• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 2 1/2 yr old nephew was killed

Lady XJ said:
Word’s from Charles’ Mommy

I am Charles' mother. I wanted to post on here to say a few things. First, to thank everyone for their sympathy, their thoughts and prayers. The way that this entire community has risen up to help us and console us has been amazing and uplifting.

Second, to those who are full of anger: it changes nothing to be angry. Your anger only hurts you. You say that you would not wish my pain on your worst enemy, but then you wish a life of torment on these men. When people think of Charles, I want them to think of the love we had for him. I don't want them to be torn up with anger and hate when they think of my beautiful boy.

Love is the only thing with any power to change anything. My love for Charles has changed my life, and I am glad to have had it, for however short a time - I would not exchange it for freedom from this pain. Let your sorrow for him and for us change you for the good."

And my words:
Yesterday

Yesterday I said my final goodbye's to Charlie, it was so much harder than I thought it would be! I hated seeing them lower Charlie's little body into the ground! But when I stopped myself I realized that it was NOT Charlie that put in the hole, it was a borrowed shell that held his spirit. It not only made watching bearable, it was the truth.

Charles is home with Jesus! He was greeted by those that have gone before us.....

I posted this today on the VenturaCountyStar:

Thank you so much for all of you that attended and the continuing support of my brother and his family! Please continue to pray for them as they try to find a new "normal". I praise God we had Charles', it was a blessing every second he was with us! I thank God for bringing a community and family together through the tragic events that brought us here.

Please NEVER FORGET! Keep Charles alive in how you treat others, be a little kinder to all those that come into your lives. Wave and smile at someone you don't know. Pray for those that upset or hurt you, ask God to bless them and their lives! Let this time be a lesson to us all of how to come together as a community and support one another, offer to get groceries for the elderly person in your neighborhood, mow the lawn of a disabled neighbor, love those who are angry and full of sadness.

I know so many people are grieving over the loss of my nephew, I ask that you give his death purpose! His life was short, but he had a wonderful, full life. His life was full of love and happiness! I ask that you continue to spread the happiness that showed every time he smiled. Slow down and hug your kids more, laugh with your family, take the time to tell those around you that you appreciate them! We never know how long God has us here for, use the time we have in this fast paced World and make something with it. Don't just wait until another tragedy, LOVE ONE ANOTHER NOW!!!!!!!!! :) May the love and peace of God be with you now and always! God Bless you and your families!!!!

Charles' Auntie
myspace.com/CharlesGoodrich

Wow. Even if you are not a religious person the quotes above carry a lot of meaning and value. I Was angry but certainly not any more. Upset yes but not angry. My teen sons will be getting hugs and a little chat this afternoon, and more of them more often than they have lately.
Sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Charlie.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. It makes me tear up when I imagine if Charlie was my daughter instead so I cant even imagine how I would feel.

I'll keep your family in my prayers and pass on the info to the prayer chain at our church. Its at times like this when you can feel God's hand the most. When my wife and I lost our daughter (born preemie) it was hard, but my wife could feel God ministering to her heart and she was able to come through it with much the same outlook; it was better to have had her, held her, loved her, and lost her then to never have had her in the first place.

WOW!!! I am angry I am sad and I think I am definatly stronger and in more control of my feelings. Sorry for your loss, being a brand new parant I can't stop looking at these children that bless our lives with out smiling knowing that charlie is looking back and smiling at us!!!

Jordan and family I am sad to hear of your loss.

jeeperjohn said:
Best wishes for your brother and his family. He's got a long road ahead but with the right support he will eventually be able to move on.
So far they have had such an amazing amount of support, it's blown me away. They have had someone send housekeepers, dinner daily, groceries and the list goes on and on. My sister-in-law is the organist, choir director and teaches piano, so friends they are not limited! My sister-in-law is afraid to leave the house, she is afraid if she gets hugged one more time she may explode! :) What a horrible problem to have! I can rest knowing they have an awesome support system in Santa Paula. Tomorrow night is a fundraiser event the high school kids put together, people have been so wonderful!!! But all my brother wants is his son back:( ME TOO!!!!

Thank you everyone, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

wow jordan sorry to hear that, you and your family keep hanging in there.

My sincere condolences. Is it any wonder I think drunk drivers should be shot?

My uncle Wayne was killed by a drunk driver (too drunk to walk, so he drove.) I know it's not the same, but I just wanted to let you know that I do understand on some level...

(If a DUI killed my two-year-old grandson, I'd be typing this from West Block in Quentin...)

5-90 said:
My sincere condolences. Is it any wonder I think drunk drivers should be shot?

My uncle Wayne was killed by a drunk driver (too drunk to walk, so he drove.) I know it's not the same, but I just wanted to let you know that I do understand on some level...

(If a DUI killed my two-year-old grandson, I'd be typing this from West Block in Quentin...)
Actually, it WAS my first thought. I said something like that to my brother (Charlie's Dad) and he said "it won't bring him back. I don't know, I just can't be angry. I don't have the energy. I just want to wake up from this horrible nightmare! Every morning I wake up and realize it's real:'( I do want to follow the court case of the "men" that hit and run and killed Charles. Two are being charged because they were fighting over the steering wheel.

DSC_0105.jpg

Lady XJ said:
Actually, it WAS my first thought. I said something like that to my brother (Charlie's Dad) and he said "it won't bring him back. I don't know, I just can't be angry. I don't have the energy. I just want to wake up from this horrible nightmare! Every morning I wake up and realize it's real:'( I do want to follow the court case of the "men" that hit and run and killed Charles. Two are being charged because they were fighting over the steering wheel.

Gawd. Fighting over the wheel? When neither can drive?

I know I try to spend a decent amount of time drunk (ethanol is the only painkiller I can get in enough quantity to be useful,) but I always make sure I'm done running about for the day before I get started. And that I have a full night to sleep it off.

If my wife and I go out, and I'm to be the "designated drinker" (I do enjoy my job...) I don't even take my keys. When I was single, if I went out, I'd sleep it off in the parking lot.

Drink & Walk? OK. Drink & Drive? Not OK. (I did get picked up walking home from a bar one night. Cop was cool about it - he took me home. He didn't have to, but he did.)

I have zip tolerance or pity for drunken drivers. They think they're hard done by - I don't think we do enough to them. I talked to a guy who thought he had a hard time of it because he caught only ninety days on his fourth DUI. In Turkey, you're shot for your second. Turkey doesn't really have a DUI problem. I wonder why...?

Friday the owner (not the driver) of the truck that struck my nephew, Charles, killing him instantly pleaded guilty against the advice of his attorney. His attorney then stood (cover his butt from a future law suit of not defending his client) and named all the technicalities he was going to use to get the driver, Garcia, off scot-free. Garcia then asked for the maximum sentence, twenty years. He will be charged in 4 weeks.

For those of you wondering WHY the owner, a passenger, would be charged, he was grabbing at the steering wheel, the truck then jumped the curb.

Your continued prayers are appreciated. I saw my brother yesterday and he is so very sad, it is so difficult to see him this way! And today, fathers day, is just a painful reminder, but also a reminder that he is blessed with 4 beautiful daughters!

Thank you!

Back