s not a second one anywhere.

The male cable in the second photo comes out from the harness beneath the fuse box on the passenger side.

The female cable in the last photo comes out of the harness right next to and beneath the coolant reservoir.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
07ec806b2261b8026963d8466c371194.jpg

3f8ca2a007d79dd80e379502cc381a93.jpg

70238d53ac628dd198e1aae6f6777d8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding those are big...

I think the 1st photo is for the optional underhood light. My '96 has the same lonely connector.

No clue on the 2nd one.

The 3rd one looks like it might possibly be the battery temp sensor. Do you have a battery temp sensor and is it plugged in? (It would be under the battery.)

Back